PDA

View Full Version : So about that drone strike against "ISIS-K"...

glocktogo
09-17-21, 14:57
Yeah, not so much after all. :(

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10002619/US-drone-strike-Kabul-DID-kill-aid-worker-nine-members-family-defense-official-says.html

Tl;Dr: They killed an aide worker and pretty much his entire family. The secondary damage came from a propane tank near the vehicle. They targeted a "white Toyota Corolla". Also, this was done with no intel on the ground, but this "mistake" was simply "not a success" and shouldn't be called a "massive failure", nor should it have any bearing on their "over the horizon" capability going forward.

Still no resignations from the General Officer ranks. Not Austin. Not Milley. Not Mckenzie... :(

Gabriel556
09-17-21, 15:26
What I don’t get, how is this not getting any sort of significant National or international news coverage. You’d think we would have other countries blasting us on the news for this. And that attention would force the media to talk about it.

glocktogo
09-17-21, 15:30
What I don’t get, how is this not getting any sort of significant National or international news coverage. You’d think we would have other countries blasting us on the news for this. And that attention would force the media to talk about it.

Currently they're too busy focusing on the international crisis the Biden Administration has precipitated in the South China Sea. Did you hear that the French Ambassador to the U.S. has just been recalled?

“America is back" indeed! :rolleyes:

SomeOtherGuy
09-17-21, 15:36
Is there some alternate universe where this is NOT a war crime?

vicious_cb
09-17-21, 15:54

Don't you get it by now? Who do you think controls the media?

ddbtoth
09-17-21, 16:06
Currently they're too busy focusing on the international crisis the Biden Administration has precipitated in the South China Sea. Did you hear that the French Ambassador to the U.S. has just been recalled?

Jimmy Carter is the happiest bitch in America right now.

titsonritz
09-17-21, 16:14

They did the same with Australia, they are butt hurt over the sub deal.

glocktogo
09-17-21, 16:15
It's a brave new world when covering for one scandal by announcing another is SOP. :(

titsonritz
09-17-21, 16:41
Took out those water bottles though.

Alex V
09-17-21, 17:47
Is there some alternate universe where this is NOT a war crime?

I was about to ask how this isn’t a war crime. Then again I remember Obama drone striking civilians and no one caring about it.

DG23
09-17-21, 18:20

This story was reported (the real story) on RT.com days after it happened. Should still be there...

US media is literally the LAST place I go to (or trust) for news of any kind. We may not have invented propaganda but we (here in the USA) sure as heck perfected it.

SteyrAUG
09-17-21, 22:14
So if Trump did any of this stuff...

1. Change withdraw timeline so he could take credit.
2. Vow to capture terrorists who killed US forces and drone people who actually helped us instead.
3. Try and blame it all on the previous president.

He would have been impeached for any one of those things let alone all three.

Averageman
09-17-21, 23:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obPOsNRNirg
Over the Horizon Strike just became the new "Buzz" word.
No, really when you say who ordered it, lets give his name.

Wildcat
09-18-21, 09:01
The BBC is plain about it:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58604655

The timing of the issuance of the article (Saturday's news for Britain) seems to minimize it.

Look for a campaign to ban drones soon. They are starting to describe them in the same terms that are used to disparage guns; blaming the tool more than the operator.

Honu
09-18-21, 09:34
Maybe the K stands for Kids ?

Kids that did not want to rub his leg hair ?
Our pres is such a freaking embarrassment its insane

The_War_Wagon
09-18-21, 11:06
So as to avoid "Biden-babble (and pudding drool...)," the Caucasian House released a video explanation. :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/I0AxrOUJ62E

WillBrink
09-18-21, 11:13
Yeah, not so much after all. :(

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10002619/US-drone-strike-Kabul-DID-kill-aid-worker-nine-members-family-defense-official-says.html

Tl;Dr: They killed an aide worker and pretty much his entire family. The secondary damage came from a propane tank near the vehicle. They targeted a "white Toyota Corolla". Also, this was done with no intel on the ground, but this "mistake" was simply "not a success" and shouldn't be called a "massive failure", nor should it have any bearing on their "over the horizon" capability going forward.

Still no resignations from the General Officer ranks. Not Austin. Not Milley. Not Mckenzie... :(

That level of ego does not resign, that's why MacArthur was fired, he let his massive ego get in the way. But you need a leader/POTUS with actual leadership in his blood, and that sure as chit is not B bag. So, the crew of woke generals with TDS who had their own agendas, which happen to align with current POTUS, who just threw in the toilet 20 years of work, thousands of US lives, trillions of dollars, and dropped our world standing into new lows, will see no resignations.

I don't even see this event as blip as drone strikes taking out the the wrong white Toyota Corolla is not that uncommon no doubt. Our ability to selectivity target is pretty damn impressive these days, but chit happens in combat zones. Not long ago, would have just carpet bombed a grid.

TAZ
09-18-21, 13:26
Obviously those kids don’t have good smelling hair.

Folks who were involved with the targeting package need to face some level of consequence. The folks who accepted the package as well along with those who executed the operation. Not going to happen though.

In all fairness to those folks. When you burn down your entire local operational capability by throwing folks under busses while running away in the middle of the night, you may not get the intelligence needed to make this type of operation a success.

Welcome to the new world order I guess. So long as no mean tweets go out we are good.

flenna
09-19-21, 07:07
Welcome to the new world order I guess. So long as no mean tweets go out we are good.

And there it is.

FromMyColdDeadHand
09-19-21, 10:35
The BBC is plain about it:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58604655

The timing of the issuance of the article (Saturday's news for Britain) seems to minimize it.

Look for a campaign to ban drones soon. They are starting to describe them in the same terms that are used to disparage guns; blaming the tool more than the operator.

They are going to start calling them “aerial mines“. Actually calling them “cluster **** flights“ would imply a link to cluster munitions that are also on the naughty list.

Why have Miley and others resign now. That would imply that their screwup‘s are over and their usefulness has ended. I expect a few more military **** ups in the near future and you might as well just have one person fall on the sword. Less money to pay out if the DNC is running it, less people to suicide if the Clintons are.

flenna
09-19-21, 11:52
President Trump kills an Iranian terrorist mastermind and the Left, along with their propaganda wing the MSM, throw a fit about how bad that was. Punch Drunk Joe kills an innocent family and lots kids and crickets from the usual suspects on the Left. Just another example of whose side they are really on.

Arik
09-19-21, 14:24
President Trump kills an Iranian terrorist mastermind and the Left, along with their propaganda wing the MSM, throw a fit about how bad that was. Punch Drunk Joe kills an innocent family and lots kids and crickets from the usual suspects on the Left. Just another example of whose side they are really on.Before, when Trump had al-Baghdadi killed Washington Post called him (al-Baghdadi) an "austere religious scholar". They eventually changed it but headlines are written by someone, they don't just materialize

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50205592.amp

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Diamondback
09-19-21, 15:26
President Trump kills an Iranian terrorist mastermind and the Left, along with their propaganda wing the MSM, throw a fit about how bad that was. Punch Drunk Joe kills an innocent family and lots kids and crickets from the usual suspects on the Left. Just another example of whose side they are really on.

"The death of one is a tragedy, the death of one million is a statistic."--Stalin

Kinda reminds you who these people really are...

lowprone
09-19-21, 19:22
One of these days the media will be just another biodegradable target.

The_War_Wagon
09-25-21, 08:19
https://i.ibb.co/c8xYnyQ/misinformation.jpg