PDA

View Full Version : A good critique on a coffee company and other institutions

jsbhike
07-22-21, 19:42
Commentary on the brcc drama, what is valued, and description of a man named Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.revolver.news/2021/07/black-rifle-coffee-new-york-times/

Rogue556
07-22-21, 20:37
It's not often that I make it through an article and come out the other side in complete agreement.

Pretty much spot on.

BRCC certainly isn't the only company to do it, and they won't be the last either. The gullibility of the right has been, and likely will be, its demise.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Averageman
07-22-21, 21:04
Insightful and enlightening.

docsherm
07-22-21, 21:26
That entire article was everything that I have come to expect form the liberal media. Nothing but trash. Everything was taken out of context and they are trying to divide anything that isn't their libtard BS point of view. Only thing they got right was Evan's name.

Total SH!T.........

Ready.Fire.Aim
07-22-21, 22:01
Article is pure gas-lighting BS.

It assumes that ALL conservatives agree with and support racist behavior.

“Black Rifle actually hates populists and conservatives. In fact, it’s willing to pay you to never be their customer again. That’s the takeaway....”

The author’s conclusion is because BRCC takes action against racist symbols and behaviors.

jsbhike
07-22-21, 22:04
Article is pure gas-lighting BS.

It assumes that ALL conservatives agree with and support racist behavior.

“Black Rifle actually hates populists and conservatives. In fact, it’s willing to pay you to never be their customer again. That’s the takeaway....”

The author’s conclusion is because BRCC takes action against racist symbols and behaviors.

Saint Michael and an American willing to risk everything to defend an American city are symbols and behaviors of racism now?

Ready.Fire.Aim
07-22-21, 22:28
Saint Michael and an American willing to risk everything to defend an American city are symbols and behaviors of racism now?

Of course not.
“The Angel Michael defeating Satan in Revelations 12:7–9” and the tic-tac toe looking “St. Michaels Cross” are two, completely separate, topics.

Have you read about the origin of the “St. Michael Cross” ( tic tac toe look alike) the article is referring to that had been adopted by racist groups- and why white supremist groups adopted it?

The 2000 year old “iconic symbol” the author refers to isn’t 2000 years old and isn’t iconic.

jsbhike
07-22-21, 22:42
Of course not.
“St. Michael defeating Satan in Revelations 12:7–9” and the tic-tac toe looking “St. Michaels Cross” are two, completely separate, topics.

Have you read about the origin of the “St. Michael Cross” ( tic tac toe look alike) the article is referring to that had been adopted by racist groups- and why white supremist groups adopted it?

I just read the article again as well as using the search function and didn't see any mention of the Romanian origin cross. The article specifically mentions the image of St. Michael fighting demons as being the issue.

And there is the opposition to Rittenhouse willing to risk his life to protect others.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-22-21, 22:43
BRCC jackedup their first response to Kyle and I dropped them. I saw a video where they said that they kind of jacked it up and it kind of made sense, so I restarted buying from them. I don't know what to make of this. I can't and won't pay for The New Yorker subscription, but what does it actually say?

utahjeepr
07-22-21, 22:58
Don't know what his actual opinions are. A lot of his shtick is almost a caricature of a pro America vet. Not my concern really. I never put him on a pedestal. Can't say I think he's a villain either. Just some dude doing his thing, now that thing could be in danger and he's trying to duck and cover. I don't buy his coffee or not buy his coffee over that shit. I can't say I make a patriotic conservative choice, I get my damn coffee at Costco. They are pretty lib, but there are just things I get there that I don't want to have to find replacement suppliers for.

Ready.Fire.Aim
07-23-21, 09:23
I just read the article again as well as using the search function and didn't see any mention of the Romanian origin cross. The article specifically mentions the image of St. Michael fighting demons as being the issue.

And there is the opposition to Rittenhouse willing to risk his life to protect others.

You are right, I am wrong.
I read the paragraph and thought” iconic symbol” referred to the white supremist symbol St Michael Cross (tic-tac-toe) versus the painting of the Angel Michael described in Revelations.

Thanks for correcting my mistake.

My thoughts on Rittenhouse are mixed, mostly emotive, based on what I read in MSM- which I believe to be biased against him.
I realize I have very few facts so reserve sharing an opinion.

Hank6046
07-23-21, 09:57
Don't know what his actual opinions are. A lot of his shtick is almost a caricature of a pro America vet. Not my concern really. I never put him on a pedestal. Can't say I think he's a villain either. Just some dude doing his thing, now that thing could be in danger and he's trying to duck and cover. I don't buy his coffee or not buy his coffee over that shit. I can't say I make a patriotic conservative choice, I get my damn coffee at Costco. They are pretty lib, but there are just things I get there that I don't want to have to find replacement suppliers for.

^^^THIS. I have bigger problems in my life than Evan Hafer's opinions or his coffee. My local gun shop started carrying BRC maybe 3-4 years ago and I would buy a bag or get one thrown in with a purchase and I genuinely thought it was decent coffee. I appreciated his stance on hiring veterans as I have tried to explain my prior service in the corporate world and how it applies to the job I was interviewing at only to get blank stares in my direction. I really hope he does go on to hire a good amount of veterans, but I just think that there has been a culture of idolizing people in our community. I have taken a class where I have learned a very valuable lesson from former LEO only for another classmate to tell me that he learned something different from a class with Navy Seal Delta Recon Ranger 6, and that same guy had his $2.5 AR fail in a class. I think we do have a subculture in and around the military and firearms (M4Carbine.net...) and that can be a good thing to educate people to a different perspective, but the idolization and looking for people to lead this movement is something that I would caution against.

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-23-21, 10:04
I've always looked at BRCCs marketing as targeting the Boomers who post Sam Elliott memes on Facebook with take that libtard tough guy quotes, and young people who don't know what a good cup of coffee tastes like.

kerplode
07-23-21, 11:24
I tried to support these guys after their dust-up with Starbucks a couple years back. Subscribed to their youtube channels and podcast and bought a bunch of their coffee. But I was very quickly put off by their abrasive drunken frat-boy personalities. I didn't have any use for that shit in college and I certainly don't now.

Also, their coffee was mediocre quality at best and very inconsistently roasted. I had two bags of silencer whatever in my order...One was reasonably light roasted but the other was way past french roast...Like burned little charcoals. Anyway, the majority of that order got spread on my grass, I went back to the decent local stuff I was buying before, dumped their nonsense social media, and went on with my life.

Honu
07-23-21, 13:58
kinda like bose better sound through marketing

their coffee is crap about the same as charbucks crap
think of the gun world and people thinking their crap is the best stuff ever :)

one has to be into coffee maybe to realize ? but to most into coffee they are a joke kinda shows even conservatives and the like will follow the leader types blindly !

Esq.
07-23-21, 14:08
Said it before (and got flack for it) Hafer et al are Second Amendment Poseurs.

I don't give a shit what they did in the military etc (Which is kinda funny- really, this is our "best?"-- Guy was a CIA Spooky Contractor etc...Well, his tradecraft is SHIT because he got "ambushed" by a Newspaper that my F'ing dog knows is a Communist shit wiping rag)...just because you have guns as a logo doesn't make you "right" on the Second Amendment. F those guys.

Leaveammoforme
07-23-21, 14:46
Was at a match where they were one of the sponsors. Got a free bag of coffee. It was drinkable. Tried one of the free cold brews as well. It was pretty stout/strong and I had to dump it out before my eyes started twitching.

I know that at least one of the rep's competed and placed. Seemed like a good group of people. Maybe they should be in charge.

utahjeepr
07-23-21, 15:19
Only ever had their coffee at one of Will's classes. Like a lot of coffee these days, I'm sure it's fine if you are mixing in a ton of stuff into it. I drink black, coffee flavored coffee.i ain't no connoisseur, just like what I like. And BRCC wasn't it. I can't help but wonder if they are connected to the Bad Ass coffee co, also out of SLC, that I did like.

TomMcC
07-23-21, 15:50
Never had their coffee, know a little about this story, but didn't much care. Sounds like the moral of the story is "don't give interviews to leftist media" and watch what the heck you say...everyone is listening, and ready for war.

jsbhike
07-23-21, 16:22
Never had their coffee, know a little about this story, but didn't much care. Sounds like the moral of the story is "don't give interviews to leftist media" and watch what the heck you say...everyone is listening, and ready for war.

The interview is the latest thing. Before that it was comments making sure everyone knew they didn't support Rittenhouse(whose real life act doesn't seem out of place compared to BRCC advertising) and those comments apparently got someone's curiosity up on checking campaign donations which didn't seem to go where BRCC advertising would make most people think it would.

Whiskey_Bravo
07-23-21, 16:47
BRCC jackedup their first response to Kyle and I dropped them. I saw a video where they said that they kind of jacked it up and it kind of made sense, so I restarted buying from them. I don't know what to make of this. I can't and won't pay for The New Yorker subscription, but what does it actually say?

I stopped my sub after their Kyle reaction. Never started it back up.

The article in question is trash. But Hafer should never have given the interview. Then he shared the the story. Now is backtracking saying it was all out of context. Well wtf did you expect that shit of a rag to do? Stop trying to pander to people that don't like you and never will. The only thing I can think is they are wanting to go public or at secure more investments to expand and need to seem more "mainstream".

Let's not mention some of the higher level employees at BRCC that seem to be ultra lefties donating to act blue and the like.

I wanted to support them , especially now that they are in Texas but I can't.

Diamondback
07-23-21, 17:22
For the price and politics, I might as well just stick to MJB or Folgers from the can, or head down to the nearest mom-n-pop diner for classic Farmer Brothers like Grandpa drank. May not stack up to the snobs, but... call it the "smell of childhood memories" factor.

SteyrAUG
07-23-21, 22:32
For the price and politics, I might as well just stick to MJB or Folgers from the can, or head down to the nearest mom-n-pop diner for classic Farmer Brothers like Grandpa drank. May not stack up to the snobs, but... call it the "smell of childhood memories" factor.

I make better coffee at home with Jamaica blue than anyone can sell me. No politics needed.

jsbhike
07-23-21, 22:41
I make better coffee at home with Jamaica blue than anyone can sell me. No politics needed.

Pretty good coffee.

https://www.cafebustelo.com/en/coffee?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0emHBhC1ARIsAL1QGNcY1wHyzaftaEejLw7Z1wgciUAOV_UN0xXktp1VeUXnm4hOKAlhoKgaAjwREALw_wcB

Saw some at the now closed only Cuban restaurant I have ever heard of in South Kentucky.

I have found a Cuban sandwich recipe that is pretty close to what I got there, but the tiny cup of coffee(steamed milk and other stuff...no clue on ratio) I always got that was so good is likely just going to be a memory.

SteyrAUG
07-23-21, 22:44
I really hope he does go on to hire a good amount of veterans, but I just think that there has been a culture of idolizing people in our community. I have taken a class where I have learned a very valuable lesson from former LEO only for another classmate to tell me that he learned something different from a class with Navy Seal Delta Recon Ranger 6, and that same guy had his $2.5 AR fail in a class. I think we do have a subculture in and around the military and firearms (M4Carbine.net...) and that can be a good thing to educate people to a different perspective, but the idolization and looking for people to lead this movement is something that I would caution against.

So I've taken lots of seminars and a few classes from sorta famous people. I trained with some guys before they got really famous. I've learned some cool tricks and tactics and I feel I've always gotten my money's worth, but I've learned more from people that nobody ever heard of before and 90% of it was immediately useful.

It's either correct or it's not correct, it either works, doesn't work or it also works. The big trick is making it work for you. The really good instructors / trainers aren't selling "one size fits all" instruction programs. They can look at YOU and make YOU better sometimes even with just some minor corrections that probably would have never occurred to you in 20 years.

Really good instructors are more "try this" rather than "do this." Famous names are neat, they have a solid knowledge base and of course they have the stories, anecdotes and real world experience that are always worth the price of admission. In my opinion mindset is more important than shaving .008 of a second off of your IDPA score.

Even with unlimited ammo and range time, I'm never going to beat Jerry on the line. My goal is to be a RKI and as a result have a reasonably effective skill set and performance on and off the range.

SteyrAUG
07-23-21, 22:47
Pretty good coffee.

https://www.cafebustelo.com/en/coffee?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0emHBhC1ARIsAL1QGNcY1wHyzaftaEejLw7Z1wgciUAOV_UN0xXktp1VeUXnm4hOKAlhoKgaAjwREALw_wcB

Saw some at the now closed only Cuban restaurant I have ever heard of in South Kentucky.

I have found a Cuban sandwich recipe that is pretty close to what I got there, but the tiny cup of coffee(steamed milk and other stuff...no clue on ratio) I always got that was so good is likely just going to be a memory.

Also try Pilon if you are doing cafe con leche. Steam your coffee, microwave your milk, 60/40 to 70/30 milk to coffee ration and as much sugar as your teeth can stand. Good stuff but stop at 4 unless you want to be awake for the next 24 hours.

Diamondback
07-23-21, 23:32
So I've taken lots of seminars and a few classes from sorta famous people. I trained with some guys before they got really famous. I've learned some cool tricks and tactics and I feel I've always gotten my money's worth, but I've learned more from people that nobody ever heard of before and 90% of it was immediately useful.

It's either correct or it's not correct, it either works, doesn't work or it also works. The big trick is making it work for you. The really good instructors / trainers aren't selling "one size fits all" instruction programs. They can look at YOU and make YOU better sometimes even with just some minor corrections that probably would have never occurred to you in 20 years.

Really good instructors are more "try this" rather than "do this." Famous names are neat, they have a solid knowledge base and of course they have the stories, anecdotes and real world experience that are always worth the price of admission. In my opinion mindset is more important than shaving .008 of a second off of your IDPA score.

Even with unlimited ammo and range time, I'm never going to beat Jerry on the line. My goal is to be a RKI and as a result have a reasonably effective skill set and performance on and off the range.

This sounds a lot like what "Range Mom" and the others from her department I shot with back in college did with me, and I in turn did with classmates who'd occasionally join me on the range during lunch breaks, not so much teach a Book Way as "the book can be wrong, experiment with different ideas and figure out what best fits YOU." Similarly, their teaching philosophy that I adopted could be described thus: "*I'm* not gonna teach you anything, *you're* gonna teach yourself with me helping. I'll hold the torch to light the way and walk the path with you, but YOU're going to have to make decisions at the forks in the road."

Boy Scout
07-24-21, 00:18

I don't give a shit what they did in the military etc (Which is kinda funny- really, this is our "best?"-- Guy was a CIA Spooky Contractor etc...Well, his tradecraft is SHIT because he got "ambushed" by a Newspaper that my F'ing dog knows is a Communist shit wiping rag)...just because you have guns as a logo doesn't make you "right" on the Second Amendment. F those guys.

Bro-vets gonna bro-vet. They rode the Trump/red wave, but they didn’t change tactics when the the theatre changed. Whether they got had by the NYT or not, they aren’t very slick.

The age of the bro-vet and “thank me for my service” is over, 5th Gen warfare and whatnot.

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 00:42
This sounds a lot like what "Range Mom" and the others from her department I shot with back in college did with me, and I in turn did with classmates who'd occasionally join me on the range during lunch breaks, not so much teach a Book Way as "the book can be wrong, experiment with different ideas and figure out what best fits YOU." Similarly, their teaching philosophy that I adopted could be described thus: "*I'm* not gonna teach you anything, *you're* gonna teach yourself with me helping. I'll hold the torch to light the way and walk the path with you, but YOU're going to have to make decisions at the forks in the road."

So a very effective teacher once expressed it as simply as "Absorb what is useful..."

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 00:49

So I always kind of dug the guy if for no other reason than "Pew Pew Tactical" and the Halloween videos, but yeah dead center with that assessment.

In fairness, not all combat vets effectively translate or transfer that wartime experience back to the real world. Lots of guys I know are locked into Iraq - Not Safe / US Safe, I can't begin to explain the excessive numbers of combat vets I know who would NEVER conceal carry back home because it needs to be their mental "safety zone" and they always ask me some variation of "Why the hell are you carrying a gun...we aren't in Iraq or anything."

I guess "maybe" this guy forgot that they are doing psyops back at home and it's called the NY Times. But just the same, should have seen it coming. Should have KNOWN he was a target, should have KNOWN he'd get played.

Can't walk into Compton and think everything is gonna be fine simply because you own a NWA album at home.

Korgs130
07-24-21, 00:56
That entire article was everything that I have come to expect form the liberal media. Nothing but trash. Everything was taken out of context and they are trying to divide anything that isn't their libtard BS point of view. Only thing they got right was Evan's name.

Total SH!T.........

This ^^^ A pro 2A, pro LEO, pro Mil, pro America business owner gives an interview to the NYT in the hopes of highlighting veterans issues, (in specific those dealing with veteran amputees) The NYT then spins that interview out of context with the clear intent to stir the pot and sow division amongst the 2A crowd. Crazy that so many folks here on m4c now take the NYT at their word. Seems like y’all took the bait. Well played.

Ready.Fire.Aim
07-24-21, 01:31
........ I know are locked into Iraq - Not Safe / US Safe, I can't begin to explain the excessive numbers of combat vets I know who would NEVER conceal carry back home because it needs to be their mental "safety zone" and they always ask me some variation of "Why the hell are you carrying a gun...we aren't in Iraq .......

Kinda ironic since the major urban USA areas such as Chicago and Houston have a murder rate equal or exceeding Baghdad.

Media agenda bias targeting the unwary is as old as papyrus.
Look how William Randolph Hurst instigated the Spanish American War or the Red Scare of the 1950s.
Fail to learn history, doomed to repeat it.

Esq.
07-24-21, 04:50
This ^^^ A pro 2A, pro LEO, pro Mil, pro America business owner gives an interview to the NYT in the hopes of highlighting veterans issues, (in specific those dealing with veteran amputees) The NYT then spins that interview out of context with the clear intent to stir the pot and sow division amongst the 2A crowd. Crazy that so many folks here on m4c now take the NYT at their word. Seems like y’all took the bait. Well played.

Gee, I can't believe the New York Times would do something like that....Oh, wait....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_the_Holodomor

When you are a willing participant in the murder of millions I guess "ambushing" a couple of Bro Vets couldn't be reasonably forseen....

jsbhike
07-24-21, 08:50

A few points:

1) they chose to sit down with NY Times for the interview
2) what was printed goes hand in hand with BRCC social media posts concerning Kyle Rittenhouse which certainly were not pro 2A
3) what was printed goes hand in hand with BRCC employee political donations

They do seem to be pro mil/le. Their response to a US citizen defending other US citizens and business from the attack of a left wing mob casts some doubt on the pro 2A and pro business PR.

Esq.
07-24-21, 09:08
A few points:

1) they chose to sit down with NY Times for the interview
2) what was printed goes hand in hand with BRCC social media posts concerning Kyle Rittenhouse which certainly were not pro 2A
3) what was printed goes hand in hand with BRCC employer political donations

They do seem to be pro mil/le. Their response to a US citizen defending other US citizens and business from the attack of a left wing mob casts some doubt on the pro 2A and pro business PR.

Further...BRCC is a TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY......They don't have lawyers or "media people" or even competent staff to say, "Gee, this is the NY Times, widely known as Communist scum, We are a supposedly Pro 2a company...Maybe they would try to screw us, maybe we should insist on certain ground rules, taping etc..." ...Really, that never occurred to anyone? Who is getting fired?

It didn't because they are either stupid (but created a $200 mil company?) OR what they said is what they really believe and only the backlash got them defensive.

It's now a pattern. Choose,--stupidity or it's really who they are. I choose the latter.

jsbhike
07-24-21, 09:32
Gee, I can't believe the New York Times would do something like that....Oh, wait....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_the_Holodomor

When you are a willing participant in the murder of millions I guess "ambushing" a couple of Bro Vets couldn't be reasonably forseen....

I always think of that when people claim deception by the media is something new.

AndyLate
07-24-21, 10:36
Further...BRCC is a TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY......They don't have lawyers or "media people" or even competent staff to say, "Gee, this is the NY Times, widely known as Communist scum, We are a supposedly Pro 2a company...Maybe they would try to screw us, maybe we should insist on certain ground rules, taping etc..." ...Really, that never occurred to anyone? Who is getting fired?

It didn't because they are either stupid (but created a $200 mil company?) OR what they said is what they really believe and only the backlash got them defensive.

It's now a pattern. Choose,--stupidity or it's really who they are. I choose the latter.

This. Esq is rarely wrong...

Andy

tgizzard
07-24-21, 10:56
Yeah I tried to get on the BRCC train after they first came on the scene. Thought the coffee was drinkable and thought their antics were amusing. I think they grew too big too fast though and I stopped buying from them long before their troubles from the past year. Coffee arriving late, poor customer service, and as others have said iffy roast from bag to bag of coffee.

It seems to me they tried and successfully tapped into a market, but it looks as if their true colors have come to the surface recently.

If I remember correctly I think Matt Best was a member on this forum at one time as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kerplode
07-24-21, 11:15

Go look at the FEC filings...Several of their exec level employees donated to Democrats during the 2019-2020 period:
Ayse Altunisik - Media Manager - Multiple donations to ActBlue
Donna NG - Copy Editor / Writer - $500 to Biden
Chris Omer - VP of Information Technology - Multiple donations to ActBlue
David Rhee - Senior Financial Analyst - Multiple donations to ActBlue
Evan Hafer - CEO - $500 to Tulsi Aloha

Now granted, these are small donations, but still not how you'd expect the execs of a company that markets itself as Pro-2A to be behaving. Also, there are quite a few donations by BRCC employees to Repubs, but the above listed execs ONLY donated to dems.

Anyway, it's more proof that something isn't right at BRCC.

You can get the FEC data yourself here:
FEC contributions from BRCC employees, 2019-2020 (https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_employer=Black+Rifle+Coffee&two_year_transaction_period=2020)

kerplode
07-24-21, 11:20
Also, I haven't bought anything from BRCC in years, but I woke up this morning to a "Join our awesome coffee club!" email out of the blue. If they're scraping their email lists trying to recruit back people who haven't been a customer in 5+ years, then this is definitely hurting them.

Endur
07-24-21, 13:52

I concur.

You can only have so many coincidences before it is no longer a coincidence, but fact.

Diamondback
07-24-21, 17:29
I concur.

You can only have so many coincidences before it is no longer a coincident, but fact.

As Goldfinger so astutely observed...

"Mr. Bond, they have a saying in Chicago. Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence. Three times, now that's Enemy Action."

Arik
07-24-21, 18:21

It's now a pattern. Choose,--stupidity or it's really who they are. I choose the latter.I can't speak for them and I don't really care which way they fall on the political spectrum but yes.....not everyone follows "communist" stuff. Before 2020 I heard of WaPo. That's is to say I knew the name. Period. I had no interest in them or whatever they wrote. And most people definitely don't know about a famine in a foreign country almost 100 years ago!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Esq.
07-24-21, 19:33
I can't speak for them and I don't really care which way they fall on the political spectrum but yes.....not everyone follows "communist" stuff. Before 2020 I heard of WaPo. That's is to say I knew the name. Period. I had no interest in them or whatever they wrote. And most people definitely don't know about a famine in a foreign country almost 100 years ago!

Well, public education being what it is I can see where people might not know about the murder of 20 million people....BUT, Rush Limbaugh was on the air coast to coast for three decades...Listen to half a dozen of his shows over that time span and you know who the Times is. Not a radio person, well, ok how about the 1619 Project? Ever hear of that? Times was balls deep in that. Oh, and weren't these guys supposedly in the military???? Does the full page hit piece by Move On published in the Times vs. David Petraeus ring any bells, no? Ok then, never mind....

How about their complete failure to understand after tripping over their schlongs with Rittenhouse that EVERYTHING is political now? Did they not see half the damn country burn down last year, Really? They have no adults in the room, as a $200 Million dollar company that understand these things?

As America's finest 5th Generation Warfighters they don't understand that there is a cultural/political war being waged in this country? Never read Unrestricted Warfare? After all the corporate virtue signaling campaigns of the last years-- the bros don't watch the NBA OR NFL? Horseshit, I don't buy that.

Arik
07-24-21, 19:43
Well, public education being what it is I can see where people might not know about the murder of 20 million people....BUT, Rush Limbaugh was on the air coast to coast for three decades...Listen to half a dozen of his shows over that time span and you know who the Times is. Not a radio person, well, ok how about the 1619 Project? Ever hear of that? Times was balls deep in that. Oh, and weren't these guys supposedly in the military???? Does the full page hit piece by Move On published in the Times vs. David Petraeus ring any bells, no? Ok then, never mind....

How about their complete failure to understand after tripping over their schlongs with Rittenhouse that EVERYTHING is political now? Did they not see half the damn country burn down last year, Really? They have no adults in the room, as a $200 Million dollar company that understand these things?

As America's finest 5th Generation Warfighters they don't understand that there is a cultural/political war being waged in this country? Never read Unrestricted Warfare? After all the corporate virtue signaling campaigns of the last years-- the bros don't watch the NBA OR NFL? Horseshit, I don't buy that.

Heard of 1619. Again....last year, maybe year + . Yes saw the riots....LAST YEAR! Not a decade ago.

So BRCC is political warfare?

Just cause you're balls deep into this 5th generational warfare, communism, CIA, spy vs spy shit doesn't mean everyone else is too.

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 19:52
For a long time now the NY Times is basically Pravda. Washington Post might be worse, but it always has been.

Esq.
07-24-21, 19:57
Heard of 1619. Again....last year, maybe year + . Yes saw the riots....LAST YEAR! Not a decade ago.

So BRCC is political warfare?

Just cause you're balls deep into this 5th generational warfare, communism, CIA, spy vs spy shit doesn't mean everyone else is too.

What is a primary mission of the Green Berets? (I might excuse a Seal not understanding any of this, lol) Is a fundamental understanding of all aspects of Guerilla Warfare--including political influence and information operations part of the Robin Sage component of SF selection which every Tab holder must complete?

Endur
07-24-21, 20:24

Preach my man.

AndyLate
07-24-21, 20:36
And most people definitely don't know about a famine in a foreign country almost 100 years ago!
Tapatalk

Our education system is sh!t. People should at least have some knowledge of the British East India Company, King Leupold, the Irish Potato Famine, Banana Wars, the Armenian Genocide, Holodomor, the Rape of Nanking, the deaths of millions of people in Communist China, the Killing Fields, etc.

What percentage of college graduates could intelligently discuss any 4 of them?

Andy

jsbhike
07-24-21, 22:55
Our education system is sh!t. People should at least have some knowledge of the British East India Company, King Leupold, the Irish Potato Famine, Banana Wars, the Armenian Genocide, Holodomor, the Rape of Nanking, the deaths of millions of people in Communist China, the Killing Fields, etc.

Andy

The British East India Company, Irish potato famine, and Cambodian genocide(slight mentions of general Imperial Japanese brutality, but not Nanking) are the only ones I heard about in school. The rest I read about on my own with a large percentage via JPFO.

Straight Shooter
07-24-21, 23:11

Andy

Brother- youve got HIGH hopes for people. Id be surprised if ANY grad knew ONE of those subjects. BUT...I had a young un help me fix my cellphone in about a minute the other day, so..theres that.

SteyrAUG
07-25-21, 00:08

Andy

I think I'd actually give $10 to anyone under 30 who could tell me about Unit 731 without looking it up. And when they actually do look it up, the whole idea of the "Republicans are just like Nazis" nonsense gets a real world adjustment.

I'd love to be a history teacher, I'd really teach them about communism. Hey, nice mass murderer t shirt you are wearing...so let's actually talk about Che. One of the best days of my life was when I was teaching a force on force class and some clown was dumb enough to have a Che t shirt on.

Diamondback
07-25-21, 00:35
I think I'd actually give $10 to anyone under 30 who could tell me about Unit 731 without looking it up. And when they actually do look it up, the whole idea of the "Republicans are just like Nazis" nonsense gets a real world adjustment.

I'd love to be a history teacher, I'd really teach them about communism. Hey, nice mass murderer t shirt you are wearing...so let's actually talk about Che. One of the best days of my life was when I was teaching a force on force class and some clown was dumb enough to have a Che t shirt on.

The problem is most History Departments are Commie Shitstain Infested and hate guys like us with a purple-peeing passion that would defy even Patton's ability to find piquant prose for... part of why I'm starting to think instead of focusing on academia and getting back into a classroom on the other side of the lectern, maybe I need to pivot, change program plans and retarget myself onto the museum sector.

I'll bet your buddy would love Che a lot less being downrange of reenactors depicting his terrorist death-squads...

SteyrAUG
07-25-21, 00:47
I'll bet your buddy would love Che a lot less being downrange of reenactors depicting his terrorist death-squads...

Wasn't my buddy but he was my tackle dummy / demo guy when it came time to show basic applications of arm bars, take downs and chokes. When he asked why I picked him for the 8th time to demonstrate something I told him his red shirt stands out in a crowd. Usually I pick a pretty big guy so everyone can see these things work when you are giving up some height and weight advantage, but at that point I was pretty sick of Che "pop art" shirts.

These days the only ones I single out are guys in Affliction, TapOut or Rage Against the Machine shirts. TapOut guys seem to be the most fun.

mack7.62
07-25-21, 08:49

Seind money to ....... Uh dude Unit 731 was a Japanese operation, nothing to do with Nazi's.

Five_Point_Five_Six
07-25-21, 09:32
Wasn't my buddy but he was my tackle dummy / demo guy when it came time to show basic applications of arm bars, take downs and chokes. When he asked why I picked him for the 8th time to demonstrate something I told him his red shirt stands out in a crowd. Usually I pick a pretty big guy so everyone can see these things work when you are giving up some height and weight advantage, but at that point I was pretty sick of Che "pop art" shirts.

These days the only ones I single out are guys in Affliction, TapOut or Rage Against the Machine shirts. TapOut guys seem to be the most fun.

Lol where are you located that dudes are still wearing Affliction and Tap Out shirts? I haven't seen one in person in probably close to a decade.

Sam
07-25-21, 09:58
Hmm from a discussion on a coffee company to arm bar.

So here's my question, what's the definitive ruling on BRCC? support them or not? I just want a yes or no. No in between, no arm bar for me please.

Averageman
07-25-21, 10:19

So here's my question, what's the definitive ruling on BRCC? support them or not? I just want a yes or no. No in between, no arm bar for me please.

Sam, it would depend on the Coffee.
Really, if all the drama about supporting this and that is great, but...
How did you come in contact with this guy and not know this whole interview was a trap? Just not very bright I guess.
So if the Coffee were outstanding, I'm in. Holding out for some Conservative Patriots to serve us as we serve them? Nahhh, really, I'm good.

Sam
07-25-21, 10:29
Sam, it would depend on the Coffee.
Really, if all the drama about supporting this and that is great, but...
How did you come in contact with this guy and not know this whole interview was a trap? Just not very bright I guess.
So if the Coffee were outstanding, I'm in. Holding out for some Conservative Patriots to serve us as we serve them? Nahhh, really, I'm good.

I'm not concerned or interested in the flavor of the coffee, just the owner's politics. I've been known to drink instant, gas station's, McDonalds, cheap grocery store's brand, etc. I don't do Starbucks.

Grand58742
07-25-21, 11:35
I'm not concerned or interested in the flavor of the coffee, just the owner's politics. I've been known to drink instant, gas station's, McDonalds, cheap grocery store's brand, etc. I don't do Starbucks.

Context is everything and honestly, I found the Revolver article far more offensive than the NYT article. The context on the Proud Boys comment?

https://archive.fo/nPukW#selection-1905.487-1923.266

But while the St. Michael design was being mocked up, Hafer said he learned from a friend at the Pentagon that an image of St. Michael trampling on Satan had been embraced by white supremacists because it was reminiscent of the murder of George Floyd. Now any plans for the coffee bag had been scrapped. “This won’t see the light of day,” Hafer said.

“You can’t let sections of your customers hijack your brand and say, ‘This is who you are,’” Best told me. “It’s like, no, no, we define that.” The Rittenhouse episode may have cost the company thousands of customers, but, Hafer believed, it also allowed Black Rifle to draw a line in the sand. “It’s such a repugnant group of people,” Hafer said. “It’s like the worst of American society, and I got to flush the toilet of some of those people that kind of hijacked portions of the brand.” Then again, what Hafer insisted was a “superclear delineation” was not too clear to everyone, as Munchel’s choice of headgear vividly demonstrated.

“The racism [expletive] really pisses me off,” Hafer said. “I hate racist, Proud Boy-ish people. Like, I’ll pay them to leave my customer base. I would gladly chop all of those people out of my [expletive] customer database and pay them to get the [expletive] out.”

The Revolver article is really picking fly shit from the pepper by doing exactly what the NYT is accused of (and does) on a regular basis, taking things completely out of context and only quoting those parts that fit the narrative.

People get wrapped up in Hafer's donations to Obama. He explains that in an interview that he lost a bet with friends and matched the donation to John McCain (not that it's any better lol) which was confirmed by his FEC filing. (I linked the article with proof in the other BRCC outrage thread). And yes, he donated to Tulsi Gabbard while she was still a candidate. But then again, she had a lot of supporters on the right just by sticking her thumb in both Hillary's and Kamala's eyes.

Anyway, I'll take a company that's done so much for vets, the LEO community and does have a conservative base over the woke-ness of companies like Coke and Delta Airlines even if the owner does say dumb things from time to time.

Or says things that are taken out of context.

SteyrAUG
07-25-21, 20:08
Seind money to ....... Uh dude Unit 731 was a Japanese operation, nothing to do with Nazi's.

So you might want to read it again. I know exactly where Unit 731 was located, who was responsible and I even know we gave immunity to Shiro Ishi and co were given immunity in exchange for data by the US after the war.

But nobody accuses the Republicans of being just like Imperial Japan, that reference would be lost on 90% of people under 30. They call them nazis because that is the only mean word they know.

malstew123
07-25-21, 21:27
So you might want to read it again. I know exactly where Unit 731 was located, who was responsible and I even know we gave immunity to Shiro Ishi and co were given immunity in exchange for data by the US after the war.

But nobody accuses the Republicans of being just like Imperial Japan, that reference would be lost on 90% of people under 30. They call them nazis because that is the only mean word they know.

That and because there has been so much constant emphasis on how bad the Nazi's were/Hitler ect... because of cringey baby boomer mentality that has to focus on the success of their parents while downplaying the squandering of resources and wealth that they facilitated.

Would not spend the money on Black Rifle Cooofey.

I'd buy Alex Jones stuff instead. Atleast he showed up on Jan 6 and tried to stop the Q-tardery.

The BRC dudes have tried to distance themselves from anything Kyle Rittenhouse instead of just saying "We aren't cops, we weren't there, and we dont have any position on it."

Ready.Fire.Aim
07-25-21, 22:29
The problem is most History Departments are Commie Shitstain Infested and hate guys like us with a purple-peeing passion that would defy even Patton's ability to find piquant prose for... part of why I'm starting to think instead of focusing on academia and getting back into a classroom on the other side of the lectern..

I wish you would.
I went to college 1980-1984 at Texas A&M and was 4 yr ROTC thus in uniform daily.
I had a literal draft dodger English teacher take 10 points off my final grade because he didn’t like military students. The jerk actually told me that. My Dean fixed it (and him) for me.
I can’t imagine the BS ROTC students now go through.

Diamondback
07-25-21, 22:38
I wish you would.
I went to college 1980-1984 at Texas A&M and was 4 yr ROTC thus in uniform daily.
I had a literal draft dodger English teacher take 10 points off my final grade because he didn’t like military students. The jerk actually told me that. My Dean fixed it (and him) for me.
I can’t imagine the BS ROTC students now go through.

20 years ago my alma mater had a Chancellor who prided himself on recruiting veterans for faculty whenever possible. He left not long after I did, and this quiet little small-town community college has been a Woketard Hell ever since.

Straight Shooter
07-26-21, 12:45

MY opinion: I wont support them anymore. Firstly- did NOT like the coffee I got from them. Lingered around for almost a year before I finally got rid of it.
Secondly: Matt Best and his "crew" are Godless idiots. Dont care for them AT ALL.
Thirdly: Them dissing Rittenhouse doesnt sit well with me at all either.
Fourth: There are several other combat wounded/vet owned coffee companies out there...who sell coffee without all the antics, mouthyness and "bravado" that Best & his jokers do. Look arond, they are easy to find.
In short- F BRCC.

AndyLate
07-26-21, 14:53
~SNIP~

There are several other combat wounded/vet owned coffee companies out there...who sell coffee without all the antics, mouthyness and "bravado" that Best & his jokers do. Look arond, they are easy to find.
In short- F BRCC.

Like who? C'mon, man - spill the beans...

Andy

GTF425
07-26-21, 15:29

Andy

Invader Coffee is one.

Diamondback
07-26-21, 16:06
*groans at bad pun*

Grand58742
07-26-21, 16:25
*groans at bad pun*

He certainly deserves to be roasted over that one.

Diamondback
07-26-21, 16:26
He certainly deserves to be roasted over that one.

What's that sulfur smell? Oh, just another bad yolk...

Grand58742
07-26-21, 16:27
What's that sulfur smell? Oh, just another bad yolk...

Don't go off on me, It's been a traditional Monday that's just ground by.

Diamondback
07-26-21, 16:31
Don't go off on me, It's been a traditional Monday that's just ground by.
No offense intended, just trying to inject a little levity with how on-edge things have been in several other threads of late. :) I feel your pain on the daily grind... I have something stalled waiting for the client to make some decisions and they just aren't being responsive about which direction they want their project to go.

The trials and tribulations of the freelancer...

Grand58742
07-26-21, 16:35
No offense intended, just trying to inject a little levity with how on-edge things have been in several other threads of late. :) I feel your pain on the daily grind... I have something stalled waiting for the client to make some decisions and they just aren't being responsive about which direction they want their project to go.

The trials and tribulations of the freelancer...

Yeah, you missed the obvious reference there...

Let's see if you can filter it out on the second reading.

Diamondback
07-26-21, 16:38
Yeah, you missed the obvious reference there...

Let's see if you can filter it out on the second reading.

From bad coffee puns to gas leaks... LOL *ulp* Good thing I didn't stop for tacos on the way home from today's errands! :D

Grand58742
07-26-21, 16:41
From bad coffee puns to gas leaks... LOL *ulp* Good thing I didn't stop for tacos on the way home from today's errands! :D

Sorry you got French pressed on your project.