PDA

View Full Version : American Oath Initiative

marco.g
10-14-21, 16:04
Tony is a squared away guy and is working with others in the industry like Mike Glover to put this together. Basically they are recruiting and funding vets to run for political office (he’s been critical of the Crenshaw types). I’m not the biggest believer in elections, but if we can effect change at a local level it’s a start.

Consider taking a look:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVA1h8Agqx-/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://americanoathinitiative.org/

mRad
10-14-21, 16:21
Isn’t that the guy that cheated at USPSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marco.g
10-14-21, 16:23
Isn’t that the guy that cheated at USPSA?

Pretty sure that was bs ig drama.

mRad
10-14-21, 16:24
Pretty sure that was bs ig drama.

Nope, it wasn’t. The data was clear. Dude is a cheater and should not be in any leadership position.

marco.g
10-14-21, 16:29
Nope, it wasn’t. The data was clear. Dude is a cheater and should not be in any leadership position.

Ah yes the arbiter of truth is here to muck up another thread. Surprise.

Voodoochild
10-14-21, 16:45
mRad can you show your homework? Making accusations you're going to need to back them up.

mRad
10-14-21, 16:49
mRad can you show your homework? Making accusations you're going to need to back them up.

Better yet, I’ll tell you how to find it yourself, since the other party in this thread wouldn’t believe it if I screen shot it for him…

Search for his USPSA number. Get on the practiscore competitor app. Then look at the edits in 2018 and 2019. They will show his home range his scores were consistently edited in his favor on classifier stages. You’ll also see that he scores much higher on classifiers at home than he did at any other range.

Or if you’re lazy, Ben Stoeger made several posts with the proof in them. Either way, dude cheated.

Hush
10-14-21, 16:54
Good, ALL politicians cheat, lie and steal. Its time we get some on our side.

mRad
10-14-21, 16:55
Good, ALL politicians cheat, lie and steal. Its time we get some on our side.

But cheating at shooting sports to improve his business?

Integrity matters.

For the lazy:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2802424359768979&id=581420898536014&set=pcb.2802424599768955&source=48&refid=13&__tn__=%2B%3E

https://m.facebook.com/PracticalPistol/posts/2797701686907913

Note, there is an astronomical amount of evidence , these are just two posts.

Hush
10-14-21, 16:58
I don't want a republican politician with integrity. That's how you get a worthless asshole who thinks he's taking the moral high road, like mittens Romney. We need a brawler who is willing to fight dirty and eye gouge on our side.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

mRad
10-14-21, 16:58
I don't want a republican politician with integrity. That's how you get a worthless asshole who thinks he's taking the moral high road, like mittens Romney. We need a brawler who is willing to fight dirty and eye gouge on our side.

Can you trust him not to stab you in the back, too?

marco.g
10-14-21, 17:06
Why was the suspension not upheld? Who cares about gun game queens.

Stick to the topic.

Hush
10-14-21, 17:07
At this point, I don't care. I will vote for anyone and anything willing to upset, cheat, or destroy this rotten political system we're stuck with. And I hadn't planned on ever voting again.

mRad
10-14-21, 17:11
Why was the suspension not upheld? Who cares about gun game queens.

Stick to the topic.

Why? $$$ and influence.

Did you review evidence? He’s a cheater. If you cheat at a “gun game” on multiple occasions, I don’t trust anything he’s going to say in the video. Hell, he may be trying to find a way to suck money out of people.

marco.g
10-14-21, 17:14
Why? $$$ and influence.

Did you review evidence? He’s a cheater. If you cheat at a “gun game” on multiple occasions, I don’t trust anything he’s going to say in the video. Hell, he may be trying to find a way to suck money out of people.

Yea I don’t care.

You’re just being annoying at this point. Get a hobby other than arguing online.

mRad
10-14-21, 17:15
Yea I don’t care.

You’re just being annoying at this point. Get a hobby other than arguing online.

I’ve got one. USPSA.

I clicked the link. Three “opportunities” to “contribute” on page one. All about an opportunity to suck some money out of us.

I’m out, but I want everyone to have the information this dude is a fraud and cheated at a game to help his business credentials.

marco.g
10-14-21, 17:18
It’s clear uspsa is your life. Good for you man.

Check the endorsements tab and you can see individual candidates. Then use your google skills for something constructive.

jsbhike
10-14-21, 17:42

Romney is an asshole due to taking the immoral low road and has great worth for the side he is on and is very true to that side.

Averageman
10-14-21, 17:53
Romney is an asshole due to taking the immoral low road and has great worth for the side he is on and is very true to that side.

Romney is an asshole for a lot of reasons, the immoral low road? Hell, the guys on tape making bargain's with abortionists, that's not very Latter Day Saint if you ask me.

SteyrAUG
10-15-21, 01:12

Mitt "Assault Weapon Ban" Romney is hardly any kind of moral high ground. He's as POS as they come.

Alex V
10-15-21, 09:59

At this point, I don't care. I will vote for anyone and anything willing to upset, cheat, or destroy this rotten political system we're stuck with. And I hadn't planned on ever voting again.

Bingo!

Politics is a dirty game, if we keep looking for clean people to play they will continue to lose.

I want someone who will put a dead hooker and an 8-ball in the truck of his/her Democrat opponent's car to win.

I don't care how the Right wins, I just want to see the win at this point.

In the words of Orwell:

"You are prepared to cheat, to forge, to blackmail, to corrupt the minds of children, to distribute habit-forming drugs, to encourage prostitution, to disseminate venereal diseases — to do anything which is likely to cause demoralization and weaken the power of the Party? If, for example, it would somehow serve our interests to throw sulphuric acid in a child’s face — are you prepared to do that?"

marco.g
10-15-21, 10:07
The left played the long game of subversion for how many decades? We’re behind the curve for sure, but it can be reversed.

They overplayed their hand and the average American is not on board. The opportunity should be taken. Most of us don’t want to be bothered being involved in politics, but we can at least support those of us who do.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 10:43
No thank you, I don't believe in "the ends justify the means".

Hush
10-15-21, 10:44
No thank you, I don't believe in "the ends justify the means".That right there is why the GOP keeps losing.

mRad
10-15-21, 10:45
Bingo!

Politics is a dirty game, if we keep looking for clean people to play they will continue to lose.

I want someone who will put a dead hooker and an 8-ball in the truck of his/her Democrat opponent's car to win.

I don't care how the Right wins, I just want to see the win at this point.

In the words of Orwell:

"You are prepared to cheat, to forge, to blackmail, to corrupt the minds of children, to distribute habit-forming drugs, to encourage prostitution, to disseminate venereal diseases — to do anything which is likely to cause demoralization and weaken the power of the Party? If, for example, it would somehow serve our interests to throw sulphuric acid in a child’s face — are you prepared to do that?"

If you don’t care how the right wins, are you willing to just start eliminating opposition? Gas chambers?

Hush
10-15-21, 10:47
You don't even have to cheat, all you have to do is call out the opposition and tell the truth like Trump did and even that made the establishment Republicans squirm and cross their legs.

mRad
10-15-21, 10:48
You don't even have to cheat, all you have to do is call out the opposition and tell the truth like Trump did and even that made the establishment Republicans squirm and cross their legs.

The problem is thinking the republicans are in your side.

Hush
10-15-21, 10:49
Oh they are absolutely not, but right now they're the only thing close to a side we've got. We just need to clean house a little bit.

TomMcC
That right there is why the GOP keeps losing.

I'm not part of the GOP, and I'm not part of you. I don't and haven't for a long time trusted in princes or men. I trust in my God and the ways of righteousness. You can trust in your dirty tricks I suppose. Is this how you run your personal life? Do whatever it takes to get whatever you want?

Hush
Trying to run an independent or third party candidate is a pipe dream.

mRad
10-15-21, 10:50
Trying to run an independent or third party candidate is a pipe dream.

I’d submit that changing the GOP is as well.

Hush
10-15-21, 10:56
I'm not part of the GOP, and I'm not part of you. I don't and haven't for a long time trusted in princes or men. I trust in my God and the ways of righteousness. You can trust in your dirty tricks I suppose. Is this how you run your personal life? Do whatever it takes to get whatever you want?Politics is not life, it's a game we are forced to play but it doesn't mean we have to play by the rules.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 11:08
Politics is not life, it's a game we are forced to play but it doesn't mean we have to play by the rules.

Rules? You evidently don't have rules. And politics isn't a game, shooting 3gun is a game. Getting into a position of power to make laws that affect the lives of millions of people is hardly a game.

Todd.K
10-15-21, 11:51

I just hope my boxcar to the gulag is filled with “real, principled conservatives” like you, and not the icky MAGA type that were more interested in defeating communism.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 12:20
I just hope my boxcar to the gulag is filled with “real, principled conservatives” like you, and not the icky MAGA type that were more interested in defeating communism.

So, it's your assumption that I won't engage in legitimate self defense? IMO, we're still a ways off from box cars, and to use Nazi imagery is a bit hysterical.

And since you don't seem to have solid and good practices...are you willing to put people in box cars just like the leftists? By any means necessary...RIGHT?

glocktogo
10-15-21, 12:21

If you don’t care how the right wins, are you willing to just start eliminating opposition? Gas chambers?

Then you get the fate you deserve.

Rules? You evidently don't have rules. And politics isn't a game, shooting 3gun is a game. Getting into a position of power to make laws that affect the lives of millions of people is hardly a game.

Oh its still very much a game, just a game with higher stakes. Right now the opposing team is openly cheating, the fans don't care and not playing isn't an option because the stakes still apply regardless.

If you're not ready to be the sore loser who flips over the table on them, then learn to adapt, improvise and overcome. Otherwise you're just roadkill on the street to the stadium. :dirol:

TomMcC
10-15-21, 12:25

Oh its still very much a game, just a game with higher stakes. Right now the opposing team is openly cheating, the fans don't care and not playing isn't an option because the stakes still apply regardless.

If you're not ready to be the sore loser who flips over the table on them, then learn to adapt, improvise and overcome. Otherwise you're just roadkill on the street to the stadium. :dirol:

And of course you deserve your fate too. I just don't happen to believe that death is the end and I certainly do believe that there are things worst than death. Now get to your thuggery and loading up your box cars.

"game":a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck. Don't think politics and legislating qualifies.

mRad
10-15-21, 12:26
Wow, if you’re not willing to murder innocent people “you get the fate you deserve”.

Thanks, I’ll take that.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 12:37
Wow, if you’re not willing to murder innocent people “you get the fate you deserve”.

Thanks, I’ll take that.

It seems that leftists aren't innocent. In a sense that is right. BUT, there is a huge difference in killing someone because of their ideas, and administering justice for a person's acts. In the end it will become impossible to distinguish between the left and the right, they will all use the same murderous methods.

glocktogo
10-15-21, 12:41
And of course you deserve your fate too. I just don't happen to believe that death is the end and I certainly do believe that there are things worst than death. Now get to your thuggery and loading up your box cars.

"game":a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck. Don't think politics and legislating qualifies.

Thanks, I’ll take that.

You guys are the ones who Godwin'd this thread. It's funny that you believe your brand of histrionic hyperbole is superior to anyone else's. :haha:

TomMcC
10-15-21, 12:54
You guys are the ones who Godwin'd this thread. It's funny that you believe your brand of histrionic hyperbole is superior to anyone else's. :haha:

Let's see, cheat, play dirty, dead hookers, 8 balls, and box cars, destroy, you deserve your fate and my "hyperbole" is the problem. Sure buddy.

mRad
10-15-21, 12:58
It seems that leftists aren't innocent. In a sense that is right. BUT, there is a huge difference in killing someone because of their ideas, and administering justice for a person's acts. In the end it will become impossible to distinguish between the left and the right, they will all use the same murderous methods.

You’re absolutely right, punish for actions. Not ideology or state of being.

glocktogo
10-15-21, 13:25
Let's see, cheat, play dirty, dead hookers, 8 balls, and box cars, destroy, you deserve your fate and my "hyperbole" is the problem. Sure buddy.

Hyperbole, smug arrogance, same, same...

Hush
10-15-21, 13:28

If you're not ready to be the sore loser who flips over the table on them, then learn to adapt, improvise and overcome. Otherwise you're just roadkill on the street to the stadium. :dirol:Bingo. If you don't realize it's a game, you're the one getting played. It's a rigged game, run by cheaters, you have no stake and no say, but the rules and consequences still apply to you regardless. Keep pretending your vote actually matters, keep thinking right and virtue matter to anyone else but you and your maker. I'll be over here in reality, seeing whats actually happening right before our eyes.

Todd.K
10-15-21, 13:29
So, it's your assumption that I won't engage in legitimate self defense? IMO, we're still a ways off from box cars, and to use Nazi imagery is a bit hysterical.
I can see part of our problem here is a lack of understanding history. The gulag is communist, not nazi. People always go straight to nazi as if they were some unusual evil in all of history. They were a regular evil with German efficiency and even then it’s their focus rather than scale that really set them apart. Communism actually killed way more innocents, WAY MORE.

And no, we are not that far off from an authoritarian rounding up dissenters here.

And since you don't seem to have solid and good practices...are you willing to put people in box cars just like the leftists? By any means necessary...RIGHT?

I will support a politician with a less than ideal personality, if they are willing to actually fight communism. It’s transactional for me, not some extension of my perfect character.

I would take a Franco or Pinochet over a Pol Pot or Stalin or Mao. We aren’t at that level yet, but we are never given a perfect choice.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 13:33
Hyperbole, smug arrogance, same, same...

Now I'm smugly arrogant. You want to point out my stinky feet and I secretly lust after men next?

I point out that what people are contemplating is objectively wrong and that doing what evil men do is not effective in the long run, and I'm arrogant. So be it.

Just in case you didn't know, "hyperbole" and "smug arrogance" aren't remotely the same thing.

Hush
10-15-21, 13:35
https://youtu.be/Nyvxt1svxso
In case you haven't figured it out yet

TomMcC
10-15-21, 13:41
I can see part of our problem here is a lack of understanding history. The gulag is communist, not nazi. People always go straight to nazi as if they were some unusual evil in all of history. They were a regular evil with German efficiency and even then it’s their focus rather than scale that really set them apart. Communism actually killed way more innocents, WAY MORE.

And no, we are not that far off from an authoritarian rounding up dissenters here.

I will support a politician with a less than ideal personality, if they are willing to actually fight communism. It’s transactional for me, not some extension of my perfect character.

I would take a Franco or Pinochet over a Pol Pot or Stalin or Mao. We aren’t at that level yet, but we are never given a perfect choice.

And how is this rounding up of dissenters supposed to take place? I don't see an effective round up machine in place or even close to one being in place...unlike the Nazis and Soviets. Even if something like the corrupt FBI started trying to round up people for the camps, they may get a few hundred before the word got out and the agents would be engaging in pitched gun fights all over the country. I just don't see it happening in my life time.

Hush
10-15-21, 13:52
And how is this rounding up of dissenters supposed to take place? I don't see an effective round up machine in place or even close to one being in place...unlike the Nazis and Soviets. Even if something like the corrupt FBI started trying to round up people for the camps, they may get a few hundred before the word got out and the agents would be engaging in pitched gun fights all over the country. I just don't see it happening in my life time.

Everyone seems to think there will be some blatantly obvious red line where they will finally stand up and fight. We're the frog in the boiling water, and its already well over 100 degrees. If having an election stolen before our eyes, having political prisoners still in jail while BLM rioters are bailed out by politicians and freed by activist judges, and mass firings without compensation for refusing an experimental vaccine hasn't done it yet....I have zero faith in the crazy boogaloo boys and neckbeard threepers, and even less in the "principled conservatives" and morally righteous out there either. By the time its time to fight, we will be WAY behind the 8-ball. Nobody wants to be the first, and here we are fighting amongst eachother instead of uniting and fighting together, which is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT.

glocktogo
10-15-21, 13:56
Now I'm smugly arrogant. You want to point out my stinky feet and I secretly lust after men next?

I point out that what people are contemplating is objectively wrong and that doing what evil men do is not effective in the long run, and I'm arrogant. So be it.

Just in case you didn't know, "hyperbole" and "smug arrogance" aren't remotely the same thing.

I didn't say you're smugly arrogant. I implied that your posts fairly reek of smug arrogance, smothered in a creamy layer of hyperbole. Focus on the actions, not the person.

And hey, what you wear and who you do in your closet is no one's business but your own. And the person(s) you're doing it with of course. ;)

Funny, seems like the FBI just rounded up around 600 and put them in prisons without bail or trial for months, (and they're still hunting for more). Yet those "pitched gunfights" you've alluded to sound awfully silent. Now why is that? Suppressors? Media blackouts? :confused:

TomMcC
10-15-21, 14:24
I didn't say you're smugly arrogant. I implied that your posts fairly reek of smug arrogance, smothered in a creamy layer of hyperbole. Focus on the actions, not the person.

And hey, what you wear and who you do in your closet is no one's business but your own. And the person(s) you're doing it with of course. ;)

Funny, seems like the FBI just rounded up around 600 and put them in prisons without bail or trial for months, (and they're still hunting for more). Yet those "pitched gunfights" you've alluded to sound awfully silent. Now why is that? Suppressors? Media blackouts? :confused:

So you implied arrogance without actually saying it...sounds like sophistry to me.

As for the FBI rounding up 600, yes, I consider it troubling, but the people they arrested did break the law, is their treatment justified, no, is it equivalent to what the Nazis and Soviets did to people, no. They will get out of jail.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 14:28
Everyone seems to think there will be some blatantly obvious red line where they will finally stand up and fight. We're the frog in the boiling water, and its already well over 100 degrees. If having an election stolen before our eyes, having political prisoners still in jail while BLM rioters are bailed out by politicians and freed by activist judges, and mass firings without compensation for refusing an experimental vaccine hasn't done it yet....I have zero faith in the crazy boogaloo boys and neckbeard threepers, and even less in the "principled conservatives" and morally righteous out there either. By the time its time to fight, we will be WAY behind the 8-ball. Nobody wants to be the first, and here we are fighting amongst eachother instead of uniting and fighting together, which is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT.

Well son, then get to cheating, lying, intimidating, and shooting, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????? Me to agree with you?

By the way, who you going to jack first?

Hush
10-15-21, 14:32
We don't need fighters as much as we need the Mitt Romney types and other useful idiots to just get off their moral soapboxes and out of the way.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 14:37
We don't need fighters as much as we need the Mitt Romney types and other useful idiots to just get off their moral soapboxes and out of the way.

That would take voting him out. Since reasoning with fools like Mitt doesn't work.....and I thought voting didn't work? What's left? Violence? Maybe someday?

Adrenaline_6
10-15-21, 14:40
I find it hilarious that people take a persons comments about not playing fair to automatically mean "kill innocent people" and "loading them into boxcars". There are levels of not playing fair. Multiple levels. Working the system in your favor isn't really "fair" but still falls into the legal category.

As far as politics not being a game. A whole super popular series called "Game of Thrones" showed how much a "game" it can be. By definition a game doesn't necessarily mean it's fun and good.

Taking just one of it's the definitions and saying "see it isn't one" is also "cheating" - I guess the end justifies the means in that case then?

Hush
10-15-21, 14:42
The left uses violence and the threat of violence to great effect, with zero legal or political consequences. Seattle, Kenosha, Portland, and every other city that was burned and looted.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 14:57
I find it hilarious that people take a persons comments about not playing fair to automatically mean "kill innocent people" and "loading them into boxcars". There are levels of not playing fair. Multiple levels. Working the system in your favor isn't really "fair" but still falls into the legal category.

As far as politics not being a game. A whole super popular series called "Game of Thrones" showed how much a "game" it can be. By definition a game doesn't necessarily mean it's fun and good.

Taking just one of it's the definitions and saying "see it isn't one" is also "cheating" - I guess the end justifies the means in that case then?

Let's see, "putting dead hookers and 8 balls" in the cars of the opposition leftist is JUST not "playing fair", it's wickedness. Cheating isn't just just some harmless past time like playing football, it's wickedness. How far our standards have fallen. To beat the leftists, we must become them. To me, the right is already defeated with that attitude.

"Game of Thrones" is a TV show for pete sake, a make believe world. politics is real

Hush
10-15-21, 15:00
You haven't lost the will to fight and win...you never had it in the first place.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 15:02
The left uses violence and the threat of violence to great effect, with zero legal or political consequences. Seattle, Kenosha, Portland, and every other city that was burned and looted.

And what do you want to do? Detach unjust violence even more from legal consequences because it suits your righteous cause. The left has used violence in a most perverted way, always has, but are their methods the way to your goals?

TomMcC
10-15-21, 15:05
You haven't lost the will to fight and win...you never had it in the first place.

You have no idea what my goals are. This isn't some situation "To win". What I pray for isn't some restoration of our wonderful "constitutional republic". Our constitutional republic was for me, the main problem to begin with.

Todd.K
10-15-21, 19:03
And how is this rounding up of dissenters supposed to take place? I don't see an effective round up machine in place or even close to one being in place...unlike the Nazis and Soviets.

I can only point you towards learning some history. Generally nobody really sees it coming. Sort of, because you can often see all the ingredients are there, but not the spark that sets it off, until it does. Sometimes there is no spark.

Someone randomly assassinated a prince and WWI kicks off. Same region different time, communism collapses and civil war with horrific ethnic cleansing begins.

I can’t tell you when or how. I personally think it’s going to look more like the Spanish Civil War. It involved a rigged election, purge of religion and nationalism from schools and the military, anarchist street riots… but you’re probably right, none of that stuff could happen here.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 20:01
I can only point you towards learning some history. Generally nobody really sees it coming. Sort of, because you can often see all the ingredients are there, but not the spark that sets it off, until it does. Sometimes there is no spark.

Someone randomly assassinated a prince and WWI kicks off. Same region different time, communism collapses and civil war with horrific ethnic cleansing begins.

I can’t tell you when or how. I personally think it’s going to look more like the Spanish Civil War. It involved a rigged election, purge of religion and nationalism from schools and the military, anarchist street riots… but you’re probably right, none of that stuff could happen here.

Fair enough. I do try to keep my eyes and ears opened to the bad intensions of the left.

Hush
10-15-21, 20:04
Fair enough. I do try to keep my eyes and ears opened to the bad intensions of the left.It took a frighteningly short time for a civilized, advanced society to go from rhetoric to mass execution and cremation, and that was less than 80 years ago. That vitriol and hatred exists in the hearts of the left, and they think they're the saviors of humanity and the planet.

marco.g
10-15-21, 20:46
They may not be trying to put us in literal boxcars. But they’re definitely aiming for Australian style tyranny where the whole society is the camp. And only the ones that play along get the odd benefit here and there.

We don’t even need to play dirty. We just need to put some effort into the fight beyond pulling a lever every couple years.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 21:36
It took a frighteningly short time for a civilized, advanced society to go from rhetoric to mass execution and cremation, and that was less than 80 years ago. That vitriol and hatred exists in the hearts of the left, and they think they're the saviors of humanity and the planet.

Then work at convincing others of the dangers of the left. The people in my church (a small congregation) are acutely aware of the dangers of the left. Those I know outside my church range from pretty aware to "I really don't give a crap, because I'm caught up in my money, toys and leisure". They know Biden is a jerk and incompetent, but evil...nah. And for those times when persuasion and voting don't work, and they're knocking on your door to hall you off for your bad thoughts....then keep your powder dry and go out with a pile of empty .223 cases at your feet. But that last one is a last resort.

Adrenaline_6
10-15-21, 21:39
Let's see, "putting dead hookers and 8 balls" in the cars of the opposition leftist is JUST not "playing fair", it's wickedness. Cheating isn't just just some harmless past time like playing football, it's wickedness. How far our standards have fallen. To beat the leftists, we must become them. To me, the right is already defeated with that attitude.

"Game of Thrones" is a TV show for pete sake, a make believe world. politics is real

Look up all the definitions of what a game is and get back to me. You cherry picked one that supports your narrow minded definition of it and ran with it. In other words, you yourself cheated. Not very becoming of you. Go get the definitions and get back to me. Politics is most certainly a game.

TomMcC
10-15-21, 21:46
Look up all the definitions of what a game is and get back to me. You cherry picked one that supports your narrow minded definition of it and ran with it. In other words, you yourself cheated. Not very becoming of you. Go get the definitions and get back to me. Politics is most certainly a game.

I picked the first and most widely used definition.

Here...https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/game

I didn't cheat or cherry pick, I just don't agree with using that term, which most people using the term for politics seem to imply a "not serious" view of this most serious activity.

Adrenaline_6
10-15-21, 21:52
I picked the first and most widely used definition.

Here...https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/game

I didn't cheat or cherry pick, I just don't agree with using that term, which most people using the term for politics seem to imply a "not serious" view of this most serious activity.

That's part of the problem though. Games can be serious and have serious consequences.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/game

TomMcC
10-15-21, 21:57
That's part of the problem though. Games can be serious and have serious consequences.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/game

OK you got me 3 a&b it is. I don't use the term for politics, but others may. Good thing we have that settle now.

mRad
10-15-21, 22:00
With a definition like that, everything can be a game. This forum is a game. War is a game. Sex is a game. Breathing is a game.

Adrenaline_6
10-15-21, 22:20
With a definition like that, everything can be a game. This forum is a game. War is a game. Sex is a game. Breathing is a game.

Your right. Everything could be...but not everything is.

Alex V
10-16-21, 08:48

Sure. Let’s just jump to the ultimate extreme. :rolleyes: