PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between these S stamped FCG's

RWH24
09-25-21, 01:25
I have had these in a box for so long I have no clue what AR I took them out of.
Probably a Complete Spike's Lower or Could have been a Colt CR lower, IF they don't use COLT FCG's
1 FCG has more stamps than the other.

Any words of wisdom if they are more or less than a Standard Mil-Spec FCG, nothing special??
Thanks

the AR-15 Junkie
09-25-21, 09:38
I have had these in a box for so long I have no clue what AR I took them out of.
Probably a Complete Spike's Lower or Could have been a Colt CR lower, IF they don't use COLT FCG's
1 FCG has more stamps than the other.

Any words of wisdom if they are more or less than a Standard Mil-Spec FCG, nothing special??
Thanks

Look at the trigger bows, they came out of a Colt. See video here for explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okkrk0SyfmA

09-25-21, 14:20
As stated, both of the bows and the notched hammer are Colt, the rounded hammer could be a new Colt, but I only have seen the rounded hammers in Colts less than a year ago. Are the disconnectors stamped C or S?

It makes zero difference if they’re mixed up as they are in no way matched sets.

RWH24
09-25-21, 21:45
As stated, both of the bows and the notched hammer are Colt, the rounded hammer could be a new Colt, but I only have seen the rounded hammers in Colts less than a year ago. Are the disconnectors stamped C or S?

It makes zero difference if they’re mixed up as they are in no way matched sets.
The disconnector in the bag with COLT Hammer and Trigger is marked with a faint c and a very good S.
This is the FCG removed from my Colt CR6920 when I added a ALG/ACT Combat Trigger. So yes, it is a matched set.
The other set,,, BINGO I do remember. It was removed from an early Spikes Tactical, Fall of 2010, when I replaced it with a G-SSA

RWH24
09-25-21, 21:45

The disconnector in the bag with COLT Hammer and Trigger is marked with a faint c and a very good S.
This is the FCG removed from my Colt CR6920 when I added a ALG/ACT Combat Trigger. So yes, it is a matched set.
The other set,,, BINGO I do remember. It was removed from an early Spikes Tactical, Fall of 2010, when I replaced it with a G-SSA