PDA

View Full Version : The Outlaw Josey Wales - Making Of

WillBrink
09-03-21, 14:57
The best "western" of all time. I put that in quotes as I always felt time period and locations and such, always felt it didn't really fit the western category. I lost count of how many times I have watched that movie a long time ago. The dialogue is just one classic after another.

Josie: "Whenever I get to liking someone they ain't around long."

Chief: "I noticed when you get to disliking someone they ain't around for long neither."

This is a great vid for fans of this classic Eastwood movie. Unforgiven is close second, but nothing beats this movie for me. It's one I can watch over and over and have for decades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyFRzXqON2Q

signal4l
09-03-21, 15:49
I agree completely. There's never been a better Western. This is some of Clint's finest work

WillBrink
09-03-21, 16:07
I agree completely. There's never been a better Western. This is some of Clint's finest work

That vid will have you appreciating it even more.

The_War_Wagon
09-03-21, 16:14
The best "western" of all time.
It's one I can watch over and over and have for decades:

I have that (Making of) on DVD with the movie, and have seen it many times, but I just watched this AGAIN because I agree with you.

That ending scene, chokes me up every time.

http://youtu.be/-21SKg2xAdI

Renegade
09-03-21, 16:27
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Buzzards have to eat, same as the worms.

One of my all-time favorite westerns.

moonshot
09-03-21, 16:32
Not only might it be the best western of all time (and with competition such as The Professionals, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Magnificent Seven and a few others, that's a tough genre to be the best of), but it's up there in the top 20 best movies of all time.

Love it when Fletcher said ... "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

WillBrink
09-03-21, 18:33
Not only might it be the best western of all time (and with competition such as The Professionals, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Magnificent Seven and a few others, that's a tough genre to be the best of), but it's up there in the top 20 best movies of all time.

Love it when Fletcher said ... "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

For me, absolutely.

flenna
09-03-21, 18:52
Definitely one of my favorite movies, I never get tired of watching it. The cinematography and script are sublime and it is one of those movies that I can pick up something new almost everytime I see it.

Pappabear
09-03-21, 19:00
I love all CE movies, especially his westerns. Watched them all many many times. A new good mini series on Netflix (not a CE classic) is "Godless". Really like that one.

PB

Pappabear
09-03-21, 19:03
I have that (Making of) on DVD with the movie, and have seen it many times, but I just watched this AGAIN because I agree with you.

That ending scene, chokes me up every time.

http://youtu.be/-21SKg2xAdI

Just awesome

PB

Bluto
09-04-21, 12:07
Showed this movie to my son 8 years ago when he was 8 along with the usual top westerns. Till this day it’s his favorite and it’s still amazing hearing him quote from it. Timeless movie.

joedirt199
09-05-21, 09:51
Grew up on that movie in the sticks with no cable, 3 over the air channels, and endless woods to explore. Don't forget "Silverado" another good western. Still love the line about buzzards and worms though when he spits the chew on the guy's head, he flinched. Got play dead better.

ThirdWatcher
09-06-21, 04:00
Showed this movie to my son 8 years ago when he was 8 along with the usual top westerns. Till this day it’s his favorite and it’s still amazing hearing him quote from it. Timeless movie.

Damn good movie. I really like “The Patriot” for kids, “Aim small, miss small”. Good lesson for the next generation.

glocktogo
09-07-21, 11:31

I wish I didn't quote that line as often as I do, which is more and more often these days. :(

VLODPG
09-07-21, 13:24
Classic!

sandsunsurf
09-07-21, 20:17
Thanks for the link! I loved seeing that. My favorites in order are Pale Rider, Unforgiven then The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Caduceus
09-07-21, 20:51
Saw it for the first time last month.

It's ok. Would watch again, but not my favorite in the genre. For me that would be the new True Grit... though if I could wrap Dances With Wolves in, that would win, hands down.