PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Vest

zero4910
11-15-06, 19:33
This is my shooting buddy...holds 6, 30 round mags, 5 pistol mags and you can remove 2 of the AR pouches to add a uni-pistol holster with and extra spot for another pistol mag. Also carry shotgun rounds...if your gonna shoot, might as well have fun doin it with all the fun extras!!! :D

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1857/dscn0265cs2.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0265cs2.jpg)

CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE

Mojo58
11-16-06, 09:01
...and who is the manufacturer?

Steve
11-16-06, 10:47
If its who i think it is its UTG or a simliar knock off chicom,

very uncomfy,

i see these at about every match i go too one gun ripped his holster off with his gun....

its better than nothing if yah need a vest..not a slam on the guy or his gear but i have had one....(gift)......... it lasted about 3 days before it was given to a local match as loaner gear.

But like i said better than nothing good for games and the like.

http://www.militarycraft.com/assault_hunting_tactical_vests/utg_under_the_gun_ultimate_tactical_gear/utg_black_tactical_assault_vest/

zero4910
11-20-06, 15:21
I find this vest to be very great. Holds all my ammo and will soon hold a glock 23. Fits me perfect. I bought it on eBay for $45 brand new, and I cannot complain about it whatsoever.

TimW
11-22-06, 16:31
I understand buying wisely, but sometimes the phrase "Penny wise, pound foolish" really comes into play when gear is concerned.

There are far better options available than running to your local airsoft store and buying some freakin' Chicom POS that will fail you when you need it most. I really love the "I am only buying it for SHTF"....So, what they're saying is that when your LIFE depends on it, you want to use gear that MIGHT work?

Diz
11-22-06, 18:33
C'mon now Tim, stop beating around the bush and tell the guy what you're really thinking.
You know these discussions go 'round and 'round the ****in' maypole and what we fail to realize is that there are definately different strokes for different folks. One guy is gonna swear by his Bushy carbine and for-shit web gear, while another will build a rock-solid carbine and bomb-proof kit. There are sooo many factors that go into these choices that it's pointless to list them all. Suffice it say that each man must weigh the choices available and act accordingly.
But since you ask a few million of your closest friends on the error-net what they think, here's my 2c:
Carefully cut your vest apart. Pay particular attention to the sequence of construction. Use your old vest parts as patterns and make yourself a new one, using the best materials available. Waitaminute, that's gonna cost you a shit-load of money. Okay, go out to your trash can, put your vest inside. Now contact Tim and order a real ****ing vest. :eek:

davemcdonald
11-22-06, 20:41
Yep that Tim....Always candy-coating!

TimW
11-22-06, 21:29
Wow...I didn't think I was that harsh. I was actually candy-coating it. :)

LOKNLOD
11-22-06, 21:59
No offence to Zero, but something tells me that that rig fits his needs perfectly...if ya know what I mean ;)

My buddy picked up a cheaper than dirt rig -- I've since found that it's almost an exact copy of an SOTech Falcon Mk3 -- for like $40 as well, and while I wouldn't trust it to carry a six-pack to tailgate party, let alone mags to a bidirectional shootin' match, it'll meet his needs for holding a couple mags when he visits me at the farm to shoot. Last time he visited I couldn't even get him to wear it the whole time.

TimW
11-22-06, 22:18
Last time he visited I couldn't even get him to wear it the whole time.

LOL. I guess I stand corrected in this case. :)