PDA

View Full Version : Nobody intervenes when a woman is raped, but an unmasked man in church gets dogpiled.

okie
10-26-21, 14:12
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/philadelphia-subway-riders-witnessed-rape-did-nothing-officials-say-2021-10-19/

https://twitter.com/4Patrick7/status/1452809962044809218?s=20

Welcome to the Twilight Zone, people.

Inkslinger
10-26-21, 14:17
I don’t see anything wrong with what they did. I’m not a churchgoer, but if I were and some dude comes up to the priest with that posture and starts advancing while he’s be asked to leave, my reaction would be the same. I don’t care what you’re opinions or beliefs are on any topic of the day. Act like a threat, get treated like a threat.

donlapalma
10-26-21, 14:56
I don’t see anything wrong with what they did. I’m not a churchgoer, but if I were and some dude comes up to the priest with that posture and starts advancing while he’s be asked to leave, my reaction would be the same. I don’t care what you’re opinions or beliefs are on any topic of the day. Act like a threat, get treated like a threat.I agree with this. I think it has less to do with him not wearing a mask and more to do with him acting like a threatening dick.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ST911
10-26-21, 17:33
There are exceptions and allowances for pastoral preferences, local customs, and worship design, but generally... Anomalous movement of parishioners during service is always attention getting. Parishioners approaching clergy or the platform other than appointed/invited times should receive appropriate security response. Such movement should be intercepted and redirected well before the platform. Clergy shouldn't engage uninvited approaches during service.

Looks like it's mask/regulation driven, but there's other indication of history there.

Inkslinger
10-26-21, 17:36
Also, comparing a bunch of SEPTA riders in Philly to churchgoers is like comparing apples to artichokes.

Averageman
10-26-21, 18:07
You know after listening to Merrick Garland being questioned, he is just as clueless as Biden when it comes to current events.
I'm so sure that they are sharing "Puddin Cups" before a group diaper change I would bet on it.
That boy is thick as two short planks.

Honu
10-26-21, 21:19
Yeah the church guy did not seem threatening its about a mask
BUT
IMHO if the church hates maskless people its a church you DO NOT want to be part of so do not go !

SO maskless guy was a idiot he went to pick a fight and got one ?
WHY IMHO going and pushing your maskless belief on a cult (sorry Catholicism is a cult to me) that bends to gov and is so woke these days ignores God etc..
So dude was a IDIOT going to a cult of IDIOTS and this is what you get :)

this is sadly why many churches are not churches anymore but feel good clubs some go to !
and the woke churches like this are a HUGE part of the image that religion is going through and its FAKE side that many see sadly ?

ZERO room for woke churches or pastors and NO christian can be WOKE social justice blah blah idiocy going on etc... the two DO NOT go together they are a false/fake christian

SteyrAUG
10-27-21, 01:32
I don’t see anything wrong with what they did. I’m not a churchgoer, but if I were and some dude comes up to the priest with that posture and starts advancing while he’s be asked to leave, my reaction would be the same. I don’t care what you’re opinions or beliefs are on any topic of the day. Act like a threat, get treated like a threat.

Gee look, reasoning and logic.

prdubi
10-27-21, 03:23
I helped stop a machete muslim attack at my church in Budapest.

Wasn't pretty but sheepdogging isn't a glamorous job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

okie
10-27-21, 07:42

So a guy, rightfully, giving an out of control communist priest a tongue lashing he so richly deserves, and in doing so standing up for what's right, is somehow comparable to a machete wielding Muslim?

So a guy, rightfully, giving an out of control communist priest a tongue lashing he so richly deserves, and in doing so standing up for what's right, is somehow comparable to a machete wielding Muslim?

Yeah the church guy did not seem threatening its about a mask
BUT
IMHO if the church hates maskless people its a church you DO NOT want to be part of so do not go !

SO maskless guy was a idiot he went to pick a fight and got one ?
WHY IMHO going and pushing your maskless belief on a cult (sorry Catholicism is a cult to me) that bends to gov and is so woke these days ignores God etc..
So dude was a IDIOT going to a cult of IDIOTS and this is what you get :)

this is sadly why many churches are not churches anymore but feel good clubs some go to !
and the woke churches like this are a HUGE part of the image that religion is going through and its FAKE side that many see sadly ?

ZERO room for woke churches or pastors and NO christian can be WOKE social justice blah blah idiocy going on etc... the two DO NOT go together they are a false/fake christian

There are good Catholics who stand up for the faith, even against the Pope himself. I say bravo for trying. Nobody has the right to coopt Christ's teachings for their own gain, and everyone who knows the truth has an obligation to expose them at every turn. If it weren't for guys like him, we never would have been freed from the clutches of the Roman Catholic Church to begin with. And some people are still in their clutches to this day. Just because people aren't being burned at the stake anymore doesn't mean that many Catholics aren't still in a state of bondage that's perhaps just as if not more effective.

Deadman William
10-27-21, 12:37

this- absolutely this. when i was a believer, i did security at my former church for several years - and i wouldnt have given ANY ear to what was being said, if you approached the alter when not being asked to the front, you were getting addressed by me. and it happened a handful of times during my tenure. i never got physical with anyone, and im pretty sure every instance i dealt with was some kind of misunderstanding... but as churches seemed to becoming targets for random violence across this country, we were ever increasingly diligent about security. the guy could have been shouting about his love for christ, and i still would have hustled forward and put a firm hand on his bicep and gone from there.

TomMcC
10-27-21, 12:37

There are good Catholics who stand up for the faith, even against the Pope himself. I say bravo for trying. Nobody has the right to coopt Christ's teachings for their own gain, and everyone who knows the truth has an obligation to expose them at every turn. If it weren't for guys like him, we never would have been freed from the clutches of the Roman Catholic Church to begin with. And some people are still in their clutches to this day. Just because people aren't being burned at the stake anymore doesn't mean that many Catholics aren't still in a state of bondage that's perhaps just as if not more effective.

What faith would that be? The one that says that justification is by grace alone, through faith alone, by Christ alone, for the glory of God alone? I think not. Read the conclusions of the Council of Trent. I won't even go into what Catholics believe about the priesthood, the mass, church government, or the papacy itself, and a bunch of other subjects.

As for the church video, I would agree with the others as far as the man's sketchy posturing. If he had stood up and addressed the priest from his chair I probably would have given him a pass, but to approach the priest as he did was out of place. But then I would counsel the man to forget about changing any minds in that church concerning Covid or masks and just told him to ultimately leave the RCC.

RugerMKII
10-27-21, 14:23
Back in 2008 there was a church shooting here in Knoxville that left 2 people dead.
I know of one large church here that reached out for ex military / law enforcement members to supplement the rental cops they have during services. Typically they would go shoot once a month as a group. It pays to have plans in place.

WillieThom
10-27-21, 15:26
Also, comparing a bunch of SEPTA riders in Philly to churchgoers is like comparing apples to artichokes.

Exactly my thoughts when I first read this..

okie
10-27-21, 16:02

Might rather take my chances with the SEPTA crowd.

Inkslinger
10-27-21, 17:09
Might rather take my chances with the SEPTA crowd.

Never been to Philly huh…

Arik
10-27-21, 17:54
Might rather take my chances with the SEPTA crowd.More power to you! I'd rather walk in a F5 hurricane combined with a polar vortex

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

okie
10-27-21, 23:17
Never been to Philly huh…

Gotta be better than whatever the **** that was. Invasion of the pod people is what it looked like.