PDA

View Full Version : Dog shot three times protecting family

Buckaroo
12-10-08, 10:28
http://www.koco.com/news/18240393/detail.html

Thief Shot Dog Three Times Before Running Away

POSTED: 6:44 pm CST December 9, 2008
UPDATED: 6:48 pm CST December 9, 2008
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- A dog shot while trying to protect his family is expected to recover.

D-Boy the dog was shot when a thief tried to break into a home near the intersection of Northwest 42nd Street and Classen Boulevard.

The dog’s owner told KOCO that the veterinarian said, “If it wasn't for his hard head, he'd be dead."

Police said the dog was shot once in the head and despite that, he kept attacking the thief. D-Boy was shot again for his doggedness.

After shooting the dog three times, the man ran away, police said. Officers took D-Boy to a vet shortly thereafter.

His owner said the officers even called the next day to check on him.

Roberta Trawick said she’s thankful for the police and for D-Boy.

However, D-Boy's apparently been on edge since the incident and races to the door whenever someone comes to the home.

"I'd rather have him than anything,” Trawick said.

The vet said that D-Boy should recover.

The cost to save D-Boy was pretty steep, as well. The bill came out to be $1,500.

Copyright 2008 by koco.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

thopkins22
12-10-08, 10:39
D-Boy sounds like a warrior. Good for him.

Maybe vet prices are inflated in Houston, but $1500 to treat three gunshot wounds doesn't sound that bad to me.

BAC
12-10-08, 11:02
Even as a poor college kid I'd pay it without thinking. My dog is family, and part of my family got hurt when someone tried to get into my home. That's how I'd look at it.

-B

M4tographer
12-10-08, 11:31
Here's a link to another story...and there's a video link there as well.

http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=9494086

Looks like a pit. Funny how they're horrible, evil, bloodthirsty dogs in one breath...but then they're heroes for protecting their families.

Good dog. I approve. ;)

Mo_Zam_Beek
12-10-08, 11:40
I've never met a mean dog. I have met some dipshit owners. But 5 minutes with the dog and they are ALL sweethearts.

Good luck

noctis
12-10-08, 13:50
If that dog hadn't been there the story probably would've ended differently for that family.

Its a well spent $1500.

Immediate family unscathed, mans best friend still alive, no defense weapons confiscated for investigation.

Hersh
12-10-08, 17:31
What a great dog!!

Honu
12-10-08, 21:35
hope they catch the thief and shoot him in the head then twice more like the guy did to the dog :)

we used to have pet Rabbits :) they were like family any animal that is a pet can be family but dogs and smart animals have even more connection I dont think our rabbits would have protected us :)

boltcatch
12-11-08, 10:17
Good doggy. :D

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that that a criminal who would shoot someone's dog while trying to break in wouldn't hesitate to shoot the owner, either. A lot of people like dogs a lot more than they like people...