PDA

View Full Version : Biden potentially bans russian ammo import..

VIP3R 237
08-20-21, 16:42
Just when I think Biden can’t get any worse this happens… new sanctions under the CBW act.

https://www.tacticalshit.com/breaking-news-biden-state-department-bans-import-of-russian-ammo-and-firearms/

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0328

https://www.state.gov/u-s-imposes-additional-costs-on-russia-for-aleksey-navalny-poisoning/

Mercs
08-20-21, 16:49
This doesn’t seem accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opngrnd
08-20-21, 17:31
https://youtu.be/wLKA31kFtTI

eightmillimeter
08-20-21, 18:37
Outrageous if true, and I don’t even use the crap

Mercs
08-20-21, 18:39
Nooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
08-20-21, 18:45
7.62x39 WAS cheaper than 5.56, I guess that will be over.

WickedWillis
08-20-21, 18:59
I wanted to have a nice 7.62 AK in the safe before Joe got elected, and I failed at that. Now I've failed even more.

vicious_cb
08-20-21, 19:14
Hope it isnt as bad as the 5.45mm 7n6 ban the effectively killed the caliber in the US.

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-20-21, 19:37
Hope it isnt as bad as the 5.45mm 7n6 ban the effectively killed the caliber in the US.

I doubt it will be quite that bad. But $1000 Was and $12 a box 7.62x39 is going to push the AK further into niche territory.

Grand58742
08-20-21, 19:38
Can't ban the firearms, ban what feeds it...

lowprone
08-20-21, 20:10
Yep, just when you thought it could not get worse for shooters

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/08/20/russian-ammo-ban/

ViperTwoSix
08-20-21, 21:16
Making gun ownership difficult every chance they get. I wonder if this applies to all the AK ammo the US military buys from Russia too, or just civilians.

Gunfighter.45
08-20-21, 21:25
I for one blame Chris Rock- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZrFVtmRXrw

Straight Shooter
08-20-21, 22:07
Ive wondered what took so long.

SteyrAUG
08-20-21, 22:55
Sounds like Winchester is going to own the market for that caliber.

223to45
08-20-21, 23:52
Hope it isnt as bad as the 5.45mm 7n6 ban the effectively killed the caliber in the US.Worse, no Russian 5.45x39 will be coming in. Red Army, Tula, Wolf, Silver Bear, and no 7n6.

I guess I am going need more brass now.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Arik
08-21-21, 00:06
Worse, no Russian 5.45x39 will be coming in. Red Army, Tula, Wolf, Silver Bear, and no 7n6.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using TapatalkRed Army is just a name. They was buying from all over the place. I think the box I have is from Romania.

Wolf is basically the same thing. It's just a name and is part of something Sports International out of Cali. They just buy from factories and box it under their own name. That's why Wolf Gold 556 is from Taiwan and most other Wolf Gold calibers was reboxed PPU

Hopefully some former Combloc country can stand up to fill the market. There used to be that Hungarian MFS company. I'm sure there's someone who previously couldn't compete with the Russians now has a window

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
08-21-21, 00:42
Red Army is just a name. They was buying from all over the place. I think the box I have is from Romania.

Wolf is basically the same thing. It's just a name and is part of something Sports International out of Cali. They just buy from factories and box it under their own name. That's why Wolf Gold 556 is from Taiwan and most other Wolf Gold calibers was reboxed PPU

Hopefully some former Combloc country can stand up to fill the market. There used to be that Hungarian MFS company. I'm sure there's someone who previously couldn't compete with the Russians now has a window

Isn't Hornady actually making 5.45x39 also?

Arik
08-21-21, 00:49
Isn't Hornady actually making 5.45x39 also?They did. I don't know if they still do. Wasn't cheap though. I think it was like 50 cent/round.

SteyrAUG
08-21-21, 01:11
They did. I don't know if they still do. Wasn't cheap though. I think it was like 50 cent/round.

So 5.45x39 becomes about like 5.56. The days of super cheap "still made on state owned equipment" rifles and ammo really came to an end over a decade ago. AK rifles now cost as much as ARs and I'd rather have affordable 7.62x51 than 7.62x39 if given the choice. I miss shooting my .308s.

Grand58742
08-21-21, 01:33

And how long before the State/Treasury Department decides Hungarian ammo can't be imported because of their resistance to the LGBTLMNOP nonsense the EU is shoving up their backsides?

Or any number of reasons from another country. All they need is one excuse and that import gets banned as well.

If you think for one second this is about "standing in solidarity" with the UK, you're wrong.

titsonritz
08-21-21, 03:27
Thread already going...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?231585-Biden-potential-bans-russian-ammo-import

TRD
08-21-21, 07:33
Thread already going...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?231585-Biden-potential-bans-russian-ammo-import

Link posted is the same thread

The_War_Wagon
08-21-21, 07:59
Yeah, but all I need is a burka, and SlowJoe will GIVE me my own attack helicopter! ;)

https://i.ibb.co/z44sWDP/Slow-Joe-Apache.jpg

Arik
08-21-21, 08:11
And how long before the State/Treasury Department decides Hungarian ammo can't be imported because of their resistance to the LGBTLMNOP nonsense the EU is shoving up their backsides?

Or any number of reasons from another country. All they need is one excuse and that import gets banned as well.

If you think for one second this is about "standing in solidarity" with the UK, you're wrong.

I'm not sure what the UK solidarity is so I can't comment on that.

On everything else you can use the same logic! How long till ammo manufacturers are allowed to be sued in the US?

Miami_JBT
08-21-21, 08:17
Curious about American Manufacturers. In the past, they've always been secretly supportive of import bans because it isnless foreign competition.

Grand58742
08-21-21, 08:23
I'm not sure what the UK solidarity is so I can't comment on that.

Basically, this stems from the killing of the Russian critic on British soil.

Allegedly...

TBAR_94
08-21-21, 08:25
This is a tough one because I got in to AKs because of cheap ammo imports that seemed survivable. That said, Russia does a lot of stuff that is directly contrary to what we do—I’ve dealt with them on multiple deployments and I don’t really like supporting their defense or arms industry. So I really don’t know what the right answer is.

utahjeepr
08-21-21, 09:18
Yep gotta ban that ammo to really sock it to the rednecks in America, er I mean the oligarchs in Russia.

Meanwhile Joe loves that natural gas pipeline, and imports of caviar, high end Russian vodkas, furs, jewels, crabs, and other "necessities" of his swanky rich friends continues completely untouched by this "crackdown".

Alex V
08-21-21, 12:08
I contacted my cousin about importing ammo from Ukraine.

Who knows.

Disciple
08-21-21, 12:34
So much for ever finding cheap 6.5 Grendel again. :mad:

VIP3R 237
08-21-21, 13:32
Exactly. This will effectively kill the 5.45 unless it can be sourced otherwise.

Worse, no Russian 5.45x39 will be coming in. Red Army, Tula, Wolf, Silver Bear, and no 7n6.

HKGuns
08-21-21, 13:52
These aren't Russian sanctions, this is gun control being thinly veiled as sanctions against Russia. We again have a government that is working against its own people on numerous different fronts. Call it what it is..........War.

REDinFL
08-21-21, 14:00
These aren't Russian sanctions, this is gun control being thinly veiled as sanctions against Russia. We again have a government that is working against its own people on numerous different fronts. Call it what it is..........War.

Probably more to that than the "punish the Russians" nonsense.

Circle_10
08-21-21, 16:06

“War” implies there is a back-and-forth dynamic with both sides incurring casualties/damage. We’re just getting massacred.

ViperTwoSix
08-21-21, 16:36
Yep gotta ban that ammo to really sock it to the rednecks in America, er I mean the oligarchs in Russia.

Meanwhile Joe loves that natural gas pipeline, and imports of caviar, high end Russian vodkas, furs, jewels, crabs, and other "necessities" of his swanky rich friends continues completely untouched by this "crackdown".

Yep. That was what my first thought was.

According to this website, “arms and ammunition” is #12 on the list of top Russian imports in 2020.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/imports/russia

Aries144
08-21-21, 17:08
“War” implies there is a back-and-forth dynamic with both sides incurring casualties/damage. We’re just getting massacred.

This.

You want this to stop, you have to prevent importation of replacement labor because that removes the only bargaining chip conservatives have.

"You manipulate and abuse us, we stop making your food." "OK, we'll replace you." Except they've anticipated this and it's all preemptive. Put away all the dangerous objects well in advance before you abuse the person.

This isn't just about ammo. Traditional Americans, and people with European genetics in particular, are currently viewed by the Western elites as being too high maintenance and too resistant to direction via propaganda without enough benefit to their purposes to be worth maintaining. We are inconvenient and so we are being targeted for long term replacement and political irrelevance, if not outright extinction.

America is dead. It died as soon as an Anti American neo marxist zealot like Obama could be elected. We had a 4 year reprieve with Trump that infuriated the elites who feel entitled to run things. You want America back, it's going to take an all hands ideological, physical, political, fight, with nothing off the table. If you think anything different, you're deluded or stupid.

Buncheong
08-21-21, 19:28
This.

You want this to stop, you have to prevent importation of replacement labor because that removes the only bargaining chip conservatives have.

"You manipulate and abuse us, we stop making your food." "OK, we'll replace you." Except they've anticipated this and it's all preemptive. Put away all the dangerous objects well in advance before you abuse the person.

This isn't just about ammo. Traditional Americans, and people with European genetics in particular, are currently viewed by the Western elites as being too high maintenance and too resistant to direction via propaganda without enough benefit to their purposes to be worth maintaining. We are inconvenient and so we are being targeted for long term replacement and political irrelevance, if not outright extinction.

America is dead. It died as soon as an Anti American neo marxist zealot like Obama could be elected. We had a 4 year reprieve with Trump that infuriated the elites who feel entitled to run things. You want America back, it's going to take an all hands ideological, physical, political, fight, with nothing off the table. If you think anything different, you're deluded or stupid.

+ 1000

Absolute truth.

SteyrAUG
08-22-21, 00:48
Yep. That was what my first thought was.

According to this website, “arms and ammunition” is #12 on the list of top Russian imports in 2020.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/imports/russia

Yep, if they really wanted Russia to feel it, Vodka.

Honu
08-22-21, 03:56
This.

YUP and so many here have showed they are OK with the “NEW” woke america as they fall in line !

recon
08-22-21, 09:59
The AK market just took a big hit!

ViniVidivici
08-22-21, 23:45
This.

Very well-said.

yoni
08-23-21, 06:04
How much more will the American people take?

hotrodder636
08-23-21, 06:49
That is what I am thinking.
Can't ban the firearms, ban what feeds it...

HKGuns
08-23-21, 06:49

I'm only a single person. But I'm 100% done with the bureaucratic state we've allowed to happen. Trouble is, far too many are too willing to sit back and continue to watch.

The tipping point for me was their vote by mail fraud they perpetuated in the last election. All bets are off when your vote no longer counts and when they are willing and able to commit such a blatant act of fraud on the people.

There will eventually be a larger tipping point that will force more into my current position.

Warp
08-23-21, 07:12

Tons.

Alex V
08-23-21, 07:12
I'm only a single person. But I'm 100% done with the bureaucratic state we've allowed to happen. Trouble is, far too many are too willing to sit back and continue to watch.

The tipping point for me was their vote by mail fraud they perpetuated in the last election. All bets are off when your vote no longer counts and when they are willing and able to commit such a blatant act of fraud on the people.

There will eventually be a larger tipping point that will force more into my current position.

I keep thinking that, but the more I see the less likely I feel it will ever happen.

If seeing a blatantly fraudulent elevation didn't tip those scales, nothing will.

PatrioticDisorder
08-23-21, 07:13

Is it not possible for Russian ammo to be moved to a 3rd country and be imported to the US from a 3rd country?

Warp
08-23-21, 07:15
Is it not possible for Russian ammo to be moved to a 3rd country and be imported to the US from a 3rd country?

I'm willing to bet the ones passing these restrictions thought of that possibility a few thousand years ago when the first such action was taken, and have forever since banned that as well. I'd also be willing to bet none of the importers want to risk their entire business on frauding the federal government on a large scale

Arik
08-23-21, 07:48
Is it not possible for Russian ammo to be moved to a 3rd country and be imported to the US from a 3rd country?I think the "ban" stated it had to be made in Russia.

Alex V
08-23-21, 09:03
I think the "ban" stated it had to be made in Russia.

Bingo. But you and I both know Russians have no moral problems with changing the print on the boxes from "Made in Russia" to "Made in Belarus"

If I was the CEO of Wolf, I would be doing just that, right now. Stage the warehouses in Minsk and keep on keeping on.

Circle_10
08-23-21, 09:09

I think we both know the answer.

And any time someone does step out and try to strike a blow against our bloated, corrupt shoggoth of a state, they get used for propaganda value by the apparatchik media and the “2A community” can’t seem to disavow them fast enough.
“Just Vote harder”
“Work to elect reps who will fight for your rights”
“It’s not time yet”
“Violence is counterproductive”
I completely get not wanting to be the first guy out on the dance floor if you know you’re going to die for nothing, help to further the State’s narrative, and your own people, instead of backing you, are going to go into damage control mode and condemn you in hopes that maybe, just maybe .gov won’t stick it all the way in just yet.

Arik
08-23-21, 09:16
Bingo. But you and I both know Russians have no moral problems with changing the print on the boxes from "Made in Russia" to "Made in Belarus"

If I was the CEO of Wolf, I would be doing just that, right now. Stage the warehouses in Minsk and keep on keeping on.Funny you say that. While typing that up I was literally thinking... what about Belarus? LoL. Does the US have sanctions on them? I think Romania could step in

Averageman
08-23-21, 09:22
And I was thinking
"The very people within your government that don't want you armed, just armed the Taliban." and boy howdy did they ever arm them.
I would guess they're now in the top twenty in strength now?
And you can't get cheap steel cased 7.62x39 at premium prices.

Ironical aint it?

08-23-21, 09:22

If I was the CEO of Wolf, I would be doing just that, right now. Stage the warehouses in Minsk and keep on keeping on.

How much Wolf ammo is actually made in Russia? Americans tend to refer to all shitty foreign steel-case as “Russian”, but the stuff actually comes from a handful of countries. Wolf is just an importer, are they not?

Circle_10
08-23-21, 09:24
Funny you say that. While typing that up I was literally thinking... what about Belarus? LoL. Does the US have sanctions on them? I think Romania could step in

Romania is one of a dwindling number of countries still issuing 5.45 rifles so they might be a potential source for that caliber
Obviously 7.62x39 is manufactured by a number of countries so I do suspect imported 7.62 (and other calibers) will start coming in from another source in the long term. In the short term it’s going to be ugly though.
I’d like to think that Wolf had a contingency plan in place for this scenario, because while it is disappointing and infuriating it’s not exactly a surprise.

Arik
08-23-21, 09:24
How much Wolf ammo is actually made in Russia? Americans tend to refer to all shitty foreign steel-case as “Russian”, but the stuff actually comes from a handful of countries. Wolf is just an importer, are they not?Yep. Most of it is actually Tula but there's been others as well. Taiwan for the 223. What's left of Wolf Gold not in 223 is/was made by PPU.

Arik
08-23-21, 09:30
Romania is one of a dwindling number of countries still issuing 5.45 rifles so they might be a potential source for that caliber

I didn't even think about 5.45 specifically but that's a good point. I was thinking more on the lines of they have just the right amount of IDGAF to make passable ammo at a passable price point. Polaks are too German, Bulgarians I don't think GAF, Ukraine IF they don't have their own ammo problems. I can't see Hungry doing much so that leaves Romania and possibly Belarus.

Circle_10
08-23-21, 10:35
I didn't even think about 5.45 specifically but that's a good point. I was thinking more on the lines of they have just the right amount of IDGAF to make passable ammo at a passable price point. Polaks are too German, Bulgarians I don't think GAF, Ukraine IF they don't have their own ammo problems. I can't see Hungry doing much so that leaves Romania and possibly Belarus.

I’m curious if the Romanian military issued 5.45 loading is a 7n6 derivative or something that might actually in its current state be able to get around ATF’s restrictions on “armor piercing” ammunition.
Obviously after the 7n6 ban went into effect the only Russian 5.45 we were getting here was the stuff with jacketed lead projectiles.
I know the Bulgarian military 5.45 was a 7n6 variant but I’m not sure about the other Combloc countries.

Circle_10
08-23-21, 10:42
Actually, based on what I’m seeing online at least some of the Red Army Standard line of ammunition, including the 5.45x39 was made in Romania. So there is a precedent.

recon
08-23-21, 11:09
Red Army Standard Cartridges are made in various countries, including Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Poland. So maybe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Standard_Ammunition

Disciple
08-23-21, 12:06
Bill Alexander worked with Barnaul for years to optimize their steel case 6.5mm Grendel ammunition. That's not going to be replaced.

Mauser KAR98K
08-23-21, 12:08
Bill Alexander worked with Barnaul for years to optimize their steel case 6.5mm Grendel ammunition. That's not going to be replaced.

I was about to ask this.

I thought the Serbs primary weapon was 6.5 grendel.

And I just got into the caliber.

Alex V
08-23-21, 12:30
How much Wolf ammo is actually made in Russia? Americans tend to refer to all shitty foreign steel-case as “Russian”, but the stuff actually comes from a handful of countries. Wolf is just an importer, are they not?

From speaking with my cousin, initially his answer was that there is no ammunition manufacturing in Ukraine. I am waiting for him to confirm. If he gets back to me, I will update.

I really don't know if Wolf is just an exported or not or if they manufacture outside the US other than Wolf Gold. Wolf Gold is made in Taiwan. The regular stuff [Polyformance and Military Classic] is made it Tula. Tula being the city, not the other ammunition brand which takes it's name from the city where it's made.

Circle_10
08-23-21, 13:10
From speaking with my cousin, initially his answer was that there is no ammunition manufacturing in Ukraine. I am waiting for him to confirm. If he gets back to me, I will update.

I really don't know if Wolf is just an exported or not or if they manufacture outside the US other than Wolf Gold. Wolf Gold is made in Taiwan. The regular stuff [Polyformance and Military Classic] is made it Tula. Tula being the city, not the other ammunition brand which takes it's name from the city where it's made.

I’ve got relatively recently purchased (late 2020 or early 2021 I think) 7.62x39 that came in Wolf boxes but is headstamped Tulammo.

Disciple
08-23-21, 13:12
I thought the Serbs primary weapon was 6.5 grendel.

And I just got into the caliber.

Yes, there is still PPU (https://ppu-usa.com/ppu/6-5mm-grendel/) made in Serbia but it's never been $0.30/pc shipped like Wolf/Barnaul was. This kills casual close-range practice with the 6.5G unless you reload or are made of money.

yoni
08-23-21, 18:22
I just find it such a load of hypocrisy, Biden was VP when Obama ordered 2 Americans in Yemen to be killed in drone strikes. Thus depriving them of their day in court, I happen to know an American team spent time on the ground and could have grab the father and son IIRC and brought them back to the USA. Tried them for treason and given them the needle.

Shit I am now at the point where I think Putin is more a man of honor, that the Thief in Chief of the USA. Putin will kill you but his word is his word from what people have told me. Biden not so much.

I want cheap ammo back!

titsonritz
08-23-21, 18:31
I just find it such a load of hypocrisy, Biden was VP when Obama ordered 2 Americans in Yemen to be killed in drone strikes. Thus depriving them of their day in court, I happen to know an American team spent time on the ground and could have grab the father and son IIRC and brought them back to the USA. Tried them for treason and given them the needle.

Shit I am now at the point where I think Putin is more a man of honor, that the Thief in Chief of the USA. Putin will kill you but his word is his word from what people have told me. Biden not so much.

I want cheap ammo back!

I would say without doubt Putin is better for his country than Biden is for his.

ViniVidivici
08-24-21, 11:13
Putin is a FAR better man than the potato, any way you slice it.

Mauser KAR98K
08-24-21, 18:19
Yes, there is still PPU (https://ppu-usa.com/ppu/6-5mm-grendel/) made in Serbia but it's never been $0.30/pc shipped like Wolf/Barnaul was. This kills casual close-range practice with the 6.5G unless you reload or are made of money.

I would say I'm getting close to being made of money, but inflation is checking that.

recon
08-24-21, 22:22
Atlantic Firearms Posted this yesterday.

"They have NOT banned all Ammo and there is a ton of already approved form 6s out there so ammo will continue to flow into the US from Russia until those are exhausted . Similar to the Vepr ban we saw Veprs continue to flow into the US for 2 more years . During that time production will move to other non banned countrys . There is already ammo sitting in Poland , Romania , Serbia etc just waiting to hop a ship over to the US. This being said you can expect to see higher prices on ammo going forward . The SKY is not falling" .....

AtlanticFirearms.com

SteyrAUG
08-25-21, 00:45

"They have NOT banned all Ammo and there is a ton of already approved form 6s out there so ammo will continue to flow into the US from Russia until those are exhausted . Similar to the Vepr ban we saw Veprs continue to flow into the US for 2 more years . During that time production will move to other non banned countrys . There is already ammo sitting in Poland , Romania , Serbia etc just waiting to hop a ship over to the US. This being said you can expect to see higher prices on ammo going forward . The SKY is not falling" .....

AtlanticFirearms.com

Good to know.

SteyrAUG
08-25-21, 00:45

AtlanticFirearms.com

Good to know.

titsonritz
08-25-21, 01:43

AtlanticFirearms.com

Thanks for the good news, it seems to be in short supply these days.

Esq.
08-25-21, 04:46
Thread needs more Pollyanna, way too doom and gloom.....Oh wait, reality is what it is...Never mind.

recon
08-25-21, 12:16
Here is another post on the Russian ammo ban.

The September 7th date is the deadline for applications for any new import contracts. All existing contracts will still be honored. The duration of these types of contracts is 2 years.
In the meantime, US and non-Russian ammo manufacturers can modify /expand capacity as the import contracts expires. It’s worth noting that approvals last for two years, giving distributors some leeway in terms of supply.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/state-department-bans-russian-ammo/

Buncheong
08-25-21, 19:45
Just received the following e-mail from Sam @SG Ammo:

_______

“There has been a lot of people asking me about the sanctions on Russian ammo imports put in place by the US state department this past week and what it means for the future of ammunition supplies. There will be more clarity in several weeks when we can see the publication of a Federal Register notice expected on September 7, 2021. The state department announcement can be seen at this page - https://www.state.gov/fact-sheet-united-states-imposes-additional-costs-on-russia-for-the-poisoning-of-aleksey-navalny/

My Russian Ammo Sanction Opinion - First, I hope you don't 'shoot the messenger' and I'd like to pat everyone on the back and tell them things are going to be okay but that wouldn't be truthful. In my opinion the sanctions are a major game-changer in the ammunition supply chain that is already strained. For the time being and based on what we can see so far, we believe that this will be the effective end of Russian made ammo in the USA as it plays out over the next year or so as import permits expire or are filled to the quantity limits, and in doing so eliminate supply of a huge portion of the ammo in the US commercial market. From what I understand, the USA commercial market consumes around 800,000,000 rounds of ammunition from Russia every year, roughly 800 semi truck trailers worth in a mix of the most popular calibers. For the immediate short term we expect ammo to keep coming in from Russia but I expect the importers to raise prices substantially which is understandable to me given its the end of the lifespan for their business model. The calibers we believe will be most effected are soviet metric calibers like 7.62x39, 5.45x39, and 7.62x54R because there is almost zero available manufacturing capacity for these calibers outside of Russia and what little exists will not make a significant impact in filling the needs of the USA commercial market without Russian ammo absorbing the lion's share. In addition to these calibers, I estimate that the Russians supplied 30% to 40% of the 223 Rem / 5.56 and 9mm Luger consumed at the shooting ranges across this country, and large portions of the 45 auto, 9x18 Makarov, 30 carbine, 308 Winchester / 762x51, 380 Auto, 300 Blackout and 6.5 Grendel. I see this as a potentially devastating blow to the supply for of 223 Rem / 5.56 and 9mm Luger, where the reduction in supply from Russia will be difficult to make up in the short term for other manufacturers who have already been unable to keep up with demand this past year. Consumers who have used Russian ammo regularly will have to move on from Russian made ammo to those other products made elsewhere and in doing so absorb the supply and prolong recent shortages. Again this is my opinion, based on my knowledge of the industry after 20+ years experience, and how things play out over time could be different. For me, selling Russian made ammo is about 40% of my business, and while we plan to source as much supply as we can from other sources, we do expect this to have a major negative impact on supply for 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 5.45x39, 9mm Makarov, 9mm Luger, 223 Rem / 5.56 NATO, as well as the other mentioned calibers.”

morbidbattlecry
08-26-21, 21:29
I wish someone would make cheap American steal cased (besides freedom munitions).

ViniVidivici
08-26-21, 21:49
Well, maybe this stupidity will motivate someone to do just that.

SteyrAUG
08-26-21, 21:54
I wish someone would make cheap American steal cased (besides freedom munitions).

I just wish Winchester USA would get caught up. I'll pay for brass. Maybe Old Western Scroungers can add 7.62x39 to their line up.

utahjeepr
08-28-21, 09:33
The real pisser for me was that I had decided to pull the trigger on a couple cases of 154gr Tula cause I'm pretty low. Put it in the cart, but something came up and I didn't finish checking out. Biden fire sale turned it into vapor before I got back.

I got a good stock of standard, but of course NOW I really want that couple thou of heavies.

recon
09-01-21, 11:54
Another vid/info on the Russian ammo sanctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHrtZoSmKew&t=237s