PDA

View Full Version : Waht are pre 94 AR USGI mags worth now days?

TED
08-20-21, 05:23
I found one box with 58 of them. These are used mil surp mags from various makers and in various condition. Most are really nice, some are finish worn, scratched, or have bent or dinged floor plates. All have the original pre 94 black followers.

I found another box of 41 that actually have external dates on them. These are also nicer on average than the other ones.

TED

Renegade04
08-20-21, 07:01
I found one box with 58 of them. These are used mil surp mags from various makers and in various condition. Most are really nice, some are finish worn, scratched, or have bent or dinged floor plates. All have the original pre 94 black followers.

I found another box of 41 that actually have external dates on them. These are also nicer on average than the other ones.

TED

In my opinion, most likely between $10-$15 for the ones in good condition (not bent or dented). Finish is not really a concern with most. Personally, the more worn, the better I like them.

Curlew
08-20-21, 08:52
I can’t really answer your question as to price, but I will point out that the folks who really want those mags are in Massachusetts. The state mag law exempted pre-bans. Pretty sure that’s still the case.

GH41
08-20-21, 09:56
I can’t really answer your question as to price, but I will point out that the folks who really want those mags are in Massachusetts. The state mag law exempted pre-bans. Pretty sure that’s still the case.

I think the way the MA law reads is.. They can be legally possessed if you had them before the ban date in 94. Not so sure you can buy or sell them after that date. Maybe someone from MA will chime in.

TED
08-20-21, 17:24
I think the way the MA law reads is.. They can be legally possessed if you had them before the ban date in 94. Not so sure you can buy or sell them after that date. Maybe someone from MA will chime in.

CLARIFICATION: These mags ARE legal to sell in or import into Massachusetts. My question about their value is in the context of Massachusetts since I do not live there and am unfamiliar with the current market.

My apologies, I assumed the context was obvious based on the pre 1994 part.

TED

opngrnd
08-20-21, 17:47
To be honest, if I had 100 of them, I'd sell them for whatever gets me 100 Pmags. Maybe I'm weird.

GH41
08-20-21, 20:01
CLARIFICATION: These mags ARE legal to sell in or import into Massachusetts. My question about their value is in the context of Massachusetts since I do not live there and am unfamiliar with the current market.

My apologies, I assumed the context was obvious based on the pre 1994 part.

TED

Nope!! Knock it off. VOODOCHILD

TED
08-21-21, 10:08
Nope!! Knock it off. VOODOCHILD

I don't know what you are talking about and it seems like you don't either.

Anyways, go bother someone else with your noise.

TED

Voodoochild
08-21-21, 11:53
You referring to me TED?

Stickman
08-21-21, 14:02
Have IQs dropped sharply around here lately? Why are people getting stupid in the tech forums.

Posters here are better than this, and if they aren't, they should be. Please try to remember that each forum has its own vibe and flavor. This forum runs more to the dry and technical side, other forums are substantially less technical and contain much more fluff.

GH41
08-21-21, 14:53
In post #7 I was quoted in red "Nope!! Knock it off. VOODOCHILD". I did not make that post. How does this happen?

utahjeepr
08-21-21, 17:49
In post #7 I was quoted in red "Nope!! Knock it off. VOODOCHILD". I did not make that post. How does this happen?

Whatever you wrote got cleansed by a mod, in this case he signed his work. Thought that was pretty clear.

Voodoochild
08-21-21, 21:27
Whatever you wrote got cleansed by a mod, in this case he signed his work. Thought that was pretty clear.

BINGO

ddbtoth
08-23-21, 12:13
Don't know if it helps but I had some pre-ban Glock 20 mags I sold cheap to a guy there for $50 a piece- think I bought them for 75-100 back in the day.

TMS951
08-24-21, 07:07
The Massachusetts law is that you can possess, but and sell pre an mags in state.

The mags were meant to be in state prior to 94. This is hard to prove and often at gun shows mags were brought in from other states. Once you owned it it really didn’t matter.

Massachusetts is going to be the best place for them. Getting them there will however be only semi legal. If you’re willing to ship them, I’m sure someone is willing to buy them.

CPM
08-24-21, 22:55
Just make sure you obey the government and comply with their laws that unequivocally violate the 2nd amendment.

Armadillo
08-26-21, 02:38
The Massachusetts law is that you can possess, but and sell pre an mags in state.

The mags were meant to be in state prior to 94. This is hard to prove and often at gun shows mags were brought in from other states. Once you owned it it really didn’t matter.

Massachusetts is going to be the best place for them. Getting them there will however be only semi legal. If you’re willing to ship them, I’m sure someone is willing to buy them.

That is inaccurate.

They don't have to be in state before 94.

They just have to be legally possessed.

Pre ban mags come to Massachusetts every day.

The AG office never cared and never said otherwise. Nor should they as there is no law against that anyway.

Massachusetts is like the drain in your tub. All pre ban mags eventually get here as they (the mags) are of no value in any other state.