PDA

View Full Version : Are they "cases" or "casings"?

Ron3
07-27-21, 12:22
Referring to cartridges of course.

Averageman
07-27-21, 12:28
Referring to cartridges of course.

Crazy, I use cases for individual cartridges and casings for large groups of cases.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-27-21, 12:39
I thought casing was totally wrong, but upon further review, it works. Window casing are extruded and hold the window. Casings for sausage hold something. Shell’s hold material and are extruded. She’ll casing works.

utahjeepr
07-27-21, 12:59
Ammunition casings are brass (alum., steel,...). Ammunition cases are cardboard (wood, plastic,...)

That said, y'all can't hold me to proper useage of the terminology. :p

SteyrAUG
07-27-21, 18:27
Both, singular and plural.

I have this brass case. I have those brass casings.

At lease for me anyway. We get spun up over too much shit. So long as they call magazines magazines and not clips and exercise the four rules of gun safety I try not to get too involved in word games.

utahjeepr
07-27-21, 20:27
Both, singular and plural.

I have this brass case. I have those brass casings.

At lease for me anyway. We get spun up over too much shit. So long as they call magazines magazines and not clips and exercise the four rules of gun safety I try not to get too involved in word games.

But like, how you gonna flex on some rando in the gun store if ya don't correct his vocabulary brah. ;)

Red*Lion
07-27-21, 20:55
Cartridge case and casings.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-27-21, 23:01
Put the casings in the clip...

Ron3
07-28-21, 08:38
I see.

I dont get it when people dont like using the word "run" about a gun.

What's wrong with "running" a gun?

I run BFG tires. I run the clothes washer. I run through a box of crappy pens. I run batteries down. I run old Beretta's.

Why are people so down on "run"?

Disciple
07-28-21, 11:09

I did not know they were, but I have never been trendy.

ViniVidivici
07-28-21, 11:14
It's "caps" biatch, as in bustin'.

Ron3
07-28-21, 12:40
It's "caps" biatch, as in bustin'.

Aw, man, they dont say "peelin' caps" anymore?

SteyrAUG
07-28-21, 17:57
I see.

I run BFG tires. I run the clothes washer. I run through a box of crappy pens. I run batteries down. I run old Beretta's.

Just more words that dims can drama over.

SteyrAUG
07-28-21, 17:58
Aw, man, they dont say "peelin' caps" anymore?

Bustin caps means firing.

Peeling a cap means scalping heads via firearms. Peel their cap back.

JDH1
07-29-21, 10:12
I see.

Makes my knees hurt.

Oh, you mean operate. I operate my gun. If I pull the trigger really fast it makes me a high speed operator.

motor51
07-29-21, 10:29
Bustin caps means firing.

Peeling a cap means scalping heads via firearms. Peel their cap back.

I was being interviewed in regards to an OIS with another officer. The other officer told them he “popped a cap” at the bad guy. I about fell out of my chair and the review board was not amused by his terminology. He was an older Vietnam vet and really wasn’t one for political correctness lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ron3
07-29-21, 11:14
I was being interviewed in regards to an OIS with another officer. The other officer told them he “popped a cap” at the bad guy. I about fell out of my chair and the review board was not amused by his terminology. He was an older Vietnam vet and really wasn’t one for political correctness lol

I hope he wrote that on the use of force / firearms discharge report, too. 😁

motor51
07-29-21, 11:41
I hope he wrote that on the use of force / firearms discharge report, too. [emoji16]

I can’t remember but it would not surprise me one bit [emoji23]

SteyrAUG
07-29-21, 18:03
I hope he wrote that on the use of force / firearms discharge report, too. ��

So at this time, out of concern for my fellow officers, I felt it was necessary to break a bitch and proceeded to go Boom Shaka Laka on a on a couple weak 9s trying to take me and my homies off the set yo.

Ron3
07-31-21, 14:20
So at this time, out of concern for my fellow officers, I felt it was necessary to break a bitch and proceeded to go Boom Shaka Laka on a on a couple weak 9s trying to take me and my homies off the set yo.

😂 perfect!