PDA

View Full Version : Germany's new camo pattern

Slater
08-15-21, 18:58
Looks like these folks are wearing the new pattern. Appears to be kind of a Flektarn derivative with some lighter colored spots.

Interesting that they're using EOTechs. With Germany being a world leader in optics, I would have thought that they'd have a home-grown counterpart.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/08/15/potd-heckler-koch-g95k/

SteyrAUG
08-15-21, 19:22
If Zeiss, Hensoldt and Swaro aren't building a better RDS then smart people go with EO's.

Also RDS aren't traditional ground lenses so they really aren't optics in the accepted sense of the word. Same thing for night vision / thermals.

And how many nomenclatures are we going to declare for the 416 at this point? Between the US Marines M27s and Germany's G95k this shit is more confusing than that MPi nonsense the East German's used for the AK series.

I guess I'm definitely old school, that German flektarn was pretty awesome.

BoringGuy45
08-15-21, 19:22
Probably a multicam Flektarn, since pretty much every country is doing a multi-environment pattern these days.

The_War_Wagon
08-15-21, 20:14
I guess I'm definitely old school, that German flektarn was pretty awesome.

I was about to say - "Flektarn LIVES!!!"

Averageman
08-15-21, 23:40
Germans have just Mastered Camouflage.

ViniVidivici
08-16-21, 00:53
Flecktarn was one of the original "multi-scale" patterns.

titsonritz
08-16-21, 01:05
Germans were way ahead of camo tech back in the day, Flecktarn for the win.

Adrenaline_6
08-16-21, 07:38
Daddy like.

Whalstib
08-16-21, 09:43
Which reminds me to ask....

WHY does the Navy have blue camos? I mean if they fall off the boat.....they'll be harder to find.... What can you hide from anyways....you're on a giant boat! They see you!

VIP3R 237
08-16-21, 10:11
Multitarndruck Is the official name of the new flecktarn. It also has reduced IR and NV signature in comparison to multicam.

https://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/14/its-multitarndruck-for-the-bundeswehr/

BoringGuy45
08-16-21, 12:14

WHY does the Navy have blue camos? I mean if they fall off the boat.....they'll be harder to find.... What can you hide from anyways....you're on a giant boat! They see you!

I think they switched over to the formerly SEAL/SWCC exclusive Aor2 III woodland camo.

SteyrAUG
08-16-21, 14:47

Which is why they were traditionally white. Now I can understand camo, for the Navy guys who go swimming on purpose. But you'd think they'd just have camo for when they need camo and some rescue color when working topside.

KUSA
08-16-21, 15:18

Can you imagine the psychological damage wearing them old dungarees does to your mind? They were ugly and blue. The blue camo looks cooler.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210816/7e41a181a63d974cd7609efe308f3a7e.jpg

Vandal
08-16-21, 15:58
I fully expected to see a return to feldgrau.

Caduceus
08-16-21, 20:50

It's changed as of a few years ago. Now it's a bright green digital pattern.

The theory on the blue camo was that it hides oil and paint stains better than the blue overalls that were worn on ships.

And the urban legend that it turned bright orange when it got wet :D

pag23
08-17-21, 03:38
I fully expected to see a return to feldgrau.

Oak leaf pattern blended better..