PDA

View Full Version : Shims for suppressor

MrLegalAce777
10-02-21, 14:53
Got my muzzle device on for my mcx and the shims are a little messed up. I dont care what it looks like cause this is an sd set up with a suppressor but can those shims cause issues? Its torqued well and secured with rocksett.

georgeib
10-02-21, 15:05
Why are you using shims at all? The muzzle device doesn't need to be timed inside the suppressor.

If you insist on using shims, the safe thing to do would be to use an alignment rod with the suppressor attached to make sure you're not going to get a baffle strike.

MrLegalAce777
10-02-21, 15:07
I was told to use shims for the muzzle device since the suppressor is a qd suppressor. Even though the suppressor is dedicated to this rifle. I checked it with a rod and it appears to look good.

georgeib
10-02-21, 15:12
I was told to use shims for the muzzle device since the suppressor is a qd suppressor. Even though the suppressor is dedicated to this rifle. I checked it with a rod and it appears to look good.

What kind of shims are those. Precision Armament or Primary Weapons?

MrLegalAce777
10-02-21, 15:14
PWS shim kit

georgeib
10-02-21, 15:17
I'm guessing here, but I tend to think you're good to go as long as everything is torqued, Rockset, and the alignment is good. I very much doubt you'll have a problem, but to be on the safe side, I would shoot it and then check alignment and tightness a few more times.