PDA

View Full Version : Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas Block

Sooter76
08-03-21, 10:40
Has anyone had any hands on experience with these? What are your thoughts? How do they compare to other adjustable gas blocks?

agr1279
08-03-21, 14:49
I have one on a 300 BO and a 308. The difference is the ability to bleed gas out of the system instead of keeping it within the system. Just a different way to skin a cat.

Dan

feraldog
08-04-21, 10:08
they're all i use now. the bled-off works dandy.

you might find these vids useful:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0y02vdDzRUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwHA9pvkgYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sD_8RN7q4k

Joe Mamma
08-04-21, 12:53
One theoretical issue that I have never seen mentioned is that with the "bleed off" type system, more wear on the part that restricts the gas would eventually lead to more bleed off, resulting in lower pressure, then possibly leading to short stroking malfunctions.

However, with the "keep it in" type system, more wear on the part that restricts gas would eventually lead to more bleed off, BUT, it would be kept in the system, so it would result in higher pressure, then possibly an over gassed situation. Although not ideal, I think this would be one long term consideration and benefit over the "bleed off" system.

I don't know if anyone has any thoughts or experiences with this.

Joe Mamma

feraldog
08-04-21, 13:06
i imagine that any such wear can be easily corrected with re-adjustment. issue being having it fail at the wrong time.

Bluto
08-05-21, 18:13
I have one on a 5.56 and another on 300bo and really like them. Maybe 1200 rounds through the 5.56 and zero issues or noticeable wear. Granted, that’s not a lot of rounds but I don’t think I ever cleaned the rifle.

mcnabb100
08-09-21, 08:57
I've got one on an aero ar10 upper. It was pretty much necessary to get it to run suppressed. It's been fine so far, though I don't have a ton of rounds through it yet.

georgeib
08-09-21, 11:13
I've got one on an aero ar10 upper. It was pretty much necessary to get it to run suppressed. It's been fine so far, though I don't have a ton of rounds through it yet.

Are you using the restricted gas flow settings, or the venting ones?

mcnabb100
08-09-21, 12:00
Are you using the restricted gas flow settings, or the venting ones?

It's one of the superlative venting ones.

georgeib
08-09-21, 12:03
It's one of the superlative venting ones.Right. I was just wondering if you vent or restrict on your AR 10. I've read a few times that when you use that gas block on an AR 10, that it can vent enough gas to truly tame it. Whereas on an AR 15, that's not an issue. Would like to know if your experience is similar.

mcnabb100
08-09-21, 19:53
Right. I was just wondering if you vent or restrict on your AR 10. I've read a few times that when you use that gas block on an AR 10, that it can vent enough gas to truly tame it. Whereas on an AR 15, that's not an issue. Would like to know if your experience is similar.

Ahh, gotcha. Yes I'm venting it. It certainly helps. Without it suppressed was basically malfunction drill mode.

georgeib
08-09-21, 19:58
Ahh, gotcha. Yes I'm venting it. It certainly helps. Without it suppressed was basically malfunction drill mode.Ah, okay. I'd be curious to see if it feels better if you restrict it. You might be surprised how much softer it shoots, while still functioning reliably.

I've been using an SLR gas block and it's super noticeable how much softer it shoots when I've got it only 1 click over being able to lock back on an empty mag.

eodinert
08-18-21, 13:28
The 'bleed off' system is snake oil. It feels good because it is an adjustable gas block. All the rifle cares about is the gas that operates the rifle. Gas that goes out the side of the gas block is irrelevant.

J97531
08-31-21, 22:08
Mine came with garbage hardware. A handful of Others have reported the same. I would recommend replacing the hardware with something of known quality before torquing torquing to spec.