PDA

View Full Version : 6920 & prvi?

castle
12-12-08, 14:40
i had my new (couple weeks old) 6920 out to the range yesterday. i was shooting prvi 55gr m193. after i cam home and strippthe rifle down i noticed little red flecks on the bolt face and inside the receiver. is this the sealer that's used on the primers? that's the only thing i could think of.

the range trip went pretty well consider how cold it was. about 17F, with little to no wind. i was setting it up for the IBSZ, so was only shooting at 50 yds. took no time to get it dialed in and then i was shooting about 1.5 - 2" groups for a short while. it wasn't long before my firing hand was ice-cold. then my shooting started to suffer so i packed it up.

do you guys shoot when it's bitter cold out? any tips?

taliv
12-12-08, 14:46
i think so. all my guns have red flaky rings on the bolt face after shooting prvi

i don't go out when it's cold. i'm a wuss

markm
12-12-08, 14:49
That's primer sealant. Get a silencer. That'll give you something to warm the hands on. :eek:

warpigM-4
12-12-08, 14:52
shooting gloves

JackOSU
12-12-08, 15:11
shooting gloves

That's what I was thinking. Unless he decides to run it hard and try the barrel ;)

Fire_Medic
12-12-08, 15:13
Primer sealant similar to the one on Wolf Ammo, just make sure to clean it after you shoot it and you'll have no issues. :)

castle
12-12-08, 15:15
That's primer sealant. Get a silencer. That'll give you something to warm the hands on. :eek:

lol. actually i'd love one, but they're illegal in my state. they claim it's due to poaching. as with most other gun laws......poaching still happens.

i was happy to be out even though it was so cold. i like the piece of mind that comes with knowing how it will shoot in the cold, and knowing it's reliable in subfreezing temps.

RGT
12-12-08, 17:17
My 6920 lives on Prvi M193 and has never had a problem with it so you should be GTG.

As for the cold hands... Sorry, I can't help you out on that one. I live in Florida. :D

QuickStrike
12-12-08, 17:38
Just shoot a lot and warm your hands on the barrel. :p

I bought some batting gloves, they keep my hands warm when shooting. When I'm not shooting, my hands are in pockets.

Edit: Never tried pocket pool, but it might help too! :cool:

Fire_Medic
12-12-08, 18:40
My 6920 lives on Prvi M193 and has never had a problem with it so you should be GTG.

As for the cold hands... Sorry, I can't help you out on that one. I live in Florida. :D

+1 for the FL weather. December and it's in the 70's. :D

Mr.Goodtimes
12-12-08, 22:30
eh its kinda chilly here in valrico tonight, its in the low forties been kinda chilly all day :(

MassMark
12-13-08, 00:03
Get some HotHands minis and slip them into your gloves - works like a charm..:cool:

castle
12-13-08, 09:36
i'll be looking into gloves. thought about surplus mittens that have the trigger finger cutout too. are there any precautions to shooting say in single digits?

you guys don't know what you're missing, it was -10 here the other night.:D

stickM
12-20-08, 07:14
Get some old rags...tear them into strips...dip the strips in kerosene...then tie the strips around your ankles. It won't keep you warm, but it'll keep ants from crawling up your legs and eating your candy ass!:D
Just JOKING...it's my first post and I'm the biggest cold weather wuss of all. I love bowhunting but can't even stay still when it'e 32 here in SC. I'm lovin this sight and hope to get my first AR (M&P)for Christmas though I ain't been good. Happy Holidays All!!!

Caeser25
12-20-08, 07:51
That's what I was thinking. Unless he decides to run it hard and try the barrel ;)

I was at the range over in the sandbox and after running m16 hard in +130F, it was about to take a dive into the sand, I went to grab it I missed the handguard and grabbed the barrel:eek all I had were some cheap $20 hatch gloves, I had a small little bubble. But nothing like I thought it was going to be, given the conditions.

I also dropped an m249, barel first, into the snow after running 3, 200 rounds drums through it while training for the sandbox, just your typical PFC:o typical backasswards Uncle Sam, we're gonna train you for the desert in arctic conditions:D