PDA

View Full Version : You're Welcome America- Texas Leads on Border Security and Fencing

Esq.
09-02-21, 08:02
https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-senate-passes-1-8-212300843.html

We're doing it and doing it better. Texas has identified 700 miles of ground where the private owners have requested fencing. No bullshit permitting, no land condemnations, no whining........Legislature approved the funding, the Texas National Guard will build the fences. We'll do it ourselves, just stay the hell out of the way.

gaijin
09-02-21, 08:07
Excellent example that others should follow.

Red*Lion
09-02-21, 08:46
Why has it taken so long? I figure that all border states, north and south are responsible for securing their land bordering Mexico and Canada. Yes, the feds should help fund.

Diamondback
09-02-21, 08:50
God Bless Texas.

Esq.
09-02-21, 08:57
Why has it taken so long? I figure that all border states, north and south are responsible for securing their land bordering Mexico and Canada. Yes, the feds should help fund.

Several reasons. Numerous other attempts have been made by states to bar entry of illegals or make them miserable here....Those were interim steps.... Most were shot down by the Supreme Court as invading the province of Federal Powers- the right to conduct diplomacy, violations of Illegals Constitutional protections etc....Many states have federal land on their border- Texas, thankfully, is about 98% by volume private property so here, it's possible, many places- like Arizona where you have the Indian Reservations on the border etc...ONLY the Feds can do anything- and only after fighting it out with the Indians.....

Quite honestly, I think many in Texas would not have an issue with creating a DMZ, but that' won't happen......

GH41
09-02-21, 09:32
"ONLY the Feds can do anything- and only after fighting it out with the Indians"

There's an easy fix for that.... Build the fence on the private land adjacent to the reservation.

Esq.
09-02-21, 09:54
"ONLY the Feds can do anything- and only after fighting it out with the Indians"

There's an easy fix for that.... Build the fence on the private land adjacent to the reservation.

Unfortunately, it would be pretty inefficient to do that. You'd essentially have to build a Box fence- three sided anyway vs. a simple, straight line. Where I'm aware of issues is on the Tohono O' Odham reservation in Arizona. They are constantly pissing and moaning about environmental issues, impacts to their "sacred places" (Seriously, you sonsabitches came from ASIA, the DNA proves it, I'm sorry science pisses all over your mythology but it is what it is) traditional lifestyle etc...

Red*Lion
09-02-21, 10:24
Several reasons. Numerous other attempts have been made by states to bar entry of illegals or make them miserable here....Those were interim steps.... Most were shot down by the Supreme Court as invading the province of Federal Powers- the right to conduct diplomacy, violations of Illegals Constitutional protections etc....Many states have federal land on their border- Texas, thankfully, is about 98% by volume private property so here, it's possible, many places- like Arizona where you have the Indian Reservations on the border etc...ONLY the Feds can do anything- and only after fighting it out with the Indians.....

Quite honestly, I think many in Texas would not have an issue with creating a DMZ, but that' won't happen......

Thanks for the info. More to it than I presumed.

Grand58742
09-02-21, 13:37
https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-senate-passes-1-8-212300843.html

We're doing it and doing it better. Texas has identified 700 miles of ground where the private owners have requested fencing. No bullshit permitting, no land condemnations, no whining........Legislature approved the funding, the Texas National Guard will build the fences. We'll do it ourselves, just stay the hell out of the way.

I'm pretty sure California would tear down theirs and send it to Texas...

Esq.
09-02-21, 14:20
I'm pretty sure California would tear down theirs and send it to Texas...

I'm hoping the Texas National Guard will get on DRMO and request a bunch of fencing materials etc.... from Uncle Sugar, Lol....Yea, like that's gonna happen.....