PDA

View Full Version : Mike Durant (Blackhawk Down) for US Senate

prepare
10-19-21, 17:30
2022 is shaping up to be an interesting fight.

https://youtu.be/vJEXTzU9wk0

Business_Casual
10-19-21, 18:53
Mike Durant, we will find you. (And run you for Senate)

Sam
10-19-21, 19:20
Republican or democrat? I missed that part.

titsonritz
10-19-21, 19:24

Republican
https://www.alreporter.com/2021/10/19/a-late-entry-in-the-u-s-senate-race/

Deadman William
10-19-21, 19:29
seems highly likely he'll be running under the R, but it's just a guess. he's pushing the religion thing hard, and blue dogs have no place in our modern world.

Sam
10-19-21, 20:45
Republican
https://www.alreporter.com/2021/10/19/a-late-entry-in-the-u-s-senate-race/

Thanks. I was in a restaurant and I couldn't hear the video. But I googled it when I got out and saw that he is running as a republican. After being beaten by the skinnies during captivity, I think he can handle any dirt the democommunists throw at him.

Best of luck to Mr. Durant.

Pandaz3
10-20-21, 04:06
An LA guy (Lower Alabama) The Wiregrass, but as for a bid as Senator you have to cover the whole State.

lowprone
10-21-21, 09:54
Flood the Senate and House with Veterans !

sandsunsurf
10-21-21, 10:06
I got to see a presentation from Mike and we got to chat afterwards. Very good speaker, and also very approachable and easy to talk with. I hope he wins, though it sounds like it’s a crowded field..

Alex V
10-21-21, 11:57
Is Shelby not running for reelection?

AndyLate
10-21-21, 14:34
He has my vote. We need new blood in the R politics.

Andy

SteyrAUG
10-22-21, 01:39
He has my vote. We need new blood in the R politics.

Andy

As a general rule, I agree. My worry is that if he brings true values to politics he will be marginalized and rendered ineffective by those willing to win by any means. The nature of politics is that it attracts and rewards the worst possible candidates.

titsonritz
10-22-21, 02:09
As a general rule, I agree. My worry is that if he brings true values to politics he will be marginalized and rendered ineffective by those willing to win by any means. The nature of politics is that it attracts and rewards the worst possible candidates.

That's why we need more like him in the halls of power. I hope and pray the vets can crash it all. They are the best this nation has produced, afterall.

prdubi
10-22-21, 02:14
Sooo the plot for Heinlein's "starship troopers" is coming to fruition.

Noyce..

Citizenship guaranteed after service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndyLate
10-22-21, 05:55
Sooo the plot for Heinlein's "starship troopers" is coming to fruition.

Noyce..

Citizenship guaranteed after service.

I am down with that, hopefully without the bugs.

Andy

prdubi
10-22-21, 06:00
No....the part where the veterans took over the government part is what I liked about the book.

As a disabled medically retired veteran myself of OIF, I welcome it.

AndyLate
10-22-21, 06:42
No....the part where the veterans took over the government part is what I liked about the book.

As a disabled medically retired veteran myself of OIF, I welcome it.

I should have finished my coffee before posting. I would like to see more vets in office for sure.

Everyone I know that has met Mike likes him, personally and professionally. Dems in N. Alabama will vote for him.

Andy

SteyrAUG
10-22-21, 06:55
That's why we need more like him in the halls of power. I hope and pray the vets can crash it all. They are the best this nation has produced, afterall.

Just keep in mind McCain was a veteran so it's no automatic guarantee of anything, including competence. Gore and Carter were also vets, I suppose John Kerry technically qualifies as well. Reagan never served except in the army film corps.

usmcvet
10-22-21, 19:19
That makes me want to re-enlist!

2022 is shaping up to be an interesting fight.

https://youtu.be/vJEXTzU9wk0

usmcvet
10-22-21, 19:21

I’m pretty sure the add said and God mad a Conservative. I definitely heard the comment about leaving nobody behind!