PDA

View Full Version : PPU 5.56 62gr. FMJ BT

1986s4
08-23-21, 17:09
So I just bought some of this ammo, the price was OK so it's my once per month purchase. I've been looking for reviews of this vs. the usual 55gr. fodder I normally use. Is this good stuff? Should I expect some change in impact vs. a 55gr. bullet?

AndyLate
08-25-21, 09:46
So I just bought some of this ammo, the price was OK so it's my once per month purchase. I've been looking for reviews of this vs. the usual 55gr. fodder I normally use. Is this good stuff? Should I expect some change in impact vs. a 55gr. bullet?

Ball is ball, in my mind. It should shoot better than M855 run with bulk 55 gr ammo. This is based on my experience with Fiocci 62 gr fmj. Its not match ammo, obviously.

I do not remember ever having 55 gr and 62 gr ammo shoot to the same POI.

Andy

Zane1844
08-25-21, 10:34
Where’d you find that? My KAC shoots 62gr FMJs really well.

1986s4
08-25-21, 11:47
So I opened it up yesterday and they are painted/colored green on the tip. So I guess they are AP ? They are not listed as such and I have not had a chance to try them at any significant distance.

Zane1844
08-25-21, 13:18
So I opened it up yesterday and they are painted/colored green on the tip. So I guess they are AP ? They are not listed as such and I have not had a chance to try them at any significant distance.

Then they’re M855. Are they labeled as such?

ggammell
08-25-21, 16:05

Not AP. They are penetrator. Seems like semantics but it has legal meanings.

Ron3
08-28-21, 12:28

Cut one. If it's pretty hard to cut there's steel in there. If using a power tool you'll see sparks from the core. 🥽

Dont cut into the case or you might see lots of sparks. 🤡

Zane1844
08-28-21, 13:49
Cut one. If it's pretty hard to cut there's steel in there. If using a power tool you'll see sparks from the core. ��

Dont cut into the case or you might see lots of sparks. ��

Lol better than using a magnet.

Ron3
08-29-21, 13:43
Lol better than using a magnet.

Magnet?! Sure, if you believe in "magnetism", can even find one, and if you want to do it the easy way with zero risk of injury. 🙄

😄
Actually, one issue with a magnet is you can't be sure that if there is a steel, it's in the jacket or the core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFzR_FOTq2I