PDA

View Full Version : Forced to sit through Youtube ads?

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-30-21, 20:08
I don't know why, but it seems that Youtube is making me sit through 2-8 minute long commercials with out the ability to "SKIP'? I don't have or sign into google accounts, so maybe they are punishing me. Has anyone else seen this?

I like Colin Noir, but I had to write this while some video about solar roofs wouldn't go away.

Is this a change that others are seeing? Is YT changing its model. Heck, these 'commercials' are worse than watching broadcast TV.

VLODPG
07-30-21, 20:19
Open the page and change the URL link once it starts from youtube to hooktube. No more commercials.

bp7178
07-30-21, 20:20
If you are using Chrome download AdBlock if using a PC.

I've noticed it when watching YouTube from my living room TV which is a Roku/TCL but since I'm signed in the ads are slightly more relevant.

Straight Shooter
07-31-21, 03:53
Downlod the Youtube Enhancer. No ads, period.

Adrenaline_6
07-31-21, 09:25
If you are using AndroidTV for YouTube. there is Smart Tube and SmartTubeNext. Zero ads.

You have to download it using a different app then play store like Downloader or the Troypoint app downloader, but it's easy.

The_War_Wagon
07-31-21, 13:14
GHOSTERY (https://www.ghostery.com/)is your friend. I've NEVER seen a Youtube ad.

Jellybean
07-31-21, 23:10
Yeah, what they said. You need an adblocker. This is what happened to me too years back before getting an adblocker. SO many ads, it really was getting worse than watching TV.
ALL because they want to force people to sign up for a YT subscription plan. The ads were NEVER a problem before they came up with that "service to solve a problem that didn't exist"...

aFella
08-01-21, 02:47
If you are using Chrome download AdBlock if using a PC.

I've noticed it when watching YouTube from my living room TV which is a Roku/TCL but since I'm signed in the ads are slightly more relevant.

If you're using Chrome, stop. Download Brave. It has adblock built in, is built around privacy, has a built in Tor mode, isn't Google, and you get BAT coins for ads that you don't even see (or at least I have yet to notice one). Those get paid out monthly and I've just been transferring to another wallet to swap into BTC or ETH.

tommyrott
08-01-21, 18:04
I've been using Adblocker browser with good success