PDA

View Full Version : School Shooter BONDS Out???

Averageman
10-08-21, 13:27
https://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/20211008032439-texas-high-school-shooting-suspect-out-on-bond-student-accused-of-opening-fire-in-classroom-injuring-4-people/#x
WTF is going on with this? White Privledge?
So how do you shoot three people and walk?

Averageman
10-08-21, 13:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT9BMcbiyn0
If this was your Kid, would he be out on bail?

crosseyedshooter
10-08-21, 14:28
This guy (not kid) has some resources, either through his family or someone else. I recall that he surrendered to police through a lawyer and now he’s already out on bond. He was already lawyered up before police could catch up to him. I’d wager that his parents or political activists have something to do with it.

mrbieler
10-08-21, 14:29
Will be curious to see how this plays out. I can't find the link now, but there is a pic of him prior to the shooting with his Dodge Charger and there appears to be a Glock in the car door bin.

john armond
10-08-21, 14:52
I find it ironic that one of the people waiting outside when he is released appears to be wearing a BLM face diaper. Didn’t he try to kill at least one black male?

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-08-21, 14:54
Anything on the victims? The lady to the left of him has a BLM mask on it looks like…

First there was OJ, now there is oj. Little OJ.

He looks like he’d have fun in prison…

Was this in Chicago where that nut bag DA says that shooters are ‘mutual combatants’ and lets them go?

Averageman
10-08-21, 15:02
Nope, it's Arlington Texas.

Honu
10-08-21, 15:15
To busy going against Trump supporters need to make room for those US terrorists who do not like whats going on with the communist take over

AndyLate
10-08-21, 15:33
To busy going against Trump supporters need to make room for those US terrorists who do not like whats going on with the communist take over

THIS

Shot a 15 year old kid 4 times - Moms said "he was being bullied"

Andy

Honu
10-08-21, 17:05
And when our schools are teaching

MEN CAN HAVE BABIES is where we are at in science class
OK grade-school assignment is role play gay trans sex this weekend with friends !

THIS

Shot a 15 year old kid 4 times - Moms said "he was being bullied"

Andy

jsbhike
10-08-21, 18:07
Interesting difference in how this is going compared to Rittenhouse.

flenna
10-08-21, 18:47
Interesting difference in how this is going compared to Rittenhouse.

Demographics. KR is a white supremacist vigilante while this young man is a just misunderstood youth who has been oppressed all his life and is working towards his lifetime goal of being a rocket surgeon.

titsonritz
10-08-21, 19:19

My kid would be better off staying inside.

TomMcC
10-08-21, 19:57
I'm kind of amazed they even required bond in this no bond day. They should have just OR'd him and gave all the decent folk the finger. It would have been more honest.

sidewaysil80
10-08-21, 21:58
ALLEGEDLY he was bullied pretty bad by the same group. I guess a video went viral of him getting his ass beat/jumped.

No way shape or form does that justify his actions and no bond is ludicrous. However if what they’re saying happened is true…it was only a matter of time. Allegedly he was repeatedly robbed, went so far as to rob him and strip him naked in front of other students on one incident have . I’m very curious to see how much (if any?) of that is true.

SteyrAUG
10-09-21, 00:03
ALLEGEDLY he was bullied pretty bad by the same group. I guess a video went viral of him getting his ass beat/jumped.

No way shape or form does that justify his actions and no bond is ludicrous. However if what they’re saying happened is true…it was only a matter of time. Allegedly he was repeatedly robbed, went so far as to rob him and strip him naked in front of other students on one incident have . I’m very curious to see how much (if any?) of that is true.

Also wonder if the victims were random or specifically targeted.

If random, having him out in the open could work against him.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-09-21, 01:01
I guess the kid that bullied him were not white? I have to think if he was being bullied by white kids that would be the headline.

Business_Casual
10-09-21, 06:46
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/08/gofundme-launched-alleged-school-shooter-traumatized/

And yet, we have not reached peak stupid.

prepare
10-09-21, 07:00
This latest move by the doj is certain to restore respect for law and order and deter future school shootings.

mRad
10-09-21, 07:44

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mRad
10-09-21, 07:47
https://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/20211008032439-texas-high-school-shooting-suspect-out-on-bond-student-accused-of-opening-fire-in-classroom-injuring-4-people/#x
WTF is going on with this? White Privledge?
So how do you shoot three people and walk?

You know damn well, if it was a white kid, he would be held without bond. Then when that was appealed, you’d have BLM types, leftists, and all the rest harassing him in attempt to get him to slip.

john armond
10-09-21, 08:19

Modern day incarnation of Bernhard Goetz…but with a time delay between being victim/shooter. I can see how it gets shown that way to the public.

scooter22
10-09-21, 09:02
It's because he's black...

Averageman
10-09-21, 09:16
Modern day incarnation of Bernhard Goetz…but with a time delay between being victim/shooter. I can see how it gets shown that way to the public.

It's irrelevant, so who didn't get teased in school.
Most of this sounds like a beat up half a$$ story, you know, if he got teased that's bad, but, being teased doesn't give you licence to pull a gun and begin shooting people.
Nooo, really this is some BS right off of CNN, all the key phrase words were played, all the noble excuses lined up. BS, he pulled a gun and shot three people.
If someone dies and he doesnt get thirty years in Huntsville, something is sincerly wrong here.
I wonder how Huntsville will work out for his delicate, doesn't like to be teased azz?

jsbhike
10-09-21, 09:24
Columbine turds were allegedly bullied then 10-15 years later the claim changed to their group were the bullies which would fit with the claim they were making death threats that came out early on.

john armond
10-09-21, 09:32
It's irrelevant, so who didn't get teased in school.
Most of this sounds like a beat up half a$$ story, you know, if he got teased that's bad, but, being teased doesn't give you licence to pull a gun and begin shooting people.
Nooo, really this is some BS right off of CNN, all the key phrase words were played, all the noble excuses lined up. BS, he pulled a gun and shot three people.
If someone dies and he doesnt get thirty years in Huntsville, something is sincerly wrong here.
I wonder how Huntsville will work out for his delicate, doesn't like to be teased azz?

Don’t think I am agreeing with the release or how this is going to get played in the media. I’m not saying the Goetz comparison is how it should be viewed at all, just I can see how the modern media could try to spin it that way. As far as I am concerned I don’t see how the hell he got out so fast.

Hell, in Chicago they just had a shooting, I think 4-5 people shot, one killed, some of it caught on camera, and the DAs office dropped all charges citing “Mutual Combatants” as the reason.

We truly are experiencing bizarro world.

john armond
10-09-21, 09:32
Double

jbjh
10-09-21, 13:33

So the shooting happened after/during a classroom fight. Is this turning into a self-defense case?

And I have to ask - if this guy was getting pounded on school grounds, and robbed, why wasn’t was the school doing anything about it? Where were the police?

Honu
10-09-21, 14:20
If this was the case I give you chicago ? Why is so horrid violence gone unreported when children to young to be in school are gunned down ? Why it shows the truth their is a HUGE problem in the black community with what the dems have done to them and they accepted
They are victims they need to abort their children they need to rely on rich white left thinking folks etc...

Its a fallen world !

Averageman
10-09-21, 15:05
So the shooting happened after/during a classroom fight. Is this turning into a self-defense case?

And I have to ask - if this guy was getting pounded on school grounds, and robbed, why wasn’t was the school doing anything about it? Where were the police?

Very good points, if someone is jumped in School and then stripped of his clothing and No One in the School Administration stepped in and did "anything"? I'm sorry, that borders on insane.

Business_Casual
10-09-21, 15:16

Probably fake news. No one in the jury pool ever reads the corrections…

jsbhike
10-09-21, 17:05
Very good points, if someone is jumped in School and then stripped of his clothing and No One in the School Administration stepped in and did "anything"? I'm sorry, that borders on insane.

I could see a school system and legal system being that useless, but if that was the case in this incident it seems unlikely he would be cut loose so quick and easy due to the school and legal entities would be circling the wagons.

jbjh
10-09-21, 17:46
I could see a school system and legal system being that useless, but if that was the case in this incident it seems unlikely he would be cut loose so quick and easy due to the school and legal entities would be circling the wagons.

Why not? The cops and the DA sort stuff out and see that it’s way closer to self-defense than a school shooting. I would assume he could bond out on a weapons charge.

Again, I’m not sure what’s going on in this case, and I haven’t done any reading on it beyond a couple of short articles, but a lot of the initial reports seem to have gone with the easy headline.

mRad
10-09-21, 17:51
Hold on, self-defense? He was defending himself from the female teacher?

john armond
10-09-21, 17:53
Why not? The cops and the DA sort stuff out and see that it’s way closer to self-defense than a school shooting. I would assume he could bond out on a weapons charge.

Again, I’m not sure what’s going on in this case, and I haven’t done any reading on it beyond a couple of short articles, but a lot of the initial reports seem to have gone with the easy headline.

Except he supposedly shot a few people including, I believe, a teacher. Did he have the gun on him when he was getting beat, or did he go retrieve it from somewhere. In the linked news video it said police think they have the weapon, but located several others.

No matter what, something is fishy. If he was getting bullied so much, someone (school, police, parents) should have intervened or it could be some form of dereliction of duty on their part. If he wasn’t than it’s all on him. Either way the shooting is all on him. I honestly don’t know what to make of much of anything anymore.

mRad
10-09-21, 18:17
Except he supposedly shot a few people including, I believe, a teacher. Did he have the gun on him when he was getting beat, or did he go retrieve it from somewhere. In the linked news video it said police think they have the weapon, but located several others.

No matter what, something is fishy. If he was getting bullied so much, someone (school, police, parents) should have intervened. If he wasn’t than it’s all on him. I honestly don’t know what to make of much of anything anymore.

Doesn’t matter how bad he’s bullied, he doesn’t have the right to shoot them.

john armond
10-09-21, 18:19

Don’t know if it came across that way, but that was my point. I am sure the teacher he shot wasn’t bullying him. I edited my original post to be a little clearer.

Remember the good old days when everyone threw some punches, then the teacher came in and got a few subtle licks in while breaking it up.

jsbhike
10-09-21, 18:27

Could be, but look how Rittenhouse(who can be seen on video being attacked) has been handled.

While the legal system has no legal duty to protect, they sure do like to claim it or at least insinuate it and when something happens that shows the advertised claims are very over promised and very under delivered they frequently go in to vindictive little shit mode in a hurry.

Adding an equally insulated school system in to the mix would likely just double down on the face saving shenanigans the average legal system will do.

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 07:57

Not defending THIS guy, but that is a false statement. If a group of guys are beating your ass, you don't know if they are going to let you live or not. Your right to shoot is totally justified.

TAZ
10-11-21, 08:41
Not defending THIS guy, but that is a false statement. If a group of guys are beating your ass, you don't know if they are going to let you live or not. Your right to shoot is totally justified.

Except he didn’t shoot them during the altercation. He shot the wrong people after the fact. So there is that.

This guy was not a defensive shooter. He got his ass beat and decided to get revenge and exacted violence in the wrong people.

john armond
10-11-21, 08:52
Except he didn’t shoot them during the altercation. He shot the wrong people after the fact. So there is that.

This guy was not a defensive shooter. He got his ass beat and decided to get revenge and exacted violence in the wrong people.

Thanks for answering my question as to whether he had the gun on him or went and got it later. That clears it up.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-11-21, 09:45

Like an over the horizon drone hit on innocent people…

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 10:51

Hence, the preface that I wasn't defending THIS guy. Just stating that the general blanket statement is false.

mRad
10-11-21, 13:09

Ummm no. He left the scene and retrieved a firearm to seek vengeance and shot OTHER people.

Jellybean
10-11-21, 13:11

You have to ask that about a education system where you practically can't give bad grades to anyone anymore?
The police? Get involved? For this demographic? Hold on, I need to find my 'hands up don't shoot' sign.
If they had intervened in such a type of 'demographic squabble' it would be viral video in a couple days and national news for a week...

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 13:25
Ummm no. He left the scene and retrieved a firearm to seek vengeance and shot OTHER people.

See post #43. Thanks.

mRad
10-11-21, 13:27
See post #43. Thanks.

Still not false. The term “bullied” is vague and typically does not mean a deadly assault. Again, being bullied doesn’t give you the right to shoot people. Especially other than those “bullying” you. Thanks.

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 13:36
Still not false. The term “bullied” is vague and typically does not mean a deadly assault. Again, being bullied doesn’t give you the right to shoot people. Especially other than those “bullying” you. Thanks.

Let's look at your quote again for reference.

It doesn't reference a deadly assault or does it mention it not being so. It also does not mention "others" either. It is a blanket statement...which is in itself...false.

mRad
10-11-21, 13:59

It doesn't reference a deadly assault or does it mention it not being so. It also does not mention "others" either. It is a blanket statement...which is in itself...false.

bully noun (1)
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.
bul·​ly | \ ˈbu̇-lē , ˈbə- \
plural bullies
Definition of bully (Entry 1 of 4)
1a : a blustering, browbeating person
especially : one who is habitually cruel, insulting, or threatening to others who are weaker, smaller, or in some way vulnerable
tormented by the neighborhood bully

Definition of bully (Entry 2 of 4)
transitive verb
1 : to treat (someone) in a cruel, insulting, threatening, or aggressive fashion : to act like a bully toward
bullied her younger brother
2 : to cause (someone) to do something by means of force or coercion
was bullied into accepting their offer
intransitive verb
: to use language or behavior that is cruel, insulting, threatening, or aggressive

You’re wrong. Just face it. Falling victim to none of these justify use of deadly force, especially retroactively.

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 14:03
bully noun (1)
Save Word
plural bullies
especially : one who is habitually cruel, insulting, or threatening to others who are weaker, smaller, or in some way vulnerable

transitive verb
1 : to treat (someone) in a cruel, insulting, threatening, or aggressive fashion : to act like a bully toward
intransitive verb
: to use language or behavior that is cruel, insulting, threatening, or aggressive

You’re wrong. Just face it. Falling victim to none of these justify use of deadly force, especially retroactively.

OK buddy...You and this isn't worth it.

mRad
10-11-21, 14:04
OK buddy...You and this isn't worth it.

No please, tell me which of those entries justify deadly force. You made a mountain out of a molehill here and tried to prove how right you were and everybody wrong. So you wanted to play semantics. Please…thanks!

SteyrAUG
10-11-21, 14:04

If that is the case, F em.

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 14:08
No please, tell me which of those entries justify deadly force. You made a mountain out of a molehill here and tried to prove how right you were and everybody wrong. So you wanted to play semantics. Please…thanks!

The word force and threatening could qualify. I wasn't proving everybody wrong...just that your blanket statement was false. Thanks.

...and for the record...again...in this case...I totally agree.

Averageman
10-11-21, 14:11
Wow, I really bet he is happy he's Black right about now, maybe Biden can give him a medal?

mRad
10-11-21, 14:11
The word force and threatening could qualify. I wasn't proving everybody wrong...just that your blanket statement was false. Thanks.

Except you didn’t. You don’t get to use deadly force for anything referenced, at least not in any state I know of. Thanks.

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 14:17

Except you didn’t. You don’t get to use deadly force for anything referenced, at least not in any state I know of. Thanks.

Really? You just mentioned "deadly force" in your reply. Isn't this a type of "force"? So you proved my statement right with just your reply. Also, "threatening" is also a broad term. Deadly force is definitely justified if you feel your life is "threatened". Thanks.

mRad
10-11-21, 14:19
Really? You just mentioned "deadly force" in your reply. Isn't this a type of "force"? So you proved my statement right with just your reply. Also, "threatening" is also a broad term. Deadly force is definitely justified if you feel your life is "threatened". Thanks.

No, it doesn’t work that way. I can say, “I’m going to kill you if you eat my last pop tart” but it wouldn’t justify you killing me. Doesn’t work that way.

It requires the qualifier that it is immediate, the person making said threat is being genuine, posturing in such a way that a reasonable person believes they intend to immediately carry out said threat, and a reasonable person believes they are capable of executing said threat immediately.

Your feels don’t matter, pumpkin.

That exceeds the definition of bullying. Thanks.

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 14:36
No, it doesn’t work that way. I can say, “I’m going to kill you if you eat my last pop tart” but it wouldn’t justify you killing me. Doesn’t work that way.

It requires the qualifier that it is immediate, the person making said threat is being genuine, posturing in such a way that a reasonable person believes they intend to immediately carry out said threat, and a reasonable person believes they are capable of executing said threat immediately.

No dude. You are the one who put up the definition. Did you read it and comprehend it? It mentions actual force and threatening behavior. Boom.

bully noun (1)
Save Word
plural bullies

transitive verb
intransitive verb

mRad
10-11-21, 14:41
No dude. You are the one who put up the definition. Did you read it and comprehend it? It mentions actual force and threatening behavior. Boom.

But it doesn’t say threatening one’s life with intention to carry it out, does it? Boom.

Adrenaline_6
10-11-21, 14:45
But it doesn’t say threatening one’s life with intention to carry it out, does it? Boom.

What? LMAO! How does one know another persons intentions? If one feels that their life is threatened and those actions signify that. It is justified. The end. Give it up dude....or go down with the sinking ship...your choice.

jbjh
10-11-21, 14:51
You have to ask that about a education system where you practically can't give bad grades to anyone anymore?
The police? Get involved? For this demographic? Hold on, I need to find my 'hands up don't shoot' sign.
If they had intervened in such a type of 'demographic squabble' it would be viral video in a couple days and national news for a week...

What demographic? High schoolers? If you’re saying that law enforcement isn’t going to get involved, I guess all’s fair for the guy to go get a gun and take care of it himself.

I think a lot of people are applying their experiences from 20 years ago, or more, to the term “bullying”. This stuff is far beyond name calling and wedgies, as it keeps reading as a violent assault and battery case.

For argument’s sake, let’s say the shooter was the kid that was doing the right thing; good family, studying hard, avoiding the bad crowd, etc. But he gets targeted by a group of jag-offs. Then it keeps escalating, and escalating, all the way into beatings and robbery. Reports it, and the school expels a couple of the bad guys. But it doesn’t matter because the rest of the bad crew that weren’t removed by the school are still there. If he goes to school to keep his grades up, trying to graduate and go to college, he’s an even bigger target, and they’ve upped the threats. Where does the good kid go from here?

Does that justify what he did? Nope. But it might be a tad more complex than a bunch of kids thugging on each other.

mRad
10-11-21, 15:21
What? LMAO! How does one know another persons intentions? If one feels that their life is threatened and those actions signify that. It is justified. The end. Give it up dude....or go down with the sinking ship...your choice.

So you’re saying a little old lady in a wheelchair who is paralyzed from the neck down says she’s going to drop a nuclear bomb on your house, you can kill her because of your “feels”? Keep it up….your choice.

Averageman
10-11-21, 16:35
The Shooter was a 18 Senior, the kid he shot was a 15 yo Freshman.
Now, the difference between an 18 year old and a 15 year old is night and day in physical abilities. I call BS on this one.
Bonded Out?

WillieThom
10-11-21, 17:43

bully noun (1)
Save Word
plural bullies

transitive verb
intransitive verb

So you’re saying a little old lady in a wheelchair who is paralyzed from the neck down says she’s going to drop a nuclear bomb on your house, you can kill her because of your “feels”? Keep it up….your choice.

Shut up.

The Shooter was a 18 Senior, the kid he shot was a 15 yo Freshman.
Now, the difference between an 18 year old and a 15 year old is night and day in physical abilities. I call BS on this one.
Bonded Out?

Thank you for being normal.

titsonritz
10-11-21, 18:14
DeCaf may be in order.

WillieThom
10-11-21, 20:31
DeCaf may be in order.

Perhaps.

I’ve been around since 2008. Changed usernames and accounts a few years back (different email, etc.), though I wasn’t a memorable poster even before changing, but damnation those were the good ol’ days, as even in GD it seemed like the grown-ups knew how to be grown up.

Don’t get me wrong—I’m all about good discussions, healthy debates, and even strong disagreements—but when the children come out to play, well…. that’s what shuts down good threads that have (or had) the potential to be real good or even great threads.

jsbhike
10-11-21, 20:34
Kentucky's concealed carry course on the late 1990s referenced a difference between fighting words and death threats. The former was not justification for using deadly force, while the latter was. I don't think Party A calling Party B to make a death threat would empower Party B to track them down and shoot them though.

Honu
10-11-21, 20:53
well he is out and chances are with correct lawyer and prosecutor and judge he will be found innocent by force of public opinion !

yeah if he was constantly bullied like the story goes ? again to early but if that is the case they need to bring up the school people that did not stop it that knew about it etc...

Averageman
10-12-21, 07:01
well he is out and chances are with correct lawyer and prosecutor and judge he will be found innocent by force of public opinion !

yeah if he was constantly bullied like the story goes ? again to early but if that is the case they need to bring up the school people that did not stop it that knew about it etc...

I'm kind of hoping the kids kith and kin come in and get some payback.
Justice served cold is better than no justice at all.

AndyLate
10-12-21, 07:35
I'm kind of hoping the kids kith and kin come in and get some payback.
Justice served cold is better than no justice at all.

I am a terrible person and hope the kid decides his Mom and the judge who released him are bullying him.

Andy

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-12-21, 08:34
Before my ascension to alpha male, I was a geeky science kid- if I had clearance to kill for bullying, I’d make Hathcock look like a piker.. ;)

Sidebar- my son was getting picked on, not even close to bullying, in 5th grade. Really being teased because he would over react. My wife was worried, I talked to him and told her that it would work itself out. By 7th grade my son was 6 feet tall, topped at at almost 6’2 in 8th grade. I knew my family sprouts early, solved the problems.

mRad
10-12-21, 09:57
Shut up.

Thank you for being normal.

No.

mRad
10-12-21, 09:58
Kentucky's concealed carry course on the late 1990s referenced a difference between fighting words and death threats. The former was not justification for using deadly force, while the latter was. I don't think Party A calling Party B to make a death threat would empower Party B to track them down and shoot them though.

Ding ding ding

Averageman
10-12-21, 10:24
I blame half of all bullying on the feminst mantra "There is never a reason to fight." F' all that, sometimes it just the only thing left.

Now going home to get a gat to do your fighting for you, well, that's BS.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-12-21, 11:36
I blame half of all bullying on the feminst mantra "There is never a reason to fight." F' all that, sometimes it just the only thing left.

Yep, if you prevent a little sparing, you build up pressure and it blows.

mRad
10-12-21, 12:33

Yep. This. All this.

Adrenaline_6
10-12-21, 13:30

Read and comprehend. In my post, it says that the actions have to signify the threat. A paralyzed little old lady in a wheel chair doesn't. So stop with the stupid examples that don't even follow what I am stating to begin with. You debate like a woman. You are wrong. Know that your wrong. Yet try and change the narrative and move the goal posts to try and be right. Pretty pitiful and desperation is a stinky cologne.

If a guy says he is going to kill you because your cologne is stinky, take off your clothes and jump in the lake or else, then pulls out a gun/baseball bat/pick a weapon that can kill you, walks towards you and says "eat this st*nky b*tch!"...do you know in fact if he intentionally really wants to kill you or does he just like to bully stinky, desperate people. You don't know....but you do have a right to defend yourself, shoot him, and not wait to find out.

mRad
10-12-21, 13:34
Read and comprehend. In my post, it says that the actions have to signify the threat. A paralyzed little old lady in a wheel chair doesn't. So stop with the stupid examples that don't even follow what I am stating to begin with. You debate like a woman. You are wrong. Know that your wrong. Yet try and change the narrative and move the goal posts to try and be right. Pretty pitiful and desperation is a stinky cologne.

If a guy says he is going to kill you because your cologne is stinky, take off your clothes and jump in the lake or else, then pulls out a gun/baseball bat/pick a weapon that can kill you, walks towards you and says "eat this st*nky b*tch!"...do you know in fact if he intentionally really wants to kill you or does he just like to bully stinky, desperate people. You don't know....but you do have a right to defend yourself, shoot him, and not wait to find out.

That isn’t bullying…and you said “feel” threatened. It’s not based on feels, pumpkin.

Stop with the childish insults. It’s unbecoming of you.

Adrenaline_6
10-12-21, 13:50
That isn’t bullying…and you said “feel” threatened. It’s not based on feels, pumpkin.

Stop with the childish insults. It’s unbecoming of you.

By your own definition - it is.

transitive verb
intransitive verb

...and anytime someone hasn't hurt you yet, but you think you are in grave danger. You are "feeling" threatened.

Definition of Stand Your Ground Law
Noun

A law that allows a citizen to defend himself by any means necessary when his life is threatened, regardless of whether he could have safely left the situation.

mRad
10-12-21, 13:58
By your own definition - it is.

transitive verb
intransitive verb

...and anytime someone hasn't hurt you yet, but you think you are in grave danger. You are "feeling" threatened.

Definition of Stand Your Ground Law
Noun

A law that allows a citizen to defend himself by any means necessary when his life is threatened, regardless of whether he could have safely left the situation.

No, again, those laws require more than feeling. It required a “rational person” to see things in such a manner. Feelings are not a license to kill. See previous example. A rational person would not believe threat was genuinely able to be carried out. You shoot and kill that person, you’re unjustified.

Adrenaline_6
10-12-21, 14:17
No, again, those laws require more than feeling. It required a “rational person” to see things in such a manner. Feelings are not a license to kill. See previous example. A rational person would not believe threat was genuinely able to be carried out. You shoot and kill that person, you’re unjustified.

Correct. I also already mentioned that the actions have to signify that feeling of being threatened and be justified. That wasn't the original disagreement though.

The thing your ignoring is a bunch of bullies threatening to beat your ass certainly qualifies if they verbally threaten to beat your *ss, surround you, and/or start throwing punches. Even more so, if you were already beaten before. Which goes back all the way full circle to the beginning, which you have obviously forgotten in your desperation to try and be right no matter what. Your statements of "Doesn’t matter how bad he’s bullied, he doesn’t have the right to shoot them." and "Again, being bullied doesn’t give you the right to shoot people." is false. It is a general blanket statement that is not true in every situation - therefore it is false.

Get it now? Please get it.

mRad
10-12-21, 14:34
Correct. I also already mentioned that the actions have to signify that feeling of being threatened and be justified. That wasn't the original disagreement though.

The thing your ignoring is a bunch of bullies threatening to beat your ass certainly qualifies if they verbally threaten to beat your *ss, surround you, and/or start throwing punches. Even more so, if you were already beaten before. Which goes back all the way full circle to the beginning, which you have obviously forgotten in your desperation to try and be right no matter what. Your statements of "Doesn’t matter how bad he’s bullied, he doesn’t have the right to shoot them." and "Again, being bullied doesn’t give you the right to shoot people." is false. It is a general blanket statement that is not true in every situation - therefore it is false.

As you try to bring up “stand your ground” and so on to muddy the waters, again, no level of bullying gives one the right to kill somebody.

Many states actually have specific legislation that covers “bullying” and even defines the phrase in a legal context.

Somebody trying to kill you, which exceeds the definition of bullying, may in some circumstances.

And again, this little turd in the situation in question doesn’t have the right.

Adrenaline_6
10-12-21, 14:45
As you try to bring up “stand your ground” and so on to muddy the waters, again, no level of bullying gives one the right to kill somebody.

Many states actually have specific legislation that covers “bullying” and even defines the phrase in a legal context.

Somebody trying to kill you, which exceeds the definition of bullying, may in some circumstances.

And again, this little turd in the situation in question doesn’t have the right.

OMG dude. Bullying can be life threatening. People die from hazing. That is a form of bullying. Bullies threatening to beat your *ss is also bullying. It happens all the time. You don't have to get your *ss beat by a bunch of bullies...period. End of story, because no one knows how far the beating will go. You could die from it. So therefore, if they try, you can shoot them. That is what stand your ground is. There is nothing muddy here. They all relate.

Your right, this turd didn't have the right. That isn't what is being discussed though. Your false blanket statement about bullying is...and it is wrong.

glocktogo
10-12-21, 14:51

Except it is 100% true in this case. The shooter had no legal right whatsoever to even possess a handgun in this case. He definitely had no right to shoot his English teacher during the melee. That wasn't self-defense and can't be justified.

Adrenaline_6
10-12-21, 14:58
Except it is 100% true in this case. The shooter had no legal right whatsoever to even possess a handgun in this case. He definitely had no right to shoot his English teacher during the melee. That wasn't self-defense and can't be justified.

Not blaming you for not following the whole debate, but that isn't what is being discussed. I agreed in the beginning that this shooter was totally wrong. What is being discussed is that no form of bullying justifies the right for you to kill the bullies. That is wrong.

Renegade
10-12-21, 14:58
The shooter had no legal right whatsoever to even possess a handgun in this case.

Gov Abbott said similar stuff, but gave no explanation why. Sure he cannot have it on school grounds, but unless he is a prohibited person, he can certainly buy and own a handgun.

mRad
10-12-21, 14:59
OMG dude. Bullying can be life threatening. People die from hazing. That is a form of bullying. Bullies threatening to beat your *ss is also bullying. It happens all the time. You don't have to get your *ss beat by a bunch of bullies...period. End of story, because no one knows how far the beating will go. You could die from it. So therefore, if they try, you can shoot them. That is what stand your ground is. There is nothing muddy here. They all relate.

Your right, this turd didn't have the right. That isn't what is being discussed though. Your false blanket statement about bullying is...and it is wrong.

Again, when your life is in danger, it exceeds bullying and turns into good ole A&B or even worse….

Adrenaline_6
10-12-21, 15:03
Again, when your life is in danger, it exceeds bullying and turns into good ole A&B or even worse….

Bullying can be a form of assault. Look it up.

Renegade
10-12-21, 15:08
Here is a thought, let us see what Texas Code says makes DF justified:

Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:

Sec. 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON. (a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:
(1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31; and
(2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force;

"Reasonable believes"
"immediately necessary"
"Protect against ... unlawful deadly force"

Honu
10-12-21, 21:02
I am a terrible person and hope the kid decides his Mom and the judge who released him are bullying him.

Andy

Glad I wasnt drinking anything when I read that did give me a good chuckle :)

Boy Scout
10-14-21, 00:03
When stories don’t smell right, and stuff doesn’t make sense (well, anything in 2020/2021, but I digress) you call your buddy on Arlington PD.

Kid and his family are known drug dealers and relocated to the Arlington area after immense legal trouble elsewhere. Kid was slinging dope in the school and some kids were standing up to him. He took umbrage to their desire not to buy his product and went into a class that he was not enrolled in to attack one of the students that “had his name in his mouth” and attempted to fight him in the middle of class. The intended victim was better than him physically so he went to the gun.

The family is trying to get ahead of it by claiming the “bullied” line. Once people heal up it will hit the news.

Honu
10-14-21, 01:21
Always something for sure but will be interesting another he was a good boy defense coming I am sure and all that will be buried or will be poor child had to move from another location cause he was bullied there to he just cant get a break

When stories don’t smell right, and stuff doesn’t make sense (well, anything in 2020/2021, but I digress) you call your buddy on Arlington PD.

Kid and his family are known drug dealers and relocated to the Arlington area after immense legal trouble elsewhere. Kid was slinging dope in the school and some kids were standing up to him. He took umbrage to their desire not to buy his product and went into a class that he was not enrolled in to attack one of the students that “had his name in his mouth” and attempted to fight him in the middle of class. The intended victim was better than him physically so he went to the gun.

The family is trying to get ahead of it by claiming the “bullied” line. Once people heal up it will hit the news.

jbjh
10-14-21, 10:01

Now that’s a flip in the script! It makes him binding out even more bizarre, but I don’t understand how bail works in loads of cases.

SteyrAUG
10-15-21, 01:19

Man, that's a completely different film than the one they intended us to see. Hope everyone remembers which judge allowed him to bond out when the directors cut is finally released.

Honu
10-15-21, 01:26
Woke blm so untouchable by all media
You can outrage but you are white so you dont count

The new world we live in sadly

Man, that's a completely different film than the one they intended us to see. Hope everyone remembers which judge allowed him to bond out when the directors cut is finally released.

jbjh
10-15-21, 02:18

I’m at a bar in Hollywood right now, and as someone who literally grew up in the industry, I gotta tell you that my bartender looked at me fu not when I laughed out loud!

Thanks for making the next hour of answering emails while drinking not suck so hard!

SteyrAUG
10-15-21, 18:52
Woke blm so untouchable by all media
You can outrage but you are white so you dont count

The new world we live in sadly

But I'm trans black...

Averageman
10-15-21, 19:15
The media is dead silent on this, not a story since he was released.
Compare and contrast folks, compare and contrast...

mRad
10-15-21, 20:32
But I'm trans black...

I told them at work I was trans-vaccinated. How dare they deny my reality!

Honu
10-15-21, 23:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqert8UmW1Qso this now

Honu
10-23-21, 22:44
Update changed above with vid link

Grendelshooter
10-25-21, 20:19
Some animals are more equal than others.
White Americans thy name is boxer.

teufelhund1918
10-26-21, 08:16
The "immigrant" charged with 3 counts of murder who ran from the police, then crashed into 3 valets killing them has made bond. I'm sure we'll see him at his court date. It seems that non citizens in this country... or on their way to it... have more rights than the legit citizens of this country. Crazy times we are in....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-teenager-immigrant-charged-murder-valets-bail