PDA

View Full Version : R/C Helicopter with 1911 attached.

ZDL
12-11-08, 23:00
Good for neighborhood patrol.... :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ywqaKHhqo

SFW link.

Gentoo
12-12-08, 00:12
HAHA epic.

Hope he doesn't accidentally shoot someone; that would be a fun one to explain to the cops...

exitinyourhead
12-12-08, 00:30
yikes, that looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Cool, but scary. I've seen those things swirling and tumbling around. Could get exciting with a loaded 45 on the front of it.

JBnTX
12-12-08, 09:11
I'm not an expert, but I think it's illegal to mount weapons on
civilian aircraft in the US.

I know it's an RC model, but still an aircraft.

He'll be getting a visit from the Men in Black.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-12-08, 09:31
That is a huge helicopter!! You could have a monkey ride in that thing.

decodeddiesel
12-12-08, 09:48
We have a robotics development group at my work here and I just showed them this clip. They collectively cringed and explained the massive safety requirements and certifications which an armed ground based robot must go through in order to even be legal in the US. It includes a review board, documentation submitted to the ATF, lock outs, AD prevention, etc. They couldn't even imagine what an armed airborne robot would need...

kbrdann
12-12-08, 09:50
Damit now i have to lern to build and a fly a R/C helicopter. Oh my just think twin 10/22's one on each side.

M1A2_Tanker
12-12-08, 10:38
With disregard to the legalities and lack of safety, I think it is pretty damn cool :cool:

G27gear
12-12-08, 12:50

I didn't think about a monkey. Man, I gotta get a monkey now...

skyugo
12-12-08, 18:49
wow that is wildly unsafe.

but yeah i'll admit it's pretty cool. :p

BWYoda
12-12-08, 19:03
I didn't think about a monkey. Man, I gotta get a monkey now...

I think you're onto something. Screw the RC stuff, just have two monkeys, a pilot and a gunner. Total deniability when BATF show up..............."No sir, the Kimber belongs to Mr. Chuckles"

boltcatch
12-12-08, 20:40
We have a robotics development group at my work here and I just showed them this clip. They collectively cringed and explained the massive safety requirements and certifications which an armed ground based robot must go through in order to even be legal in the US. It includes a review board, documentation submitted to the ATF, lock outs, AD prevention, etc. They couldn't even imagine what an armed airborne robot would need...

Sometimes I just wanna tell the busybodies in suits to rub some dirt on it and quit crying.

decodeddiesel
12-12-08, 22:55
Sometimes I just wanna tell the busybodies in suits to rub some dirt on it and quit crying.

Don't we all.

jbecker
12-21-08, 16:30
Here's one with a 12 gauge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZCH1492CzA

fabulous45s
12-21-08, 17:09

I'm all about having a helo monkey!!!

"Airborne Apes"

ZDL
12-21-08, 17:52
jc penny had these little cheap helo's for $25. I bought a couple of them as my first RC learning project. I already warned the dog that he's on the "list". :cool: