PDA

View Full Version : Upper with forward-biased forward assist, like BMC Mk2?

KirkS
08-20-21, 10:09
As a lefty, I really like the BCM Mk2 upper with its forward-biased forward assist. I am starting to gather parts for a new build and am having no luck finding that upper anywhere. Are there any other uppers that have a similar layout?

call_me_ski
08-20-21, 11:01
Noveske makes some with a forward assist moves closer to the ejection port a bit.

Defaultmp3
08-20-21, 11:48
Isn't the Vltor MUR the first one to do that on a mass scale?

Alternatively, one could run without an FA, lots of arguments for why the FA just isn't really needed anymore.

KirkS
09-21-21, 13:57

Found a MUR-1A in the EE. Thanks!

The Noveske looks good too, but couldn’t figure out any way to justify the price difference over the VLTOR, or a BCM mk2 + patience.

JediGuy
09-21-21, 18:47
If you bought that one for $150, you got yourself an outstanding deal in these trying times.

Stickman
09-21-21, 18:56

Alternatively, one could run without an FA, lots of arguments for why the FA just isn't really needed anymore.

Perhaps, but I'll point out that when you are getting ready to form a stack, or have been banging through the brush and rough land, a press check followed by two slaps on the FA is pretty reassuring. Maybe its just me...

opngrnd
09-21-21, 19:15
If you bought that one for $150, you got yourself an outstanding deal in these trying times.

I'm jealous! I went to make an offer and that bad boy is gone!