PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat TTU problem. Fires on slow reset

SHERWINVILLARETE
08-08-21, 18:40
Hi, I've had my WC single stage 4lbs for almost a year, about 800 rounds put through it. Did not get any issue. Cleaned the unit today and did a function test. The trigger will fire on a slow reset. I did not modify or do anything to the trigger unit besides cleaning it. It will slam fully forward or catch the half cock notch. Its a cassette type trigger so forsure it cant be the lower. I tried it on another lower and same thing happens.

Video with an upper on
https://youtube.com/shorts/nF1IXsYiwHg?feature=share

Video without the upper
https://youtube.com/shorts/hNnjSHcBJLI?feature=share

If you think Im bump firing it, well if I was, its still unsafe. Releasing slowly on reset should always catch the trigger sear. I dont find this on a mil spec trigger.

I do have another WC ttu in 2 stage 3gun model, it works fine and flawless during a function test, even if I tried really hard to duplicate it, the 2 stage works just fine. The primary sear always catches after the disconnecter releases.

Now my question is this a timing issue related to the geometry of a lightweight single stage trigger? Is this why Geissele triggers are almost all 2 stage? I remember hearing somewhere, if somebody was to make a lightweight single stage, there will be some sacrifices in safety and reliablity.

I already contacted WC but today is Sunday. Im hoping to return this 1 stage trigger and trade for a 2 stage. Kinda dissapointed because I loved the single stage

lonestardiver
08-08-21, 19:50
Sounds like the disconnector might need a little work as I have seen that with other triggers.

bp7178
08-08-21, 23:05
I was just going to say disconnector. I have the WC MIL single stage trigger and haven't had an issue, but it has a slightly heavier pull.

I HATE two stage triggers. Before you bail on the WC single stage, take the MIL version for a ride.

SHERWINVILLARETE
08-08-21, 23:09
I was just going to say disconnector. I have the WC MIL single stage trigger and haven't had an issue, but it has a slightly heavier pull.

I HATE two stage triggers. Before you bail on the WC single stage, take the MIL version for a ride.

I think the only single stage i trust at the moment is a milspec trigger. Lol

I think the MIL/LE version have the same geometry as the 4lbs version. Im not sure though.

feraldog
08-09-21, 08:11
for many years i've owned at least a half dozen TTU, never a problem.

reach out to bill wilson...

bp7178
08-10-21, 00:28
I think the only single stage i trust at the moment is a milspec trigger. Lol

No comparison to a TTU MIL.

titsonritz
08-10-21, 01:50
for many years i've owned at least a half dozen TTU, never a problem.

reach out to bill wilson...

Speaking of which, have you done that per site rules?

08-10-21, 03:35
When I needed a new spring for my TTU, WC was very quick to say “send it here, no RMA required”. I don’t think they ever charged me for return shipping or for the spring. I need to call again and make sure that wasn’t a mistake. Turnaround was lightning fast.

I’d definitely suggest calling them.

SHERWINVILLARETE
08-10-21, 08:48
When I needed a new spring for my TTU, WC was very quick to say “send it here, no RMA required”. I don’t think they ever charged me for return shipping or for the spring. I need to call again and make sure that wasn’t a mistake. Turnaround was lightning fast.

I’d definitely suggest calling them.

Why did you need a new spring? I thought these were suppose to last a life time. I only shot 800 rounds thru mine and I believe it needs a new spring already.

Im returning it today and they said theyll be happy to exchange it for a 2stage 3gun. Which I already have in another lower. A better design IMO, the primary sear will always catch after the disconnector releases. As the spring gets weaker overtime, itll still be good to go.

08-10-21, 09:27
Why did you need a new spring? I thought these were suppose to last a life time. I only shot 800 rounds thru mine and I believe it needs a new spring already.

Definitely more than 800 rounds. Like, a lot more. And what I would consider abuse, though unintentional.

feraldog
08-16-21, 11:50
Speaking of which, have you done that per site rules?

sorry, not sure what you're asking. did i do or say something wrong?

mpom
08-16-21, 13:28

Suspect Tits was referring to the OP...

Mark

Disciple
08-16-21, 13:31

https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.

feraldog
08-16-21, 13:34
Suspect Tits was referring to the OP...

Mark

yes, thanks Mark, that does seem to be the case (particularly since i was saying how well the TTU work for me)

feraldog
08-16-21, 13:34
dupe....