PDA

View Full Version : Removing bolts on a LaRue mount?

Damascus
12-10-08, 19:01
Hello everyone. I've got a LaRue Tactical 4XDOS QD ACOG mount that I intend on using, and the finish on it isn't perfect, so I am preparing it for painting. I remembered reading somewhere (I think the paperwork that came with my LT bipod adapter) that I should not remove the bolts that adjust how tight the levers are... I would very much prefer to remove the bolts and levers so I could put a different shade of black on them, and try to keep the unit looking as professional as I can - will I damage or ruin my mount by removing these? Thanx in advance for all input!
-D

DrMark
12-10-08, 20:46
Hmmm... I don't know.

512-259-1585

LettersFromEarth
12-11-08, 12:49
Chicks dig scars, man. Id say leave it alone (or contact the jackhole that sold you that POS and tell him your gonna send it back! :) ).

Damascus
12-11-08, 13:32
Oh yeah, that jackhole really burned me didn't he ;) :p LOL
Oh, as far as how it looks, it looks just fine, but I'm getting ready to camo my rifle with a base coat of OD green, and some brown, black, and foliage green designs... If I do this, my black mount will stick out, and I want to go ahead and paint my mount too - but I wanted to take off the levers and bolts and paint them matte black, and the rest of the unit camo... might creating a storm in a teacup here, just like to keep everything to do with my rifle "perfect"..
@DrMark, I'll give that number a call this evening, not near an authorized phone ATM.

Dave_M
12-14-08, 01:22
the finish on it isn't perfect

.... and?

You DO plan on using your rifle, correct? And not just taking pretty pictures of it to post on the internet.... :D