PDA

View Full Version : C*ck Blocked at the Gun Store

Alex V
07-24-21, 18:07
Went to the local gun store to pick up a Holosun 403B for a 22lr upper I’m building and decided to do some window shopping.

Walking past the Glock section of the pistol counter I saw a G43MOS on the top shelf that peaked my interest. Old timer with a “Molon Labe” tattoo behind the counter asked me if I was looking for anything and I said that actually I would love to get a 48MOS. He’s like “we still have a couple”

Holy hell! Let’s do this.

He goes in the back and brings me out that distinctive black plastic case and I’m grinning ear to ear. I go back to the shelf with the optics and grab a 507k and I’m on clown 9.

I bring my haul to the counter pull out my DL, CCW and CC. Nice girl at the counter looks at me and says “okay I need to see your credentials for the Blue Label program.

Womp womp.

Old timer’s like “oh, I thought you were a cop” :(

And they didn’t have any regular 48 or 43 MOS’s

DENIED!

GH41
07-24-21, 18:30
Why should cops be able to buy anything we cannot? Total bullshit! For years I have refused to do business with anyone who offers LEO discounts.

KTR03
07-24-21, 18:33
Why should cops be able to buy anything we cannot? Total bullshit! For years I have refused to do business with anyone who offers LEO discounts.

Probably a blue label gun.

Averageman
07-24-21, 18:39

Blue Label Guns are different.

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 18:41

Don't blame dealers, blame Glock and Colt. They are the ones who create these programs.

Now I offer LE discounts, I don't know why that should cost me business. If they are gonna buy 30 rifles for their department and you are prepared to buy 1 rifle, why shouldn't I incentivize a PD department with favorable pricing? Of course if YOU were coming in to buy 30 rifles I'd probably hook you up to just for the asking.

Also LE pricing isn't dramatic, these guys aren't getting 50% off or anything. But think about what they do (pulling people out of burning cars, etc.) and think about what they typically make in a year (about the same as a McDonalds manager) so when they are buying on their own dime, they get a LE discount. Same goes for active military.

And if that costs me the business of someone like you, well I'm sorry if you are offended for some reason.

pag23
07-24-21, 18:42
Join GSSF....get blue label pricing...works for me

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 18:55

Is that really a Glock qualifier? Asking because I honestly don't know. I know it's meant for all first responders and paramedics and fire department are always annoyed because a lot of dealers don't know they qualify.

Renegade
07-24-21, 18:57
Also LE pricing isn't dramatic, these guys aren't getting 50% off or anything.

I think that was OP point. It was not about pricing, but availability.

Renegade
07-24-21, 18:58

yep, no cop blocking!

GTF425
07-24-21, 19:01

It's a Blue Label gun.

In addition to LEOs, the program is available to GSSF members, honorably discharged vets with a DD214, as well as Fire/EMS personnel with credentials.

pag23
07-24-21, 19:09
Is that really a Glock qualifier? Asking because I honestly don't know. I know it's meant for all first responders and paramedics and fire department are always annoyed because a lot of dealers don't know they qualify.

Yes after signing up for a 2 yr membership you will get a coupon mailed from GSSF good for a blue label gun, the problem is some blue label dealers are a bit clueless about the GSSF coupon. Luckily some in my area are aware of it and I don't have issues buying Glocks with the coupon. If a blue label won't give you the discount with the coupon call GSSF who will get it straightened out....

You can also pay and get into a Glock Armored class...if you are a GSSF member. I have to sign up this year.

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 19:26

Well not much I'd be able to do about that. I'm pretty much a special order dealer anyway.

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 19:28
Yes after signing up for a 2 yr membership you will get a coupon mailed from GSSF good for a blue label gun, the problem is some blue label dealers are a bit clueless about the GSSF coupon. Luckily some in my area are aware of it and I don't have issues buying Glocks with the coupon. If a blue label won't give you the discount with the coupon call GSSF who will get it straightened out....

You can also pay and get into a Glock Armored class...if you are a GSSF member. I have to sign up this year.

Well now I'm up to date. If they have the coupon, I have to figure they qualify.

Alex V
07-24-21, 19:32
I feel like that would be disingenuous, I’m not going to compete in their competitions. Plus that requires some kind of “coupon”

Exactly. I’m not salty about the price, if Glock wants to provide a discount to LEO, fine. But it’s dumb that the store can’t sell me the gun because of the color of the sticker on the case. Charge me the Joe Blow price and sell it to me. It’s like two different inventory systems.

Reminds of me grocery stores in the USSR that were open to Communist Party members. The prices were the same as regular stores, but those stores actually had products where as the stores reserved for proles had empty shelves.

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 20:07
I feel like that would be disingenuous, I’m not going to compete in their competitions. Plus that requires some kind of “coupon”

Exactly. I’m not salty about the price, if Glock wants to provide a discount to LEO, fine. But it’s dumb that the store can’t sell me the gun because of the color of the sticker on the case. Charge me the Joe Blow price and sell it to me. It’s like two different inventory systems.

Reminds of me grocery stores in the USSR that were open to Communist Party members. The prices were the same as regular stores, but those stores actually had products where as the stores reserved for proles had empty shelves.

Honestly, Blue Label program is a PITA. My personal LE discount is usually more than the 10% difference of the Blue Label program. Blue Label Glocks are like $398 vs. Red Label Glocks at $440. The entire thing is stupid. If dealers want to be LE/MIL suppliers and offer LE discounts, that should be up to the dealer to work out in house programs.

Blue Label programs end up making guys on the Fire Department go from gun store to gun store hoping to find somebody that realizes they qualify for 10% off.

Additionally, if I provide a LE discount, my Glock availability should still go to who has "money in hand" right now. I shouldn't have to have six dusty Glocks on the shelf (all in .40 that nobody wants anymore) because of some stupid Blue Label program. The only thing worse is stocking dealer programs where manufacturers like FN make you buy a bunch of their crap that never sold in order to get one or two of whatever they made that everyone wants.

All manufacturers need to go back to simple retail vs. FFL prices where the retail price isn't ridiculously high to the point that nobody will ever sell one for that much and then offer stocking dealer pricing for those who are actually buying 10 or more of whatever model they are selling.

When big names decide you must be a stocking dealer in order to get any of their guns, I simply stop selling their guns because I'm not gonna buy 8 of something nobody wants that is never gonna sell.

Also FFLs prices are hardly confidential, they are published in Shotgun News and everywhere else. My markup is 20% and if people aren't willing to pay HALF of standard retail pricing, then those guys don't give a shit if I'm in business or alive next month anyway. Buy a LOT and you get 10% pricing because you are a serious buyer and I will treat you accordingly.

I also have a "you are a pain in my ass price" but that usually amounts to me referring you to another dealer I know who might be able to help you with that gun at that price and I send them down to the most full bang retail price / pain in the ass to deal with guy I know. These people really need to meet each other.

I also have a "you know what you are doing price." You email me with the CORRECT model number of exactly what you want, ask what my price would be vs. telling me how much it would cost at Buds / Botach and every time you fill out a 4473 correctly and you have your DL and Carry Permit ready and you come in and get things done...well you are going to get some consideration and a price adjustment because you are easy to deal with. Doing NFA stuff, my cost for a Form 4 transfer can be anywhere from the cost of a pizza to $100, it's mostly up to the buyer.

Attitude equals money and my shop IS a meritocracy. And that's so much more fair than any Blue Label program in the world.

AndyLate
07-24-21, 20:23
Would it not be more accurate to say you were Glock blocked?

Was it already said?

ARx3
07-24-21, 20:27
Well now I'm up to date. If they have the coupon, I have to figure they qualify.

GSSF price is slightly higher than Blue Label
http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

ABNAK
07-24-21, 21:19
It's a Blue Label gun.

In addition to LEOs, the program is available to GSSF members, honorably discharged vets with a DD214, as well as Fire/EMS personnel with credentials.

Yep, have bought several myself under that qualification (you're limited to 2 per year though).

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 22:12
Yep, have bought several myself under that qualification (you're limited to 2 per year though).

Geeze that's even dumber. Either you qualify or you don't.

Just more "you only need so many guns" mentality. If a honorably discharged vet is eligible for the program and wants to buy 10 Glocks, I can't think of a single valid reason why he shouldn't.

Pachucko
07-24-21, 22:17
Geeze that's even dumber. Either you qualify or you don't.

Just more "you only need so many guns" mentality. If a honorably discharged vet is eligible for the program and wants to buy 10 Glocks, I can't think of a single valid reason why he shouldn't.

I believe it’s to help stop resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrenaline_6
07-24-21, 22:20
FedEx pilots get 2 a year also.

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 22:57
FedEx pilots get 2 a year also.

LOL. If true then Blue Label programs really are meaningless. You put a LOT on the line for the 2A community flying Amazon packages for FedEx.

SteyrAUG
07-24-21, 23:04
I believe it’s to help stop resale.

So if you are a vet or a non vet, reselling new guns without a FFL is dangerous doo doo to engage in. You are either a qualified buyer or you are not. The idea that Blue Label programs help prevent unlicensed dealers is just more "promote anti gun narratives" BS being engaged in by a major manufacturer.

Again the Blue Label program needs to just go away. It never helped me sell a single Glock, it did however hinder my efforts to sell red label Glocks because of the expectation to buy at $425 or less created by the Blue Label program.

Result, I did one Glock Group Buy a year and other than that, F Glock. Wouldn't even take special orders for them because people bitched about the price. It made me look like a ripoff dealer, Glock really hurt my business with that BS. And when you sell to a PD, they don't notice a damn thing because that is the same price they get when they order directly from Glock so it doesn't make any difference to them, except most PDs just ordered directly from Glock because it was easier and same price. So for LE sales I was now in competition with the manufacturer, thanks Glock.

The only thing the Blue Label program ever actually did was make me strongly recommend SIG 2022s and FN9s to my LE customers.

CRAMBONE
07-25-21, 02:29

That’s your decision. But cops usually make beans compared to any other job.

Alex V
07-25-21, 10:30
That’s your decision. But cops usually make beans compared to any other job.

Agreed, I don’t mind cops having the discount, they have a hard job and most don’t get paid enough for the shit they have to deal with. It’s just annoying that there are two segregated inventory systems with one being stocked and the other one with empty shelves.

I understand there is less demand with one than the other but it’s still BS. Just have an LEO discount and not segregated sales.

Adrenaline_6
07-25-21, 12:23
Agreed, I don’t mind cops having the discount, they have a hard job and most don’t get paid enough for the shit they have to deal with. It’s just annoying that there are two segregated inventory systems with one being stocked and the other one with empty shelves.

I understand there is less demand with one than the other but it’s still BS. Just have an LEO discount and not segregated sales.

Yeah it makes no sense for 2 separate inventories. Just have one, have the qualifying persons with discounts get the rebate directly from Glock or have the LGS give the discount and get the rebate from Glock. One inventory.

AndyLate
07-25-21, 12:30
I thought the blue label glocks came with 3 magazines as well, so its not just a discount.

Edit, never mind, that is old data.

Andy

Averageman
07-25-21, 13:19
Years ago I bought a Blue Label.
Good Deal, in and out in a minute and I went to go shoot. I saw someone selling Glock uppers set up for red dot sights and off we went to the races.
I then found someone selling frames for Glocks and that one Blue Label became two guns.
Love it..

Diamondback
07-25-21, 14:58
At the risk of being That Guy, and read this in a David Caruso voice:

"Shouldn't that thread title be...

*glasses pull*
'Glock Blocked'?"

Yeah, I know, I'm horrible, couldn't help myself on this one.

CRAMBONE
07-26-21, 00:56
It's a Blue Label gun.

Vets only qualify during certain periods and it’s only for one purchase during a calendar year, I believe.

CRAMBONE
07-26-21, 01:06

Oh I agree with you there. It was really weird when the G44 came out and blue label pricing was the same if not more than red label pricing.

yoni
07-26-21, 08:51
So if you are a vet or a non vet, reselling new guns without a FFL is dangerous doo doo to engage in.

I know of a cop that was indited by a Federal Grand Jury for doing just that. He would go around looking for guns that were at a very good price, buy them and then resell them. He was doing like 6 to 10 guns a month without a FFL.

Does the gun store have to make a copy of the credentials of the officer to sell them a blue label gun?

If the answer is no, then what would keep them from selling a blue label gun to anyone?

T2C
07-26-21, 10:04
I know of a cop that was indited by a Federal Grand Jury for doing just that. He would go around looking for guns that were at a very good price, buy them and then resell them. He was doing like 6 to 10 guns a month without a FFL.

Does the gun store have to make a copy of the credentials of the officer to sell them a blue label gun?

If the answer is no, then what would keep them from selling a blue label gun to anyone?

There is a separate form that has to be completed by the FFL in addition to the 4473 when a Fireman, Police Officer or other qualified person purchases a Blue Label Glock. The form I saw requires the FFL to verify they have valid credentials, document their place of employment and their work unit.

I could not get ATF or the U.S. Attorney's office to tell me the number of firearms an individual would have to sell for them to be required to have a FFL. The officer you mentioned would definitely draw their attention and merit a Federal Grand Jury indictment.

Locally a Blue Label Glock 48 is $418, which is $38 higher than the same gun listed on the GSSF document on Post # 17.

Adrenaline_6
07-26-21, 12:13
There is a separate form that has to be completed by the FFL in addition to the 4473 when a Fireman, Police Officer or other qualified person purchases a Blue Label Glock. The form I saw requires the FFL to verify they have valid credentials, document their place of employment and their work unit.

I could not get ATF or the U.S. Attorney's office to tell me the number of firearms an individual would have to sell for them to be required to have a FFL. The officer you mentioned would definitely draw their attention and merit a Federal Grand Jury indictment.

Locally a Blue Label Glock 48 is $418, which is $38 higher than the same gun listed on the GSSF document on Post # 17.

Regardless of the paperwork involved, having 2 different labels (inventories) is stupid. The paperwork and discount can be filled out and given regardless of the color of a label.

yoni
07-26-21, 13:09
Yeah of course not.

That is like having a drunk driver law that the blood alcohol level is secret and changes everyday depending on what number is pulled out of the hat.

How is that acceptable in the USA?

utahjeepr
07-26-21, 14:43
Yeah of course not.

That is like having a drunk driver law that the blood alcohol level is secret and changes everyday depending on what number is pulled out of the hat.

How is that acceptable in the USA?

I don't understand how they get away with that subjectivity. "Engaged in the business of selling firearms" is not a legal standard. Not sure how this has not been challenged.

While a certain nasty part of me might like to see ammo scalpers hit as "unlicensed ammunition sellers", the liberty minded part of me knows better.

Dealing in second hand goods as a private individual should be unregulated. I can see if you have a storefront, wholesale accounts, and so on but not just buying and selling a few guns here and there.

C-grunt
07-26-21, 17:04

Just checked. Here in Az a Blue Label 48 is 369 and the 48MOS is 409.

pag23
07-26-21, 17:10

For GSSF you have to give the FFL your issued coupon, and they attach it to their copy of the FFL form. Everyone else I know in LE has to show creds and they have to fill out a separate form as T2C mentioned.

Alex V
07-26-21, 17:12
Been several days and I’m still salty about it.

Add insult to injury the Holosun 403 that I got from them was previously opened. Missing the manual, top foam, adjustment tool AND doesn’t work, even with a new battery.

I’m not happy.

Anyway, anyone have a line on a 48MOS that is Proles can buy? LOL

SteyrAUG
07-26-21, 19:07

Serial numbers ending up in non LEO hands. Glock does traces all the time. They traced a bunch through me and I had to tell them who I sold them to.

SteyrAUG
07-26-21, 19:14

There is no number. You can get arrested for 1 or not arrested for 100.

The phrase that pays is "engaged in business for profit." Now that's a typical ATF qualifier that is widely open to the determination of what ATF "believes" you did.

If they believe you are a large volume collector who wheels and deals all the time to maintain a massive personal firearm collection, well no problem.

If they believe you used your GSSF credentials to flip Glocks on the internet, well a single instance is all they need to prosecute.

This, like the "sporter clause" are all part of the 1968 Gun Control Act which mostly needs to go away. FOPA 86 fixed a lot of things and that is why every EE on every forum isn't illegal. Prior to FOPA 86 a common ATF scam (especially during the Carter era) was to set up at gun shows and sell popular guns at very favorable prices and then solicit the buyer with an offer to sell the gun for 20-30% more than he just paid for it. And if he takes the bait he gets arrested for being an unlicensed firearms dealer.

That little scam is why every serious gun collector had a kitchen table FFL back in the 70s and 80s even if it did only amount to beer money. It is also why ATF changed their criteria for having a FFL during the Clinton years to get rid of most of the home based FFLs.

T2C
07-26-21, 21:39
We had a local guy who flipped handguns for profit. IIRC he sold about 20 handguns in a two year period. What got his tit in a wringer was selling two handguns to Benjamin Nathaniel Smith, who went on a shooting spree in the Midwest using the handguns he sold him.

As SteyrAUG pointed out, if you attract the attention of ATF one can be the magic number.

sidewaysil80
07-27-21, 07:57
Anyone can buy Glock 48's or 43's, so what is bullshit? Are you saying store owners shouldn't be allowed to purchase inventory and intentionally allocate it for LE purchase, while simultaneously offering same product to general public?

Alex V
07-27-21, 08:14
Anyone can buy Glock 48's or 43's, so what is bullshit? Are you saying store owners shouldn't be allowed to purchase inventory and intentionally allocate it for LE purchase, while simultaneously offering same product to general public?

This would be fine if they were the same inventory. Meaning there is one SKU for a G48, for instance, but the seller offers a discount to the LEO. That's cool. The problem is there are two separate SKUs one for LEOs and one for citizens. This means the retailer can't sell the LEO SKU to the citizen - not a problem IF both are equally stocked, but they aren't. The LEO SKU is available [due to lower demand from a smaller pool of customers], the citizen one isn't. I haven't been able to find a non Blue Label 48MOS in a year, but I found two blue label ones on Saturday that I wasn't allowed to buy.

sidewaysil80
07-27-21, 10:41
This would be fine if they were the same inventory. Meaning there is one SKU for a G48, for instance, but the seller offers a discount to the LEO. That's cool. The problem is there are two separate SKUs one for LEOs and one for citizens. This means the retailer can't sell the LEO SKU to the citizen - not a problem IF both are equally stocked, but they aren't. The LEO SKU is available [due to lower demand from a smaller pool of customers], the citizen one isn't. I haven't been able to find a non Blue Label 48MOS in a year, but I found two blue label ones on Saturday that I wasn't allowed to buy.
I get how the Blue Label Program works. I also get your frustration. But I don't see an issue with them essentially allocating stock for LE/mil.

Diamondback
07-27-21, 10:54
I get how the Blue Label Program works. I also get your frustration. But I don't see an issue with them essentially allocating stock for LE/mil.

If they [edit: Glock] wanna eat the added costs of the double-inventory required that's their business... however, if I were the company's efficiency expert, the CFO or a shareholder/bondholder/similar, I would have serious questions about management of assets. It would make more sense to make all production of a model one SKU, then have Blue Label eligibles log onto a special Blue Label website and get a coupon.

Pushing half your production into inventory unbuyable by the majority of the market is a textbook example of "How NOT To Run An Efficient Company" from Business 101.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-27-21, 10:55
Some of the biggest whiny babies on this forum are crying in this thread. Entertaining!

sidewaysil80
07-27-21, 11:02
If they wanna eat the added costs of the double-inventory required that's their business... however, if I were the company's efficiency expert, the CFO or a shareholder/bondholder/similar, I would have serious questions about management of assets. It would make more sense to make all production of a model one SKU, then have Blue Label eligibles log onto a special Blue Label website and get a coupon.

Pushing half your production into inventory unbuyable by the majority of the market is a textbook example of "How NOT To Run An Efficient Company" from Business 101.
Realistically, it's not up to them. Glock allocates/allows specific "blue label" dealers based on area. Once part of that program, they are able to order/sell "blue label" guns.

Alex V
07-27-21, 11:03

If both were equally stocked, I wouldn't either.

Diamondback
07-27-21, 11:26
Realistically, it's not up to them. Glock allocates/allows specific "blue label" dealers based on area. Once part of that program, they are able to order/sell "blue label" guns.

I meant if I were in those positions at GLOCK. :)

GTF425
07-27-21, 12:12
Some of the biggest whiny babies on this forum are crying in this thread. Entertaining!

It's almost like people could volunteer at their local Fire Department and qualify for Blue Label, but nah.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-27-21, 12:34
It's almost like people could volunteer at their local Fire Department and qualify for Blue Label, but nah.

Exactly,

Cops, correction officers, security guards, EMT, firefighters, veterans, active duty, GSSF members, and all variations of the aforementioned fields of current/former/retired status are eligible for the programs. A private company wants to show supports for some career fields where people have volunteered their time to serve their nation/community and a bunch of whiny babies feel they are entitled to whatever they want whenever they want it.

Want to be eligible? Go serve something bigger than yourself....

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-27-21, 12:36

:rolleyes:

Damn you Lowes for offering discounts to contractors! Why should a general contractor get a discount that I dont?!?! I'll now refuse to do business with Lowes over this.

One word:

Entitlement.

joedirt199
07-27-21, 12:43
Easy fix. Find a local academy, work hard and graduate, find job in law enforcement - not hard tons of openings these days, get hired, gain benefits. Easy

Adrenaline_6
07-27-21, 12:49
:rolleyes:

Damn you Lowes for offering discounts to contractors! Why should a general contractor get a discount that I dont?!?! I'll now refuse to do business with Lowes over this.

One word:

Entitlement.

I don't think most are bitching over the discount. It's the stupid inventory availability with the way they are doing it.

Two words:

Reading comprehension.

Alex V
07-27-21, 13:26
Easy fix. Find a local academy, work hard and graduate, find job in law enforcement - not hard tons of openings these days, get hired, gain benefits. Easy

Take a 70% to 80% pay cut to get a Glock?

Yeah, no. LOL

I don't think most are bitching over the discount. It's the stupid inventory availability with the way they are doing it.

Two words:

Reading comprehension.

I'm not really sure why people don't seem to understand something so damn simply.

sidewaysil80
07-27-21, 14:31
If both were equally stocked, I wouldn't either.

So sell the guns that were allocated for first responders for higher price to non LE because demand says so?

jsbhike
07-27-21, 14:35
A couple of issues.

After 11 September 2001, .gov sales average about 35%(prior to 2001 it was about 20%) of US firearms sales. .Gov is typically trying to eliminate well over half of the firearms business so I don't see the upside in selling 35 rifles to one .gov entity that wants to prevent the company from selling 65 rifles to the peasantry.

A few years back Milwaukee PD had an order in with BCM and their rabid antigun chief Ed Flynn(who had been at the top of the Masshole police under Mitt Romney a few years earlier) went on the legislature speaking circuit wanting to ban the rifles Milwaukee was in the process of ordering. Acting outside the norm for the firearms industry BCM canceled their order. Kudos to Paul Buffoni.

I am not aware of any building trades that want(at least openly) to prohibit the sale of construction tools and materials to people not in construction fields. When plumbers, carpenters, and what have you start calling for limitations or out right bans on your average person to buy lumber, plumbing supplies, and tools I will start taking a dim view on the hardware stores that wish to encourage their inexcusable behavior by extending them discounts.

Diamondback
07-27-21, 14:44
I'm not really sure why people don't seem to understand something so damn simply.
"MUH SPEHSHUL BRO-PRIVUHLEGES!" I'm not even a Glock guy, I have no dog in this fight; my perspective is a Recovering Business Major looking at it through Management and Accounting eyes trying to figure out how to administer such a program at same benefit for minimum corporate cost. If they Blue Label a third of the run on a model and BL's decide they hate it, somebody's taking a bath on that inventory.

If *I* were chasing a G48MOS, I'd see about volunteering as a desk clerk at my local FD a few hours a month, just enough to get a cred. Holds no interest to me as a 1911 guy, though, so. Y'all Do Y'all.

Diamondback
07-27-21, 14:45
A couple of issues.

After 11 September 2001, .gov sales average about 35%(prior to 2001 it was about 20%) of US firearms sales. .Gov is typically trying to eliminate well over half of the firearms business so I don't see the upside in selling 35 rifles to one .gov entity that wants to prevent the company from selling 65 rifles to the peasantry.

A few years back Milwaukee PD had an order in with BCM and their rabid antigun chief Ed Flynn(who had been at the top of the Masshole police under Mitt Romney a few years earlier) went on the legislature speaking circuit wanting to ban the rifles Milwaukee was in the process of ordering. Acting outside the norm for the firearms industry BCM canceled their order. Kudos to Paul Buffoni.

I am not aware of any building trades that want(at least openly) to prohibit the sale of construction tools and materials to people not in construction fields. When plumbers, carpenters, and what have you start calling for limitations or out right bans on your average person to buy lumber, plumbing supplies, and tools I will start taking a dim view on the hardware stores that wish to encourage their inexcusable behavior by extending them discounts.

This needs a Like button.

Stickman
07-27-21, 15:12

It has nothing to do with that. Loads of people qualify for blue label Glocks.

Alex V
07-27-21, 15:29
So sell the guns that were allocated for first responders for higher price to non LE because demand says so?

Yeah, why not?

"MUH SPEHSHUL BRO-PRIVUHLEGES!" I'm not even a Glock guy, I have no dog in this fight; my perspective is a Recovering Business Major looking at it through Management and Accounting eyes trying to figure out how to administer such a program at same benefit for minimum corporate cost. If they Blue Label a third of the run on a model and BL's decide they hate it, somebody's taking a bath on that inventory.

If *I* were chasing a G48MOS, I'd see about volunteering as a desk clerk at my local FD a few hours a month, just enough to get a cred. Holds no interest to me as a 1911 guy, though, so. Y'all Do Y'all.

That post went everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Diamondback
07-27-21, 15:34
An alternate option would be to set an expiration on Blue Label allocation; say, after it's sat on the shelf for two months it can be reallocated to Red Label at higher price by phoning into HQ, having the original Blue entry for that serial deleted and transferred into the database as a new Red and printing a new label for the box. You still have the "double inventory and double SKU's" problem though.

"Amateurs talk strategy, professionals talk logistics."

Peace fellas, I'm outta this one.

sidewaysil80
07-27-21, 17:18
Yeah, why not?
1. It's unethical as they obtained those firearms at a lower price SPECIFICALLY to sell to the litany of people who qualify for them at a lower price then retail
2. Probably not worth the risk to lose Blue Label dealer status to appease those complaining

An alternate option would be to set an expiration on Blue Label allocation; say, after it's sat on the shelf for two months it can be reallocated to Red Label at higher price by phoning into HQ, having the original Blue entry for that serial deleted and transferred into the database as a new Red and printing a new label for the box. You still have the "double inventory and double SKU's" problem though.

Not to mention the fact that there is a pricing difference between wholesale blue label and red label guns. So selling them as red label doesn't fix the fact that they bought them at lower blue label price.

Alex V
07-27-21, 18:11
1. It's unethical as they obtained those firearms at a lower price SPECIFICALLY to sell to the litany of people who qualify for them at a lower price then retail
2. Probably not worth the risk to lose Blue Label dealer status to appease those complaining

Not what I meant. I’m still saying to just have one set of SKUs. One inventory that can be sold to either but at different prices. That way the stock goes to whoever gets it rather than have guns sit when people want to buy em but can’t.

SteyrAUG
07-27-21, 18:14

Yep, it's a bunch of shit.

How do you think sellers feel having inventory they can't move. We've covered a LOT of reasons the Blue Label program sucks. Another one is Blue Labels used to come with 3 mags and Red Labels only 2 mags? Why?

What happens is when I sell Red Label Glocks to most folks, half of them believe I've robbed a magazine because all the guys who can buy Blue Labels got 3 mags. So it makes sellers look like a crook.

Never mind the "anti gun" message of "only LE is professional enough to need 3 mags" it sorta sends. The whole thing is such a headache that I won't even buy Glocks from Glock, I can order the same blue label guns for exactly the same dealer price from a couple LE suppliers I know because you have to sell the Glocks for the same LE price. So that means nobody is really making any money selling Blue Label guns.

I only order them "as needed" for the LE guys who aren't allowed to carry anything else.

SteyrAUG
07-27-21, 18:16

"Amateurs talk strategy, professionals talk logistics."

Peace fellas, I'm outta this one.

HAH. Never happen. Glock once tracked me down about Blue Labels I sold two years prior that got into the mainstream. I had to show them I sold them to a LE dealer, but somebody down the road got their Blue Label privileges revoked.

SteyrAUG
07-27-21, 18:19
Not to mention the fact that there is a pricing difference between wholesale blue label and red label guns. So selling them as red label doesn't fix the fact that they bought them at lower blue label price.

I actually make more money selling red labels. There is about a $10 markup on Blue Label guns, which is why it's frustrating for non first responders to qualify for the program. This also creates a perception the all Glocks should cost about $425 which is actually $20 less than my dealer price for red labels so people think I'm jacking their prices through the roof.

Blue Label programs hurt dealers and piss off customers.

SteyrAUG
07-27-21, 18:23

LOL. Hope you don't mean me. I'm just pointing out how stupid Blue Label programs are and how it essentially makes me sell Glocks only when I need to. The whole thing is counter productive. What is worse, when I actually have a LE customer trying to buy a Blue Label Glock, I typically have half a dozen of what he doesn't want because EVERYONE only wants a G17 or G19. But I do have a compensated 40 nobody wanted. Had a few LE customers who paid extra for Red Label G17s because I couldn't guarantee when I'd have a Blue G17.

BuzzinSATX
07-28-21, 11:05
The Glock BL program has worked out well for me as a customer, but I’ve bought every BL gun from GT Distributors in Austin. I’ve bought over 20 Glocks over the years, and two were NOT BL guns.

I can see how it’s frustrating for other folks. I didn’t ask for the program, but when I learned about it, I use it. No different than any other military discounts I get from other companies. A lack of a military discounts doesn’t stop me from buying from anyone, but if offered, I’ll use it. Lowe’s and Home Depot also offer one and I use it.

Folks making $000,000 salaries aren’t looking to be LEO’s, prison guards, EMT’s, or GI’s. But they sure can have issues with a $50 discount or a few extra guns set aside for those who do those things.

I don’t know the allocation ratio between Red and Blue label guns to dealers, but I do know there are a heck of a lot more places to buy red labels than blue labels. If you can’t find a gun you can buy at an authorized BL dealer, head to Cabelas/Academy/Bass Pro/Interwebs.

Not trying to be an ass or disrespect anyone, just how I see it.

Adrenaline_6
07-28-21, 12:11
The Glock BL program has worked out well for me as a customer, but I’ve bought every BL gun from GT Distributors in Austin. I’ve bought over 20 Glocks over the years, and two were NOT BL guns.

I can see how it’s frustrating for other folks. I didn’t ask for the program, but when I learned about it, I use it. No different than any other military discounts I get from other companies. A lack of a military discounts doesn’t stop me from buying from anyone, but if offered, I’ll use it. Lowe’s and Home Depot also offer one and I use it.

Folks making $000,000 salaries aren’t looking to be LEO’s, prison guards, EMT’s, or GI’s. But they sure can have issues with a $50 discount or a few extra guns set aside for those who do those things.

I don’t know the allocation ratio between Red and Blue label guns to dealers, but I do know there are a heck of a lot more places to buy red labels than blue labels. If you can’t find a gun you can buy at an authorized BL dealer, head to Cabelas/Academy/Bass Pro/Interwebs.

Dude....the problem people have isn't with the discount.

jsbhike
07-28-21, 12:47

Art Acevedo, Ed Flynn, all the way down to their new hire clones that want to ban private firearms ownership and harass firearms owners getting rewarded by the industry they seek to destroy is the issue.

GTF425
07-28-21, 13:27
Dude....the problem people have isn't with the discount.

I will admit that I've never thought about the logistics of this from a non-BL customer's perspective before.

I can understand the frustration with not being able to purchase a firearm that is physically in front of you. I'm wondering why Glock use their method vs. simply allowing qualified buyers to purchase from a dealers' inventory at the Blue Label pricing.

jsbhike
07-28-21, 13:42
I will admit that I've never thought about the logistics of this from a non-BL customer's perspective before.

I can understand the frustration with not being able to purchase a firearm that is physically in front of you. I'm wondering why Glock use their method vs. simply allowing qualified buyers to purchase from a dealers' inventory at the Blue Label pricing.

Because they really don't value the demographic that constitute the majority of their sales?

BuzzinSATX
07-28-21, 14:51

It’s probably an inventory/accounting process.

And not all BL dealers sell for the same price..the large distributors sell a base level G19 for $398 and the LGS who are allocated BL guns sell same gun for $425.

How many BL dealers are there? Most places that sell Glocks are NOT BL dealers.