PDA

View Full Version : US Troops Have Been Deployed to Taiwan for at Least a Year

Buncheong
10-07-21, 13:10
“About two dozen members of U.S. special-operations and support troops are conducting training for small units of Taiwan’s ground forces, the officials said. The U.S. Marines are working with local maritime forces on small-boat training. The American forces have been operating in Taiwan for at least a year, the officials said.”

https://archive.fo/rpD6M

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-07-21, 16:40
Green Berets training people in how to be nasty after the lines pass you by? Marines plugging holes in landing beaches?

Not exactly a trip wire.

I still think that AirForce One should have had to make an emergency landing in Taipei on one of Trump’s Asia trips- just out of an abundance of caution. And while the part gets flown in, might as well have a short meeting…

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-07-21, 18:59
Clearly the Chinese knew and have said nothing about it until it leaked to the public. This is all noise.

CRAMBONE
10-07-21, 19:07
Gawd they want a war between us and china.

lowprone
10-07-21, 20:11
YES and they will get one !

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-07-21, 20:52
A Seawolf sub hit ‘something’ in the South China sea. I wouldn’t doubt that it got tangled up with a Chinese sub, or even Chinese ramming it with a UAV.

Diamondback
10-07-21, 23:32
A Seawolf sub hit ‘something’ in the South China sea. I wouldn’t doubt that it got tangled up with a Chinese sub, or even Chinese ramming it with a UAV.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have long range "kamikaze" drones designed for that exact purpose... hit a pressure hull hard enough and you don't even need a boom.

prepare
10-08-21, 04:52
Silly milley abandoned Afghanistan for the new war with china.

For our safety and security of course.

Wake27
10-08-21, 10:45
Its surprising that we have SOF in countries that people don't know about?

Diamondback
10-08-21, 10:53
Its surprising that we have SOF in countries that people don't know about?

It's surprising that the Chicom-humping, terrorist-loving Pedophile-in-Chief didn'y either pull them out or throw them under the bus long ago.

ABNAK
10-08-21, 11:04
I am beginning to believe more and more that the behind-the-scenes cabal who really run things in this country acts despite who sits in the Oval Office (even fraudulent occupants like we have now). Trump ordered troops pulled from Syria; they didn't actually follow through with that. Xiden, beholden to the ChiComs, allows that armada the other day in the South China Sea to be there (3 carriers, beaucoup support ships) in a show of force? Nah, I ain't buying it.

The cabal does what it wants and what it sees fit to do. As Tucker said last night, it is the "security apparatus" that runs things, a combo of intel agencies and the military, coupled with some powerful politicians and non-politicians alike.

Wake27
10-08-21, 14:31
Trump ordered troops pulled from Syria; they didn't actually follow through with that.

Not quite that simple.

Averageman
10-08-21, 15:48
My Sister in Law was dating a former Taiwanese Marine.
They have machine gun nests that have been continuously improved since the 1940's. They have leg irons in them to keep you in you seat behind your MG.

ABNAK
10-08-21, 19:24
Not quite that simple.

Bottom line is they did not entirely do what he told them to, whether you agree with it or not. The "MIC" (or whatever you want to call it) fudged a bit on that.

Wake27
10-08-21, 20:36
Bottom line is they did not entirely do what he told them to, whether you agree with it or not. The "MIC" (or whatever you want to call it) fudged a bit on that.

How do you know he didn’t change his guidance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABNAK
10-08-21, 22:53
How do you know he didn’t change his guidance?

With Trump? Who knows? If it was changed it certainly wasn't made public, and of course I understand that it doesn't have to be. Just seems like foot-dragging took place; perhaps just shy of actual insubordination, an "excusable" slow-roll.