PDA

View Full Version : Beretta ships last military M9

Slater
09-09-21, 22:06
Hadn't realized that Beretta was finishing out the contract. You'd think that last gun would have some historical significance:

“Last week marked an end of an era for Beretta USA,” the company posted on Sept. 7. “The Beretta USA team in Gallatin, TN, packed and shipped the last Beretta M9 pistol for the U.S. Armed Forces contract."

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/content/beretta-ships-last-m9-to-u-s-military/

SteyrAUG
09-09-21, 22:59
Ironically the military finally got their Sig, but IMO it's the wrong Sig.

Slater
09-09-21, 23:05
From Beretta's Facebook page:

https://i.imgur.com/AmL8V5Zl.jpg

Straight Shooter
09-10-21, 05:29
I remember turning in our 1911's in at Lejuene in /about '85 or so for the last time.
Days later, those of us who rated pistols, were taken to the Base Gym...were cart loads of NIB Beretta's & accoutrements were issued.
It was my first encounter with the pistol..and Ive loved them ever since. AT THAT TIME, I was and had been for many years, a 1911 fan/lover also.
But man, were those old slabsides worn out.
Just a memory.

jesuvuah
09-10-21, 05:37
Ironically the military finally got their Sig, but IMO it's the wrong Sig.As the former owner of 320s, and current owner of both the m9 and p226s, I can't agree more.

Soli Deo Gloria

dwhitehorne
09-10-21, 05:39
I went through the PMI course in June of 88 before going to Okinawa. The two weeks of pistol was one on the 1911 and one on the Beretta. I remember having to aim at the 2x4 holding up the target to hit the bullseye with the 1911. Then I qualified with the Beretta and was extactic that it hit exactly where I aimed. I remember everyone loved the new 9mm when we got them in 2/8 Weapons Co. Everyone hated the worn out 1911's. David

opngrnd
09-10-21, 05:58
I have quite a few rounds through the M9 and it's equivalents. It took me all the way to a Distinguished Pistol Badge and more. It's not wonderful, but I'm used to it and it works with proper maintenance. Not sure if I'll miss it or not after getting the M17. It definitely shot well if you took care of it.

DG23
09-11-21, 07:58
Hadn't realized that Beretta was finishing out the contract. You'd think that last gun would have some historical significance:

“Last week marked an end of an era for Beretta USA,” the company posted on Sept. 7. “The Beretta USA team in Gallatin, TN, packed and shipped the last Beretta M9 pistol for the U.S. Armed Forces contract."

Glad that NONE of my Berettas came from the TN plant.

Slater
09-11-21, 09:35
Judging from this thread over on the Beretta forum, Gallatin still has a few issues to work out:

https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=150159

Oddly enough (and maybe, sadly), the Turkish "Regard" clones seem to be getting positive reviews for their fit, finish, and overall quality.

Ron3
09-12-21, 21:43
Glad that NONE of my Berettas came from the TN plant.
I've had two.

A Tomcat .32 that cracked the frame before the front crossmember of the slide broke off.

And the replacement Beretta sent me that had a couple dings w/finish damage that I sold without firing.

I have several beautifully made Beretta's made in Italy between 1955 and 2015.

AndyLate
09-12-21, 21:52
Judging from this thread over on the Beretta forum, Gallatin still has a few issues to work out:

https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=150159

Oddly enough (and maybe, sadly), the Turkish "Regard" clones seem to be getting positive reviews for their fit, finish, and overall quality.

My Regard is very well machined/finished. I still want a Beretta tho.

Andy

Ron3
09-12-21, 22:37
My Regard is very well machined/finished. I still want a Beretta tho.

Andy

If you like 92-style lines, don't like slide mounted safety/decockers and want a smaller, lighter gun you might actually want to carry I highly recommend a M81BB or FS or 84BB or FS.

AndyLate
09-13-21, 01:09
If you like 92-style lines, don't like slide mounted safety/decockers and want a smaller, lighter gun you might actually want to carry I highly recommend a M81BB or FS or 84BB or FS.

I should have said I still want a Beretta 92FS/M9.

Andy

DirectTo
09-13-21, 01:31
I had an 84 I sold off during a panic and it’s one of the few guns I genuinely miss. Light weight, felt good in the hand, good shooter, and Italian quality.

mark5pt56
09-13-21, 06:36
That 8 shot .380 was my first pistol purchased, kick myself for selling it to buy a 1911. That was another lesson that I let a friend talk me into f'ing with that until it didn't work. In my opinion this eBeretta's were the best .380's made.