PDA

View Full Version : Spartan Tactical Patrol Rifle (March 09)

CAPT KIRK
12-10-08, 20:09
Planning to go to Jim Smith's class when he is in San Diego in March of 09'. Has anyone else here been to one of his classes?

I recon if he was good enough to be Delta Force and single handedly fight of the "skinnies" when his helicopter went down (Black Hawk Down) until help could get there, then I could definitely learn a few things from him.

http://www.spartantactical.com/calendar.html

CAPT KIRK
01-05-09, 17:53
Hmmm... No replies...... They say no news is good news.....

If I can get to his class, I'll try to resart this and bring pictures too.

Matt Edwards
02-10-09, 04:17
Jim is a good dude and a great instructor. He brings a lot of insight and experaice to the table. You'll get your money's worth.

CAPT KIRK
02-10-09, 12:07
Jim is a good dude and a great instructor. He brings a lot of insight and experaice to the table. You'll get your money's worth.

I am so counting down the weeks till this class. Planning to take lots of notes, and my son will be along to take pictures (and load mags), as I plan to add a good write up to this posting.

frbowers
03-10-09, 02:27
So how was this course? I'm signed up for Jim's Patrol Rifle mid-May 2009 patrol rifle class being held in Ravensdale, Wa.

CAPT KIRK
03-10-09, 12:27
So how was this course? I'm signed up for Jim's Patrol Rifle mid-May 2009 patrol rifle class being held in Ravensdale, Wa.

Dont know yet as my class is March 31st thru April 2nd at PALA in San Diego county. I plan on taking good notes and pic's for an AAR when I get back.

frbowers
03-10-09, 15:53
Dont know yet as my class is March 31st thru April 2nd at PALA in San Diego county. I plan on taking good notes and pic's for an AAR when I get back.

Looking forward to that AAR. Enjoy the class.

mac37
03-17-09, 19:10
Jim and his staff put on an excellent class. You will learn much.

USMC03
03-17-09, 20:57
KIRK,

Looking forward to the AAR and pics! ;)

S/F,
Jeff

esskay
03-18-09, 16:50
Unfortunately, Jim had to postpone this class until the summer. :(

CAPT KIRK
03-23-09, 11:48
Unfortunately, Jim had to postpone this class until the summer. :(

Yeah, I know, but I am still in...... "Good things come to those that wait".

Jim was very appologetic and had some good reasons, including range issues and some class drop outs. He assured me via e-mail that the class will happen in June with whoever shows. I am hoping that some of my partners that were'nt able to make it for the March dates will be able to make June.

esskay
03-24-09, 14:32
Yeah, I know, but I am still in...... "Good things come to those that wait".

Jim was very appologetic and had some good reasons, including range issues and some class drop outs. He assured me via e-mail that the class will happen in June with whoever shows. I am hoping that some of my partners that were'nt able to make it for the March dates will be able to make June.

I was really bummed, the timing next week would have been absolutely perfect for me... family away, work clear... :( Hopefully will be able to make it in the summer.

CAPT KIRK
03-24-09, 21:42
ESSKAY,

Hope you can make it..... I'm hoping there will be enough of us in the class to make it well worth Jims time, yet not so many that it bogs down the training progress.

Jim told me this class will be on more of an "intermediate" level, so those that come should have some degree of proficiancy in the handling of their weapons. He did say that if there were enough of us that were opperating at a higher level he might try to amp it up for us.

Here, Ill just copy my e-mail to him with Jims replies.

Dear Jim,

I appreciate your timely return e-mail. While disapointed, I guess I must take solice in the addage "good things come to those that wait".

For the time being I will say you can still count me in. I must wait until my work schedule change in mid April to confirm that I will be able to make the schedule change. I will send you another e-mail at that time.

I had a couple of partners who felt they just could not afford the class at the time and maybe the change of dates to June will make it possible.

A couple of questions tho....
1. Will this class be more along the "basic" or "advanced" line? The Intermediate CRS is fairly advanced
2. Will we be incorporating or have opportunity (after hours) to get in some night shooting? Normally we do not conduct a night shoot during the Intermediate Course, If you want to conduct some I will offer it. On the second night we will do about two hours if the range will allow it, in summer it gets dark later and I can't remember what the curfew on the range is.
3. Will we be doing any team movement work? Depends on the level of the class, normally we get to that.

Looking forward to the prospect of June...

Thanx Again,
Rob Kirk