PDA

View Full Version : Liberty We The People Safe questions

Krp7894
11-06-21, 17:49
Hey guys,

I had a feeling a few years ago when I got a new safe that the Liberty Tactical 24 wouldn't last me and I was right. I can't fit anything else inside so I decided to upgrade a bit. I did some searching and found a We the People Liberty Safe in Gloss white at tractor supply for about $2000 shipped. It'll certainly hold what I have and its heavier with better fire protection. My biggest gripe was the Tactical safe didn't have the rubber on the inside of the frame on top of it being too small. It's a Tractor Supply exclusive and it has the Securam keypad. Do these all come standard with the key as a back up? And how do you guys like the safe? It's not some dummied down version of a Liberty is it?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/liberty-safe-we-the-people-44-gun-e-lock-safe-60-minute-fire-rating-wtp44-wht-e-dp

Thats the link above. Thanks!

Cips
11-06-21, 21:26
To protect against kids and quick smash and grabs it looks good.

Liberty has a ton of different levels depending on how much security and fire protection you want and want to afford. Where this one lands in their product line I am not sure.

Krp7894
11-06-21, 21:46
I like the 60 minute fire rating. The firehouse is about a quarter mile from my house. Should be big enough for my needs.

Buncheong
11-07-21, 03:45
https://www.guns.com/news/2013/06/18/another-tornado-survivor-this-time-a-liberty-safe

Krp7894
11-10-21, 11:19
So this model is basically between a USA and Colonial. Almost the same as the colonial minus the extra 2 lock bars (1 on top and 1 bottom) and the electrical outlet. I really wouldn’t use the outlet since I run dehumidifiers in my safe now and my humidity doesn’t get above 40% in the summer. If the safe is bolted down in the corner of a room, does the extra locking bars make that much of a difference?

AndyLate
11-11-21, 22:55
So this model is basically between a USA and Colonial. Almost the same as the colonial minus the extra 2 lock bars (1 on top and 1 bottom) and the electrical outlet. I really wouldn’t use the outlet since I run dehumidifiers in my safe now and my humidity doesn’t get above 40% in the summer. If the safe is bolted down in the corner of a room, does the extra locking bars make that much of a difference?

In my opinion, the extra locking bars would not matter. Cips is correct - it is protection against smash and grab plus curious kids. Bolting the safe down is a necessity because the easiest way to break in is to push the safe over and cut through the sides or back.

You may be able to find the same(ish) size Colonial for that price, by the way.

I would suggest looking for a used safe as well. There is a Franklin 35 safe showing in craigslist here for $1800 and it is a far more expensive safe new than the one you are looking at. I have bought 2 (smaller) gunsafes from Craigslist - a Browning Prosteel and the smallest Liberty Centurion. Both safes together cost less than the Centurion new. Your size safe would be a b!tch to load and unload, admittedly.

Edited to add: No, the electronic lock does not have a key backup. The electronic locks with keys are generally either cheap garbage or extremely expensive.

Andy