PDA

View Full Version : JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass

WillBrink
08-06-21, 14:52
A new documentary coming out on the topic, a topic am always fascinated about, and personally, happy some just will not let it go. That magic bullet, that has no deformations at all, after making that many holes and shattering bones, seems an impossibility to me. sure, it's a heavy FMJ bullet, but come on...So many things that don't line up, so many improbabilities, so many coincidences, it's one of the few conspiracy theories I agree with in that the version we were given, can't be accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsrwbkN9HK4

chuckman
08-06-21, 17:40
Likewise, I've always been fascinated by his presidency, and his assassination.

Several years ago I went with a physician I know to a lecture given by one of the doctors that attended to him in the Parkland emergency room. That doc and the doc I went with were friends, after he gave his lecture, the doc I know, Tony Smith, and I met with the guy for drinks. His stories were fascinating.

flenna
08-06-21, 17:58
I have read several books on it and the theories of who was behind the assassination range from the CIA to the Mafia to the DoD to Castro. Some sound plausible, with the DoD and Mafia connection both being at the top in my opinion. I still think the Cigarette Smoking Man was the trigger puller of course :D.

TexHill
08-06-21, 18:03
https://i.imgur.com/pSToXmu.jpg
After reading this I have no doubt that Oswald acted alone and that there wasn't a magic bullet.

BoringGuy45
08-06-21, 18:11
A new documentary coming out on the topic, a topic am always fascinated about, and personally, happy some just will not let it go. That magic bullet, that has no deformations at all, after making that many holes and shattering bones, seems an impossibility to me. sure, it's a heavy FMJ bullet, but come on...So many things that don't line up, so many improbabilities, so many coincidences, it's one of the few conspiracy theories I agree with in that the version we were given, can't be accurate.

Agreed. For me, it's JFK, Epstein, and the Vegas shooting that I believe are either inaccurate or (more likely) a cover up.

DG23
08-06-21, 18:50
Building 7 burning for a while and then free falling to the ground after getting hit by... Not a damn thing.

ABNAK
08-06-21, 19:33
I too have always been interested in the JFK assassination. Many years ago I thought it was definitely a conspiracy of sorts; my grandfather swore it was the CIA getting even for Kennedy pulling the plug on U.S. air support for the Bay of Pigs invasion, therefore dooming it to failure. Nowadays I tend to think that it was indeed Oswald acting alone. Stranger shit has happened, but who knows? I always though there would be a "death-bed" confession by someone, but almost all of those guys of the appropriate age in 1963 are or have been relegated to the graveyard.

Grand58742
08-06-21, 20:15
I too have always been interested in the JFK assassination. Many years ago I thought it was definitely a conspiracy of sorts; my grandfather swore it was the CIA getting even for Kennedy pulling the plug on U.S. support for the Bay of Pigs invasion, therefore dooming it to failure. Nowadays I tend to think that it was indeed Oswald acting alone. Stranger shit has happened, but who knows? I always though there would be a "death-bed" confession by someone, but almost all of those guys of the appropriate age in 1963 are or have been relegated to the graveyard.

After walking the actual area in Dealey Plaza, the shots made are well within the realm of even an average rifleman. Now, I do think the head shot was lucky regardless of the direction it came from. Yeah, they might have a hard time replicating it even in controlled conditions, but sometimes people just get lucky you know?

But...

There really is a lot of missing info, questionable investigations and circumstantial evidence as well as linked people to Oswald suddenly dying that makes one raise their eyebrows.

lowprone
08-06-21, 20:56
America keeps getting sold a bucket full of shit, over and over again, the smell so bad it makes us gag .
Amazingly we just keep coming back for more !
Oswald did it, The N. Vietnamese attacked us, the Arabs brought down the towers, Sadam had nukes, it was a free and fair election, LOL !
No wonder the whole world hates us !

rero360
08-06-21, 22:22
America keeps getting sold a bucket full of shit, over and over again, the smell so bad it makes us gag .
Oswald did it, The N. Vietnamese attacked us, the Arabs brought down the towers, Sadam had nukes, it was a free and fair election, LOL !

While Sadam didn’t have nukes, he certainly had a stockpile of sorts of chemical weapons, I mean hell, we sold him that crap to use against the Iranians, unfortunately he also used them against the Kurds. If memory serves me correctly, just before we invaded in 2003 there were giant ass convoys going into Syria that they believe was his mobile chemical weapons labs. I do vividly remember in 2007 having to lug my pro mask home with me when I went on my two weeks of leave because a week or two prior an IED utilizing a mustard gas Artie shell went off on route Irish and some guys in a Blackhawk got a whiff of the gas and had to be treated at BIOP.

Now don’t get me wrong, it was absolutely BS that we went into Iraq in the first place, Sadam was a piece of trash but he was a stabilizing presence in the region.

ABNAK
08-06-21, 22:34

Waving a generally dismissive hand at the subjects you mention is convenient as well as socially accepted. However, the North Vietnamese DID attack on the first incident; it's the second one that is in question to this day. Saddam may not have had nukes but he DID have shit he wasn't supposed to have. The election? Fraudulent as hell.

Oh, I really don't give two shits what the world thinks of us. I have my opinions of them too (although I did like the president of Hungary that Tucker interviewed last night).

Screwball
08-06-21, 23:39
I got an interesting Carcano a few years back on a trade…

https://i.imgur.com/BegbC73.jpg

Shy of a slight change in the profile of the eyepiece, it is pretty damn close to the setup that Oswald had. Considering the range, under 100 yards, and the slow speed of the vehicle, it really gave me a better understanding of what could have happened. I’ve handed the rifle to a few friends over the years, and while I’m not saying I’m swaying the opinion of the masses… it does allow people to view it in a different manner.

This view was the biggest eye opener for me…

https://i.imgur.com/VEQq2kx.jpg

Scope being defective or not, iron sights are pretty easy to make a hit on at that range.

C-grunt
08-06-21, 23:59
I remember about 8 or 10 years ago I went to Dealey Plaza. They have the window framed and the spots on along the road mapped. It wasnt a hard shot.

SteyrAUG
08-07-21, 00:05
I got an interesting Carcano a few years back on a trade…

https://i.imgur.com/BegbC73.jpg

Shy of a slight change in the profile of the eyepiece, it is pretty damn close to the setup that Oswald had. Considering the range, under 100 yards, and the slow speed of the vehicle, it really gave me a better understanding of what could have happened. I’ve handed the rifle to a few friends over the years, and while I’m not saying I’m swaying the opinion of the masses… it does allow people to view it in a different manner.

This view was the biggest eye opener for me…

https://i.imgur.com/VEQq2kx.jpg

Scope being defective or not, iron sights are pretty easy to make a hit on at that range.

I would only add that given the opportunity to read after action reports and investigations of shootings for a span of 10 years I have seen evidence of rounds doing things that make the "magic bullet" seem downright ordinary.

So I'm inclined to go with Oswald as a single shooter. Obviously his "I'm just a patsy" comment combined with his subsequent murder by Jack Ruby opened the door to all kinds of shit. But if you watch ALL the relevant footage Oswald was saying absolute nonsense through the entire event. His claims that "I don't even know what I've been charged with" and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Combine with the fact that he went to live in Russia and was "very, very involved" in the Hands off Cuba movement and you have definite motive. Oswald was a committed communist and seemed to be a failure at life and wanted to blame America and specifically Kennedy and American policies.

But people would rather look at the "interesting idea" than the boring "what probably actually happened."

This is why so many want to believe UFO's built the pyramids, the mafia or the CIA or both killed Kennedy, we never went to the moon, 9-11 was an inside job and all the other painfully stupid shit stupid people want to believe...because isn't that interesting to think about.

Personally I think the dinosaur never really went extinct and Kennedy was murdered by an evolved velociraptor that had developed Predator style camouflage that murdered everyone in the car with a stabbing device that just so happened to be 6.5mm in diameter and corresponded with the few shots Oswald happened to fire.

So why would a prehistoric predator that had achieved sentience murder Kennedy, well obviously because it was a anti semetic velociraptor that was angry over Kennedy's policies regarding the state of Israel. There is literally tons of evidence to support this view and it's all being suppressed by the US government which is very much afraid of the sentient velociraptor community and the harm they could do if they launched an all out war on our country.

I mean isn't it all obvious?

Grand58742
08-07-21, 01:26
Personally I think the dinosaur never really went extinct and Kennedy was murdered by an evolved velociraptor that had developed Predator style camouflage that murdered everyone in the car with a stabbing device that just so happened to be 6.5mm in diameter and corresponded with the few shots Oswald happened to fire.

So why would a prehistoric predator that had achieved sentience murder Kennedy, well obviously because it was a anti semetic velociraptor that was angry over Kennedy's policies regarding the state of Israel. There is literally tons of evidence to support this view and it's all being suppressed by the US government which is very much afraid of the sentient velociraptor community and the harm they could do if they launched an all out war on our country.

I mean isn't it all obvious?

About as plausible as the theory that Oswald was addicted to refined sugar and that's why he killed JFK.

gaijin
08-07-21, 05:42
Watching Jacque crawling on the trunk of limo to retrieve a chunk of her husbands skull blows the “lone gunman” theory for me.
That shot came from the front of the limo.

Business_Casual
08-07-21, 06:41
Building 7 burning for a while and then free falling to the ground after getting hit by... Not a damn thing.

It is interesting how fragile, in comparison, that building was.

https://youtu.be/fLkc8ZcswF8

https://youtu.be/IReIUJd5B_o

Inkslinger
08-07-21, 07:55
https://i.imgur.com/pSToXmu.jpg
After reading this I have no doubt that Oswald acted alone and that there wasn't a magic bullet.

I haven’t read that book, but I did read Tom O’Neils book “Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties”. After that you would question anything Bugliosi has to say.

Arik
08-07-21, 08:00
I too have always been interested in the JFK assassination. Many years ago I thought it was definitely a conspiracy of sorts; my grandfather swore it was the CIA getting even for Kennedy pulling the plug on U.S. air support for the Bay of Pigs invasion, therefore dooming it to failure. Nowadays I tend to think that it was indeed Oswald acting alone. Stranger shit has happened, but who knows? I always though there would be a "death-bed" confession by someone, but almost all of those guys of the appropriate age in 1963 are or have been relegated to the graveyard.There was also a plan to fly remote controlled airplanes into tall buildings/skyscrapers in Miami and blame Castro. That would give US the ability to enter Cuba with force!!! Kennedy nix'd that idea.

Sounds familiar?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Arik
08-07-21, 08:06
. His claims that "I don't even know what I've been charged with" and all kinds of crazy stuff.

I think that was more of an "it wasn't me" defense that everyone says when caught. I believe, and I could be wrong, at that time they had him on killing the cop but not on JFK. But I'm going of memory on stuff I read years ago

And what was with Ruby? It's one thing when you got the killer but when that killer is in turn killed by some low level monster thug....

ABNAK
08-07-21, 08:15
Watching Jacque crawling on the trunk of limo to retrieve a chunk of her husbands skull blows the “lone gunman” theory for me.

If you watch the Zapruder film closely, the right side of his head basically flaps open and a spray of blood, bone, and gray matter gets thrown up into the air at a slightly forward angle. The vehicle was moving in that forward direction so as that gory stuff settled back down it was onto the rear of the car. The fact that his head snapped "back and to the left" was undoubtedly an uncontrolled jerk/spasm; his brain had just been destroyed.

I find it ironic that in today's "anything goes" media, that they now blur out or completely cut off the Zapruder film at that moment, like it's not fit for public consumption. Hell, I was born a little less than 2 years after he was shot and my whole childhood/adolescence/young adulthood that clip was shown unabashedly......but you couldn't curse on TV.

ABNAK
08-07-21, 08:16
I think that was more of an "it wasn't me" defense that everyone says when caught. I believe, and I could be wrong, at that time they had him on killing the cop but not on JFK. But I'm going of memory on stuff I read years ago

And what was with Ruby? It's one thing when you got the killer but when that killer is in turn killed by some low level monster thug....

Who had Secret Service agents partying at one of his nightclubs the night before the assassination.

Inkslinger
08-07-21, 08:33
Who had Secret Service agents partying at one of his nightclubs the night before the assassination.

And was visited by Jolly West while he was in custody after shooting Oswald…

ABNAK
08-07-21, 08:45
And was visited by Jolly West while he was in custody after shooting Oswald…

Know what else I find odd, especially given that it occurred in Texas? Ruby was sentenced to death for shooting Oswald. You think a little revenge or payback minded Texans (especially in 1963) might have cut him a little slack on his sentence.

DG23
08-07-21, 08:49

Russian downing of Malaysian airliner, The killing of Osama Bin Laden, Assad's use of chemical weapons, Russian poisoning of the Skripals (and then later Navalny), Russian 'invasion' of Ukraine, Russiagate, Impeachgate, The Jan 6 'insurrection', and on and on and on...

Regardless of any facts at the time or facts that come out later you must believe the 'official narrative' or you are a crackpot conspiracy theorist.

We all made fun of Baghdad Bob (Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf) as he stood there in front of the cameras claiming that American soldiers were committing suicide "by the hundreds" outside the city, and denied that there were any American tanks in Baghdad, when in fact they were only several hundred meters away from the press conference where he was speaking and the combat sounds of nearing American troops could already be heard in the background of the broadcast.

We do the same dumb shit as Baghdad Bob with regularity. It is called propaganda and while America may not have 'invented' it - We sure as hell perfected the art. Baghdad Bob was not smart enough to mute the sounds in the background but we are...

DG23
08-07-21, 09:05

You have obviously had a little too much to think and we will need you to immediately report to the nearest re-education camp (public school) so we can set you straight.

TexHill
08-07-21, 09:27
I haven’t read that book, but I did read Tom O’Neils book “Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties”. After that you would question anything Bugliosi has to say.

O'Neill's book is a book of ifs, buts, and maybes, but absolutely no proof. He abused Bugliosi's good will, and tellingly waited until after Bugliosi's death to publish his book.

Arik
08-07-21, 09:49
Russian downing of Malaysian airliner, The killing of Osama Bin Laden, Assad's use of chemical weapons, Russian poisoning of the Skripals (and then later Navalny), Russian 'invasion' of Ukraine, Russiagate, Impeachgate, The Jan 6 'insurrection', and on and on and on...

Regardless of any facts at the time or facts that come out later you must believe the 'official narrative' or you are a crackpot conspiracy theorist.

We all made fun of Baghdad Bob (Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf) as he stood there in front of the cameras claiming that American soldiers were committing suicide "by the hundreds" outside the city, and denied that there were any American tanks in Baghdad, when in fact they were only several hundred meters away from the press conference where he was speaking and the combat sounds of nearing American troops could already be heard in the background of the broadcast.

We do the same dumb shit as Baghdad Bob with regularity. It is called propaganda and while America may not have 'invented' it - We sure as hell perfected the art. Baghdad Bob was not smart enough to mute the sounds in the background but we are...

LoL I remember watching Baghdad Bob and seeing American tanks not far in the background just rolling by.....

Inkslinger
08-07-21, 12:22
O'Neill's book is a book of ifs, buts, and maybes, but absolutely no proof. He abused Bugliosi's good will, and tellingly waited until after Bugliosi's death to publish his book.

Maybe, maybe not. I don’t think the Bugliosi portions of the book comprised enough of the content to warrant waiting until he was dead.

TexHill
08-07-21, 12:49
Maybe, maybe not. I don’t think the Bugliosi portions of the book comprised enough of the content to warrant waiting until he was dead.
There was obviously enough in O'Neill's book for you to question Bugliosi's integrity - which was O'Neill's play all along - and therefore ample motivation for O'Niell to delay publication until after Bugliosi was dead and unable to defend himself.

Pacific5th
08-07-21, 14:30
LoL I remember watching Baghdad Bob and seeing American tanks not far in the background just rolling by.....

He was fun to listen to while on the ground during the invasion. Somewhere I have DVD about him that’s pretty good.

Inkslinger
08-07-21, 14:30
There was obviously enough in O'Neill's book for you to question Bugliosi's integrity - which was O'Neill's play all along - and therefore ample motivation for O'Niell to delay publication until after Bugliosi was dead and unable to defend himself.

Did you read the book? Or is this a situation where, “ the book I read is legit and the author is of impeccable character, and the author of the book you read that questions my authors character is trash”?

TexHill
08-07-21, 16:18
Did you read the book? Or is this a situation where, “ the book I read is legit and the author is of impeccable character, and the author of the book you read that questions my authors character is trash”?

Yes I did, and I found it to be nothing but nothing but conjecture and conspiracy theories.

Inkslinger
08-07-21, 16:24
Yes I did, and I found it to be nothing but nothing but conjecture and conspiracy theories.

Well, I guess I’ll have to read Bugliosi’s book on JFK so I have all the facts.

TexHill
08-07-21, 17:14
https://youtu.be/vj6LtCEeSro

SteyrAUG
08-07-21, 18:15

Sure it was. That was my point. He was saying anything.

As for Ruby, we'll never know.

Business_Casual
08-07-21, 18:30

I believe that was the SNL skit. The real one was in front of a static background.