PDA

View Full Version : ZZ TOP'S DUSTY HILL..DEAD AT 72.

Straight Shooter
07-28-21, 14:46
Not heard a cause yet.

rero360
07-28-21, 14:52
Damn, and Slipknot’s drummer Joey Jordison just passed away like a day or two ago as well.

Tony617
07-28-21, 15:20
The first song I heard from ZZ Top years ago now.

https://youtu.be/Vppbdf-qtGU

utahjeepr
07-28-21, 15:25
Catch you at the Rally Point sir. Rock on!

Disciple
07-28-21, 15:45
The first song I heard from ZZ Top years ago now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDylz37bnY

Averageman
07-28-21, 16:07
Here we go;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B3Q9t8pgEA

Alex V
07-28-21, 16:28
Damn. That's really sad.

SteyrAUG
07-28-21, 17:54
Anyone who puts Penthouse models in their rock videos is an auto god.

Legs, was amazing. Yes ZZ Top, teach the female youth of the 80s how to dress it up properly.

titsonritz
07-28-21, 18:16
One more piece of my childhood dead and gone. Had some good times with their music blaring. R.I.P.

1_click_off
07-28-21, 18:26
Rocked until the end for sure. I saw them in a show 3-5years ago. Black Berry Smoke opened for them, they came out and once they started playing they didn’t stop. Just rolled from song to song. I don’t recall them even doing an intermission. Motley Crue was playing the following night and Nikki Sixx was about 20’ away from me for the show. It was a good time.

chadbag
07-28-21, 19:17
Dang, really sad to hear. 72 is not that old. My family and I saw them at Red Butte Garden in SLC Utah a few years ago. (they are/were scheduled to come back in August of this year but I don't have tickets to that one).

He was one of the greats on bass, in his genre of blues/rock, and will be sorely missed. RIP Dusty.

yoni
07-29-21, 07:58
Damn, I don't feel old, I ruck a 40 pound pack 5 days a week.

But too many people who made music I love are dropping. They tend to have 10 to 15 years on me , but Damn.

ThirdWatcher
07-30-21, 06:09
Anyone who puts Penthouse models in their rock videos is an auto god.

Legs, was amazing. Yes ZZ Top, teach the female youth of the 80s how to dress it up properly.

Once again you nailed it (and yes, I have the DVD). R.I.P.

matemike
07-30-21, 07:43
ZZ Top was at the top of my music selection throughout middle school and high school.
La Grange is one of my all time favorite tunes.
I don't know how many times I saw all three guys in person (at a distance) in the Summit for Houston Rockets games when I was growing up.

I'll add and say that any group of three guys who can sing about a pearl necklace and get it on the radio are legends.

RIP Dusty

ThirdWatcher
07-31-21, 02:11
...I'll add and say that any group of three guys who can sing about a pearl necklace and get it on the radio are legends.

+1. or a Sleeping Bag, T. V. Dinners, or Cheap Sunglasses et. al...

titsonritz
07-31-21, 02:31
+1. or a Sleeping Bag, T. V. Dinners, or Cheap Sunglasses et. al...

I think you should google "pearl necklace meaning"

Core781
07-31-21, 04:03
Met Hill and Gibbons when I was a kid. Sad news. Damn good music. Most music these days is a reflection to the meekness of our society. I always enjoy their music: hopefully it makes a pop resurgence with the younger generation and ushers a bit more passion back into the fray. The new music is staid and lethargic..weak. Blues is a flamboyant token to the roots of humanity: love, life, and sorrow. Rock gives it life and inspires action! The new era of music is too medicated and oppressed by and large. This is a troubling sign of the times: youth unwilling to question authority and fight for rights lost, and speak up against corporate censorship! We taught our children to behave so well, it has become the chains of the status quo to bind them, which ultimately threatens to steal their humanity not just their voice.

ThirdWatcher
08-01-21, 02:55
I think you should google "pearl necklace meaning"

I’ve led a sheltered life...

Lowdown3
08-01-21, 06:46
Caught them in concert at the Venetian in Vegas a couple years ago. A lot of energy still for some really old dudes!

Averageman
08-01-21, 06:52
It would appear Dusty wanted the Band to continue, they played last night, the Guitar Tech is playing Bass.

AndyLate
08-01-21, 07:31
ZZ Top was at the top of my music selection throughout middle school and high school.
La Grange is one of my all time favorite tunes.
I don't know how many times I saw all three guys in person (at a distance) in the Summit for Houston Rockets games when I was growing up.

I'll add and say that any group of three guys who can sing about a pearl necklace and get it on the radio are legends.

RIP Dusty

I can't pick a favorite between La Grange and Jesus Just Left Chicago.

https://youtu.be/vMjqgIZ1_YM

Same song live in 1980

https://youtu.be/pN69GC2amTg

Andy

AndyLate
08-01-21, 07:33
Pow Pow double tap

Andy

Straight Shooter
08-02-21, 10:03
I dont know WHAT it is...but something about TV DINNERS I just love. The video was & still is...trippy! SO many others though...the instrumental on the end of Pearl Necklace I really like too.

SteyrAUG
08-02-21, 13:07
Eliminator was one of the few cassette tapes I had back in the day that I completely wore out along with Prince 1999 and Run DMCs debut album.