PDA

View Full Version : Vltor Freedom Rail mlok

xFREDx
10-07-21, 15:33
i know these are relatively new but has anyone messed with them? any news to report about them? Seems like a good rail. I have MuR upper and i think it would be a good fit.

georgeib
10-07-21, 15:48
It doesn't look like they've actually been released yet. Seems interesting at that price point though, specially considering they're from a reputable company.

xFREDx
10-07-21, 15:50
I see Primary Arms has a back order for the 13" on sale for $145

georgeib
10-07-21, 16:23
I see Primary Arms has a back order for the 13" on sale for $145

I saw that too. I looked at other sites as well, and it looks like no one has any yet.

Duffy
10-07-21, 18:29
We have a 15" and a few 9" in stock :)

georgeib
10-07-21, 18:48

Sweet! What's your impression of them, Roger?

xFREDx
10-08-21, 08:49
they look to have a decently long barrel nut and similar to the G rails with the big cross bolts. One thing different is how, i believe they have two set screws to run parallel to the barrel and into the back of the handguard and run against the cross bolt.

Stickman
10-10-21, 10:22
I saw that too. I looked at other sites as well, and it looks like no one has any yet.

They are pretty much an unknown, and I thought they were released awhile ago. Gotta get them seem and known if you want to sell them. I’m not sure if they are doing ad work in magazines or something else that I’ve just missed. It’s also possible that they have gone the YouTube reviewer route, which would be another reason I wouldn’t have seen them.

Genesis1980
10-11-21, 10:57
They are listed as in stock on vltors website.

xFREDx
10-11-21, 11:03
i only see the 7 & 9 in stock.

bear13
10-11-21, 19:17
I am looking for a solid mlok rail. This was on my radar along with fcd and slr rails. Looking for something that is mounted solid to upper.

It’s that or a DD ris2 quad/Larue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xFREDx
10-11-21, 19:29
That LAT is both great value and very durable. I have 2. One 13.2” and a 12”. I put to 12” on a cheap M&P to test durability. I tossed it, banged it objects, drug it behind a vehicle and even used it as a bat for some soft toss. The thing held zero with irons. So not only shows quality and strength but the DD irons are also notable in this test to hold zero as well. If that’s what your talking about I would be hard pressed to say another rail similar in size would have a better lock up. However the ones you listed will be suited fine for most things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

bear13
10-11-21, 19:38
That LAT is both great value and very durable. I have 2. One 13.2” and a 12”. I put to 12” on a cheap M&P to test durability. I tossed it, banged it objects, drug it behind a vehicle and even used it as a bat for some soft toss. The thing held zero with irons. So not only shows quality and strength but the DD irons are also notable in this test to hold zero as well. If that’s what your talking about I would be hard pressed to say another rail similar in size would have a better lock up. However the ones you listed will be suited fine for most things

Yes. I’m building a upper with a centurion 16” recce and the vltor mur. I want a solid handguard with no deflection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickman
10-11-21, 20:27
VLTOR needs to release a VIS in MLOK and get it over with.

xFREDx
10-18-21, 13:45
i agree stickman. that VIS MLOK would be nice. I went ahead and ordered the 13" Mlok version from primary arms since it is only $145. I know i will have to wait but that is the cheapest i have found it. Everywhere else is around $180 or $200.

i found the below picture of one built 13 freedom rail on a mur with 13.7 barrel. it looks great but mine will either be a 13.9 or 14.5 barrel

https://imgur.com/a/W3IqFJK

Fatorangecat
10-26-21, 11:59
VLTOR needs to release a VIS in MLOK and get it over with.

I would buy 2

scooter22
10-26-21, 19:29
Deleted.

T.L. Pinkerton
10-31-21, 01:02
I'm interested in the 7.32" one to free float behind my FSP on my 6920 but don't want an absurd gap exposing my gas tube, would this work?

xFREDx
11-19-21, 13:06

Roger, what is the overall height and width of the rail?

RUTGERS95
11-21-21, 20:21

spot on, the LAT is outstanding all around. I use these and Centurions