PDA

View Full Version : New Aguila 12 Ga. Mini Shotgun Shells

Cold Zero
12-12-08, 07:54
I was at the range last night and saw for the first time mini (~1 3/8") 12 ga. shotgun shells made by Aguila. I beleive they are available in Buckshot, slug and Buck and Ball.

Has anyone else seen these? I was told that the advantage to these is that it doubles the magazine capacity of your shotgun. What are the disadvantages to these? I am sure there are some.

Does anyone know where I can buy these? Thanks.

subzero
12-12-08, 08:18
They're fun, but I couldn't get them to feed reliably out of a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500. They'd flip coming out of the magazine going onto the carrier. Maybe I was too enthusiastic, maybe I should have tried them in a semi...whatever.

They were fun though. Like a 22 compared to a 9mm in terms of recoil vs a standard 2.5" shell. Very easy to shoot.

markm
12-12-08, 08:19
What are the disadvantages to these? I am sure there are some.

They don't feed for shit. They're supposed to feed well in 870s, but they sure as shit don't feed in mine. I bought one sleeve of them just to mess with... bird shot if I remember right.

There's really no upside to these that I can find.

LMT4me
12-12-08, 08:33
I agree that they are fun to shoot but I could not get them to feed in my 870 either.

RD62
12-12-08, 10:50
A buddy of mine had a few boxes of these at the range with us a few years ago.

As I remember they fed O.K., not good or bad, just O.K. Had one or two flip.

But as I recall, they didn't eject for shit! His shotty was a Mossberg 500, and they stuck in the chamber BAD! We had to slam the butt into the deck to rack it and eject the spent shell.

I sure didn't run out to pick any up for my 870 and I don't think he got any more either.

I'll stick to standard Low Recoil 2 3/4" Buck Shot thanks!

-RD62