PDA

View Full Version : Jeez, I'd rather have COVID...

chuckman
08-19-21, 18:13
Local news, 80-something people contracted legionnaires disease at a local basketball camp.

That's a whole lot of macrolides and fluoroquinolone coming their way....

grnamin
08-19-21, 18:21
Any idea how they all got infected? Drank tap water?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

titsonritz
08-19-21, 18:23
Were they all CV-19 vaxxed?

Inkslinger
08-19-21, 18:28
Any idea how they all got infected? Drank tap water?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Probably from an air conditioning unit at there facility. Some people contacted it that way from the university my wife works for.

Averageman
08-19-21, 18:44
Don't people understand that you need a bit of PMCS with an A/C unit?

chuckman
08-19-21, 18:45
Probably from an air conditioning unit at there facility. Some people contacted it that way from the university my wife works for.

It was a college basketball camp, so I would not be surprised if that is the reason.

JoshNC
08-19-21, 22:53
Legionnaires disease spreads through droplets and HVAC is a common means of spread. In fact it was coined this because at the 1976 American Legion convention in Philly, some 600 “Legionaires” came down with an odd pneumonia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Philadelphia_Legionnaires%27_disease_outbreak

WillBrink
08-20-21, 00:00
There's a long list of diseases worse than covid one can get. It's amazing the human race exists at all really.

JoshNC
08-21-21, 09:02
There's a long list of diseases worse than covid one can get. It's amazing the human race exists at all really.

Truth. The scientific community is missing the X-factor with COVID that explains why the course of disease is so different in different people.

rero360
08-21-21, 11:01
Truth. The scientific community is missing the X-factor with COVID that explains why the course of disease is so different in different people.

My hunch, and I know it’s really out there, bear with me on this one, but I think the fact that Covid was modified in a lab might have something to do with it.

WillBrink
08-21-21, 11:47

Some of that is being narrowed down, those you'd expect to get sick still do, but there does seem to be more than we would expect who don't check off the boxes of being at high risk, who get seriously ill and or die from covid. I tend to think they're looking in the wrong places, like looking at the oil levels on a car engine when the low tire pressure warning went off, but that's a lengthy topic.

I have now personally known some healthy active people who where young/young-ish, who seriously ill from delta, some even having had covid prior, also another topic.

WillBrink
08-21-21, 11:48
My hunch, and I know it’s really out there, bear with me on this one, but I think the fact that Covid was modified in a lab might have something to do with it.

Trying not to view it that way without solid evidence, but starting to view it that way...

chuckman
08-21-21, 12:06
COVID aside, think huntavirus, plague, marburg virus, ebola, swine flu... There are tons of diseases out there that could seriously incapacitate humanity.

Inkslinger
08-21-21, 12:59
COVID aside, think huntavirus, plague, marburg virus, ebola, swine flu... There are tons of diseases out there that could seriously incapacitate humanity.

Speaking of Marburg, they just had a case show up.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-08-guinea-contact-cases-marburg-virus.html

P2Vaircrewman
08-21-21, 13:45

I have said that since last year when I started seeing married couples where one gets deathly sick or dies and the other has mild to no symptoms.

REDinFL
08-21-21, 13:59
I have said that since last year when I started seeing married couples where one gets deathly sick or dies and the other has mild to no symptoms.

Has one considered to possibility of a genetic targeting component? Not fully perfected, so not clear cut, but possibly something in one's ancestral background makes one more or less susceptible.

P2Vaircrewman
08-21-21, 14:27
Has one considered to possibility of a genetic targeting component? Not fully perfected, so not clear cut, but possibly something in one's ancestral background makes one more or less susceptible.

Early last year literally a whole family died from it. Genetic link? I don’t know but I am suspicious.

JoshNC
08-23-21, 20:05

Yes.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1684118220301092