PDA

View Full Version : SpecOps troops in California attacked by ninja

Slater
09-30-21, 18:51
Where's Airwolf when you need it?

"In yet another piece of evidence that we are in fact living in a simulation, special operations soldiers training at an airport in the Mojave Desert were reportedly attacked and wounded by "a sword-wielding man dressed as a ninja" and forced to shelter in a hangar, Stars and Stripes reports.

The absurd incident reportedly took place sometime after 1 a.m. on Sept. 18, "according to what appears to be a military incident report shared on Instagram and Reddit," writes Stars and Stripes. Ridgecrest Police Department records also appear to confirm some of the details in the social media documents, which suggest the wounded victims — a staff sergeant and a captain — to be members of "the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, an elite helicopter unit known as the Night Stalkers," per Stars and Stripes.

According to the photographed report, which has not been independently verified, the staff sergeant was outside smoking a cigarette when he was approached by "an unknown person wearing full ninja garb," who asked, "Do you know who I am?" and "Do you know where my family is?"

After the solider answered "no", the "person in ninja garb began to slash at [the soldier], striking his phone and his knee and leg," per the report. As the staff sergeant then took off running, the man dressed as a ninja began kicking and punching doors and windows, then reportedly threw a block of asphalt through a building window. The captain, inside, was stuck by the block, according to the social media document.

The victims called 911, and the "ninja" reportedly fled and was arrested elsewhere."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-dressed-ninja-reportedly-attacked-211311229.html

flenna
09-30-21, 19:18
I was waiting for the punchline thinking this was from The Babylon Bee. Alas, it is not…..

Inkslinger
09-30-21, 19:42
Seems like typical ninja SOP. They’re luck he didn’t pull their beating hearts from their chest.

titsonritz
09-30-21, 20:20
Seems like typical ninja SOP. They’re luck he didn’t pull their beating hearts from their chest.

or Dim Mak their ass.

chuckman
09-30-21, 20:55
Reminds me of a few years some SF candidates during Robin Sage wandered in to an area where a bunch of kids were playing some paintball game. The SF candidates got absolutely hosed, they were literally ambushed. For that particular ODA they had to stop Sage lol.

Sam
09-30-21, 22:17
or Dim Mak their ass.

Oh no, dim mak is some bad stuff.

Equally lethal is the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.

On the other hand, dim sum is goood.

SteyrAUG
10-01-21, 02:08
or Dim Mak their ass.

Tien Hseuh is a specialized skill known only to certain clans. This was obviously the work of either the Hachi Kai or the Tengu Sugata, but definitely Iga Ryuha.

SteyrAUG
10-01-21, 02:17
Oh no, dim mak is some bad stuff.

Equally lethal is the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.

On the other hand, dim sum is goood.

Especially the barbecue pork dumpling dim sum. That stuff will balance your chi levels so perfectly you can execute Buddha's Vibrating Palm technique.

But of course no shinobi discussion is complete without Monkey Steals the Peach.

http://www.weirduniverse.net/images/media/monkeypeach.jpg

But this is serious Black Dragon Koga Ryu skills, a school that everyone pretends is extinct and died with Seiko Fujita. These guys legit don't exist.

Slater
10-01-21, 06:27
Unfortunately, now we know that the 160th SOAR is vulnerable to ninja attack.

Arik
10-01-21, 08:41
Paging Michael Dudikoff!!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Grand58742
10-01-21, 08:49
Especially the barbecue pork dumpling dim sum. That stuff will balance your chi levels so perfectly you can execute Buddha's Vibrating Palm technique.

But of course no shinobi discussion is complete without Monkey Steals the Peach.

But this is serious Black Dragon Koga Ryu skills, a school that everyone pretends is extinct and died with Seiko Fujita. These guys legit don't exist.

Stay the hell away from my peaches!

BangBang77
10-01-21, 09:41
Paging Michael Dudikoff!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Haha. He probably trained the ninja that did this. I had actually forgotten about him and the American Ninja movies me and my brothers used to love as kids. Good times in them days.

Sam
10-01-21, 10:44

That peach technique is brutal.

That pork bun is "cha sui bao". That stuff is addicting.

sgtrock82
10-01-21, 10:55

But this is serious Black Dragon Koga Ryu skills, a school that everyone pretends is extinct and died with Seiko Fujita. These guys legit don't exist.OMG, that picture is worth a thousand jokes!

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Adrenaline_6
10-01-21, 13:20

Yes, char siu bao (different spelling - same thing) is amazing. If you go to Hawaii, make sure to look up the local version of it called a Manapua. Bigger and better version of the char siu bao. They have baked versions instead of just the white steamed ones as well as different filling options. Awesome!

Monkey steals the Peach...love it.

Sam
10-01-21, 13:49
Hey I can't spell :) but I can eat.

ABNAK
10-01-21, 20:18
So a buddy of mine is a retired Sergeant Major from 5th SFG. As he tells it the 160th SOAR once declined to try and pick up an A-Team of his that was in trouble in Somalia decades ago. "We only fly at night" he claims he was told. No reason to doubt him, but that intra-service rivalry is real. So ever since then he has had a sort of hard-on for the "Nightstalkers". "G-damn taxi-cab drivers" is his usual retort.

Naturally, I couldn't wait to tell him about this! I knew what button to press. :lol: The response, as I expected, was an expletive-laced one!

SteyrAUG
10-01-21, 21:46

One of the signs that it was time to leave Florida was when our very excellent Chinese eatery with amazing pork buns went out of business. One of maybe 12 things I miss about Florida.

chuckman
10-02-21, 06:39
So a buddy of mine is a retired Sergeant Major from 5th SFG. As he tells it the 160th SOAR once declined to try and pick up an A-Team of his that was in trouble in Somalia decades ago. "We only fly at night" he claims he was told. No reason to doubt him, but that intra-service rivalry is real. So ever since then he has had a sort of hard-on for the "Nightstalkers". "G-damn taxi-cab drivers" is his usual retort.

Naturally, I couldn't wait to tell him about this! I knew what button to press. :lol: The response, as I expected, was an expletive-laced one!

They only fly at night... except for Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Grenada, etc....

I was in pre-MARSOC, and only benefited from their rides a couple times during some exercises with other groups. Since we were not part of the SOCOM family we did not rate them. I didn't hear anything but good things. That said, every organization has its exceptions.

Sam
10-02-21, 07:58
One of the signs that it was time to leave Florida was when our very excellent Chinese eatery with amazing pork buns went out of business. One of maybe 12 things I miss about Florida.

What state did you move to?

SteyrAUG
10-02-21, 13:51
What state did you move to?

Iowa.

Wake27
10-02-21, 14:09
That said, every organization has its exceptions.

Very true so it’s possible but 160th has a fantastic reputation throughout at least the USASOC community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam
10-02-21, 14:09
Iowa.

Wow, from the Sunshine state to the middle of the country. I guess Iowa is not the mecca for good dim sum :)

Bulletdog
10-02-21, 17:11
No one is asking the obvious question: Did they ever find out where the ninja's family is???

SteyrAUG
10-02-21, 17:17
Wow, from the Sunshine state to the middle of the country. I guess Iowa is not the mecca for good dim sum :)

Not exactly. But my family is from here, there are four seasons rather than 3 months of hot and 9 months of stay inside because it's really hot. Got sick to death of doing thanksgiving and christmas with the AC running.

Slower smallish town pace vs. city life in south florida that is chock full of aholes. I miss my friends, NY pizza, decent seafood and couple other things. I don't miss anything else. Been here three years and yet to even come close to a "get off my lawn" moment. My worst neighbor is a goofball but still an ok guy, he is better than my best neighbor in the place I left behind.

When we were moving in, the house across the street made us cookies and brought them to us as a welcome gift. I was so caught off guard I didn't even do a proper thank you the first time, it was mostly clumsy.

Massive quality of life upgrade.

We now return you to "When Ninja Attack."

Sam
10-02-21, 18:42
Not exactly. But my family is from here, there are four seasons rather than 3 months of hot and 9 months of stay inside because it's really hot. Got sick to death of doing thanksgiving and christmas with the AC running.

Slower smallish town pace vs. city life in south florida that is chock full of aholes. I miss my friends, NY pizza, decent seafood and couple other things. I don't miss anything else. Been here three years and yet to even come close to a "get off my lawn" moment. My worst neighbor is a goofball but still an ok guy, he is better than my best neighbor in the place I left behind.

When we were moving in, the house across the street made us cookies and brought them to us as a welcome gift. I was so caught off guard I didn't even do a proper thank you the first time, it was mostly clumsy.

Massive quality of life upgrade.

We now return you to "When Ninja Attack."

I don't blame you for moving. Iowa is what most of America used to be. We can connect this sub-conversation to the original topic by me asking, is there any Ninja in your neighborhood? :)

Adrenaline_6
10-02-21, 20:38
https://youtu.be/fMs9BlG_Dx8

chuckman
10-02-21, 20:41
I don't blame you for moving. Iowa is what most of America used to be. We can connect this sub-conversation to the original topic by me asking, is there any Ninja in your neighborhood? :)

Screw that. I dated a gal from Iowa, those winters are horrible.

5/5 no ninjas in Iowa. They can't deal with that level of cold.

ABNAK
10-02-21, 21:12
Very true so it’s possible but 160th has a fantastic reputation throughout at least the USASOC community.

Oh for sure they have a good rep and are probably the best rotary-winged unit in the world.

Not sure how things are now but my buddy was referencing an early 90's time frame. He was SF but the 160th was dedicated to CAG/DEVGRU/Rangers and didn't like to support "plain old" Army Special Forces. Sounds crazy, but I trust what my buddy tells me. As a senior NCO he once tried to coordinate training using their assets at Ft. Campbell (where both units were stationed no less!). He was basically told the same thing, that their resources were optimally used for the aforementioned tip-of-the-spear types. He went to his Colonel and protested. The CO told him that he thought it sucked but essentially said "It is what it is". My buddy told him "Sir, I get it. However, if they ask us for any kind of training I'm gonna deny it". The old man told him "I'm okay with that". IIRC he got his chance a few months later and said "Nope, can't help you".

I think that with him the declining of the request for exfil with a team in trouble pissed him off more than the training thing at Campbell (understandably so).

I have another acquaintance who is a retired 160th pilot. He went to the 160th from 1/75th Rangers. Has the "mustard stain" on his wings from jumping into Torrijos Airport, CIB, tabbed, RI at Dahlonega, etc. Later dropped his packet and went to warrant officer and flight school. Retired as a CWO-4. He is also an avid shooter (would shoot circles around me, but that ain't hard!).

SteyrAUG
10-03-21, 01:32

Only me and the ones I started training back in 81. So a functioning kai exists. During my time in FL a couple went on to be local Swat dudes and we even have a freshman class.

SteyrAUG
10-03-21, 01:34
Screw that. I dated a gal from Iowa, those winters are horrible.

5/5 no ninjas in Iowa. They can't deal with that level of cold.

Not only are they here, we made them do outdoor, overnight winter training.

Ron3
10-03-21, 12:48

It's true. 🙁 🥵

But are there good Indian restaurants in Iowa?

chuckman
10-03-21, 13:09
Oh for sure they have a good rep and are probably the best rotary-winged unit in the world.

Not sure how things are now but my buddy was referencing an early 90's time frame. He was SF but the 160th was dedicated to CAG/DEVGRU/Rangers and didn't like to support "plain old" Army Special Forces. Sounds crazy, but I trust what my buddy tells me. As a senior NCO he once tried to coordinate training using their assets at Ft. Campbell (where both units were stationed no less!). He was basically told the same thing, that their resources were optimally used for the aforementioned tip-of-the-spear types. He went to his Colonel and protested. The CO told him that he thought it sucked but essentially said "It is what it is". My buddy told him "Sir, I get it. However, if they ask us for any kind of training I'm gonna deny it". The old man told him "I'm okay with that". IIRC he got his chance a few months later and said "Nope, can't help you".

I think that with him the declining of the request for exfil with a team in trouble pissed him off more than the training thing at Campbell (understandably so).

I have another acquaintance who is a retired 160th pilot. He went to the 160th from 1/75th Rangers. Has the "mustard stain" on his wings from jumping into Torrijos Airport, CIB, tabbed, RI at Dahlonega, etc. Later dropped his packet and went to warrant officer and flight school. Retired as a CWO-4. He is also an avid shooter (would shoot circles around me, but that ain't hard!).

Interestingly we had called for an extract on a hot LZ, and the Army declined because, well, it was a hot LZ. An Air Force helo who happened to be nearby came. The Air Force helicopters were part of a rescue unit, and those PJs got out of their aircraft and provided suppressive fire so we could board.

The few times we trained with the 160th and some of the other units, they're good enough, had no issues.

I only knew one pilot from the 160th, retired and flew for Petroleum Helicopters, who had the contract for Carolina Air Care at UNC-CH, where I worked as a flight medic. He almost got fired for trying to outrun a summer thunderstorm. He learned quickly that civilian rules were different from military rules lol.

Chubbs103
10-03-21, 16:49

By SOP, this is correct. They typically only fly operations at night. This also applies to some other SOF aviation assets as well. There is always a waiver, but the customer rarely has any SA of how the decision is made. All of the worst parts of the 160th history took place during day time operations.

Some other things to consider. Because the aircrew are flying at night, you may not have any available during the day. As angry as the concept makes ground pounders, crew rest is a real thing in the aviation community. If your crews flew the night before, they probably aren't available the next day. If they are scheduled the next night, a day-time pick-up would burn their crew-day. Depending on the priorities in the area, taking the 160th out of play for a night might have been unacceptable.

flenna
10-03-21, 17:55
Speaking of the 160th, I haven't seen OH-58 on here for a while. I hope he is doing ok.

SteyrAUG
10-03-21, 18:26
It's true. �� ��

But are there good Indian restaurants in Iowa?

I'll never know.

mrbieler
10-03-21, 18:50
https://youtu.be/IR68W56DCBU

teufelhund1918
10-04-21, 05:34

Monkey steals peach and makes marmalade... Lol.... What a crazy story. Any other time in history it would be hard to believe....

Chubbs103
10-05-21, 23:42
Rumor on the street is the Ninja in question soaked up 6 or 7 rounds from a FN 303 less than lethal launcher as well as a taser shot before giving up his sword.

Adrenaline_6
10-06-21, 08:37
Rumor on the street is the Ninja in question soaked up 6 or 7 rounds from a FN 303 less than lethal launcher as well as a taser shot before giving up his sword.

The question is: Did they hit him in the peaches with the 303 and where is the monkey in all this?

WillBrink
10-06-21, 13:11
Of course real ninja's don't leave whiteness, and was there really no one there with a gun?! Ugh.

rushca01
10-06-21, 15:29
I chuckled that they the spec ops units called the police….lol.

rushca01
10-06-21, 15:29

WillBrink
10-06-21, 15:32

Well, they're pilots vs door kickers, but still, amazed no one had a gun. Maybe base policy?

Wake27
10-07-21, 04:16
Think it was actually their support company. And no, very atypical anyone is armed AND has live rounds for that type of stuff. It’s extremely controlled CONUS so the only way would’ve been someone carrying in violation of several laws and regulations.

WillBrink
10-07-21, 08:15
Think it was actually their support company. And no, very atypical anyone is armed AND has live rounds for that type of stuff. It’s extremely controlled CONUS so the only way would’ve been someone carrying in violation of several laws and regulations.

That's what I figured on. Meh.

WillBrink
10-07-21, 08:15

That's what I figured on. Meh.