PDA

View Full Version : Should I get out of the club?

sandpacker21
12-11-08, 19:00
My question is about should I sell my only AR? I love this thing but have a chance to turn a nice profit on it... I would also profit nicley considering the price mags are going for.. I am torn between the AR and the profit to be had from it. I was thinking I could fund my dream gun a Wilson Combat in 38 Super if I I sell it...
What would you guys do???

militarymoron
12-11-08, 19:15
i wouldn't sell it. if you love it, don't sell it. if you don't like it, go ahead.

ZDL
12-11-08, 19:22
My question is about should I sell my only AR? I love this thing but have a chance to turn a nice profit on it... I would also profit nicley considering the price mags are going for.. I am torn between the AR and the profit to be had from it. I was thinking I could fund my dream gun a Wilson Combat in 38 Super if I I sell it...

If you had more than one, my comment would be, depends on the price. Because it's your only, I wouldn't. But that's me. I'm not hurting for money. If you are contemplating this because you have financial obligations elsewhere that you are finding difficult to fulfill, than by all means do what you need to do. No one can fault a man for taking care of business.

Fire_Medic
12-11-08, 19:42
I had my M&P 15T listed on another site for a month and I thank God no one bought it, lol. It would have sucked BIGTIME! I felt maybe I made an impulse buy, but then I thoguht about it, it was what I wanted at a great price, and it's my only one. I've only sold a couple of firearms and regret all the sales except for 1.

Keep it, and enjoy it, you don't know when/if you'll be able to get another one, or how much it would cost to replace. Even building your own right now is tough, due to the lack of availability of parts and the increase in prices. I was planning on having my factory built AR and then building one, but right now building one is gonna wait. I'll just take the time to Spruce up the one I have. :D

Just my $0.02

No Bananas
12-11-08, 20:47

Don't sell it. Trust me, you'll regret it in a few years.

PhotomanM4
12-11-08, 20:47
Whatever they are offering you will be much too little compared to what it will be worth a year from now if the Obamination gets his way.

seb5
12-11-08, 21:37
The money is irrelevant if you can't replace it. Most feel like another ban is coming, and without a sunset. Unless you're starving or facing foreclosure find something else to sale.

JBnTX
12-11-08, 22:11
I've gotten out of the club twice before.
Today I own 3 Colt AR-15s.

You'll be back, and much poorer when you buy your
rifles back at a greatly increased price.

Trust me.

Army Chief
12-12-08, 00:25
If you're pondering a "sell" decision purely because you believe that you can capitalize on the current buying frenzy and turn a nice profit, then I think you may have missed the whole point of AR ownership -- especially in view of what seems likely to be coming just around the corner.

I'll not pass judgment on possibly contributing to the whole "price gouging" issue, since that is just a response to market forces, but consider this: I once sold a Colt pre-ban carbine very early in the ban (for a very reasonable price), and I had the balance of 10 years to watch prices soar and regret my decision. After a few years, it wasn't about the money: it was about giving up a class of firearm that I could no longer legally purchase.

The next ban, if/when it comes, is unlikely to sunset, and with that in mind, you can pretty much forget about buying another AR a few years down the road unless you're willing to pay a king's ransom for it. Better to have the rifle/carbine than to arrive at a point in your life where as a patriot you feel that you need to invest in one again, only to find that you can no longer afford it.

Unless you have several spares sitting in the safe, my feeling is that any decision to sell is ill-advised and will surely result in long-term regret. Heller notwithstanding, the legal momentum on this issue is all one-way, and it isn't working in our favor.

Chief

a1fabweld
12-12-08, 01:48
Money comes & goes. Your AR will only rise in value. If you have to sell something to free up some cash, sell your tv & place the AR in it's place. I personally would rather stare at an AR than watch sitcom reruns.:D

Eric
12-12-08, 02:31
Like you're going to get a different answer here. :rolleyes:

bkb0000
12-12-08, 04:04
if you're gonna sell it, it better be to buy another, better, AR.

the Constitution cries every time someone sells off their only AR.

Failure2Stop
12-12-08, 04:48
It's a bit like asking if you should dump your girlfriend because your gym buddy is your same clothes size.

If you gotta ask, you are already halfway down the path.

Gentoo
12-12-08, 05:10
How will you fight zombies if you sell it?

Robb Jensen
12-12-08, 05:34
It's a bit like asking if you should dump your girlfriend because your gym buddy is your same clothes size.

If you gotta ask, you are already halfway down the path.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/smilies/anim_rofl2.gif

cabbynate
12-12-08, 05:44
Someone offered me money for my AR. It is my only AR type rifle so I said no, I can't sell it. I only have this one. If you have other AR type rifles than do what you want but if you don't..........
Take a long look at the big picture. I would bet you have other handguns. A nice 38 super is cool but it won't get you out 400 yards accuratly.

Abraxas
12-12-08, 05:53
I say NO

FVC3
12-12-08, 07:06

Save your pennies for the 1911, it will not likely be banned - the AR likely will. If the readiness aspect and importance of owning an AR isn't enough and profit is the only motive - just imagine the profit you can make post ban!

Outlander Systems
12-12-08, 07:49
You'd regret the decision in about 2-3 years. You'd regret it quite badly.

An AR is a weapon. A handgun is a supplemental weapon.

It's up to you, but every man and woman should have one good fighting carbine.

sandpacker21
12-12-08, 20:47
Thanks guys for all the advice. I thought it over long and hard. As much as I will miss my AR I had to sell it. The new owner was very happy. Money is just to tight for me to turn down the profit i made. I probaly wont be back on this forum anymore. Id like to say this has been a great forum reguardless... Take care Sandpacker21 out!

Fire_Medic
12-12-08, 21:00
Sorry you had to sell it. Good luck with all future endeavors. Stay safe brother!:)

can2
12-12-08, 22:52
perhaps it is best for you and US, Adolph Hitler said this; "what good fortune for the government that the people do not think"

ZDL
12-12-08, 22:55
perhaps it is best for you and US, Adolph Hitler said this; "what good fortune for the government that the people do not think"

What the **** does this mean?

can2
12-12-08, 23:15
The man was torn between freedom and money , When his money has no value ...our country will need us to save her.Can she depend on you ? As for the quote from A.H. ..know your history or repeat it.

Verbal Kint
12-12-08, 23:21
Nicely said. :)

ZDL
12-12-08, 23:32
The man was torn between freedom and money , When his money has no value ...our country will need us to save her.Can she depend on you ? As for the quote from A.H. ..know your history or repeat it.

The wide spectrum of possibilities and scenarios behind this mans story and you land on this one? The volume this speaks about you is staggering. I would do whatever it took to take care of my own. Period. If that means selling a gun, so be it. If that means serving my country to protect my family. So be it. For you to sit on your high throne of judgment with little knowledge of what he is facing, all the while spouting of turd nuggets of ignorance, is pathetic. Your attempt at valor is marred by your arrogance, rendering your message... useless.

Beyond that. He's free to do what he wants. We all shared our opinions because he asked for them. Your comments did not serve a purpose in this thread. Try contributing for a change. :cool: