PDA

View Full Version : Scammer maybe AF Officer rouzbehg4?

ffhounddog
11-07-21, 05:54
https://imgur.com/gallery/QA7hyig

rouzbehg4

I think I was scammed by a new member. I got My hopes up on the Bushnell 1x-6.5x he was selling for $500. I bought my 2 bushnells for $600 each in the elite tactical so I thought like with lot of optics people just do not like the reticle etc so, I sent payment friends and family and since my fiancé is in the Third trimester and I’m the Battalion XO and we have had a lot of personnel issues the past two weeks I was needing a win win that I could be happy about other than my Fiancé and our new baby. She told me to buy it and even she thought Air Force Officer good person. She is a medically retired Mustang Marine Captain and I am a Reservist Major deployed right now with an Active Duty unit as the XO and a lot of issues with the NCO staff. I’m working 18 hour days and lots of stress due to the unit missing deadlines.

So since I have a half day mandated by the Brigade Commander, I can sit and reflect.
1. I’m not using F&F with new people sorry folks
2. Verify people
3. Stop focusing on specific optics and look at other options from vendors
4. Use a credit card if possible
5. Look at their profile. If I had looked I would have said too good to be true
6. Don’t buy stuff when I get back to my room getting ready to sleep.

rushca01
11-07-21, 06:08
I think you are right. I have a WTB out right now and he sent me a PM. He just registered and has zero posts…that was my first clue.

Sorry to hear you got scammed.

Arik
11-07-21, 08:54
Sorry bout your situation. Always stop and think with your brain not your feelings. I've probably missed out on a few great deals but money comes first to me so if anything looks suspicious or just not to my personal liking I just avoid buying it. Zero posts is a definite red flag. Same with fluff posts that are meant to raise post count to make it seem like the scammer is an active member. BS like the guy joined last week and already has a bunch of posts like "looks good", "nice rifle", "I love mine"....BS like that!

Another thing you can do is Google the username. You'd be surprised, some scammers will keep the same name through various forums

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

dmaxfireman
11-07-21, 09:04
Different user name, same phone number
http://986forum.com/forums/642537-post4.html

He responded to one of my WTB ads as well, I ignored him.

Rayd8
11-07-21, 09:17
I’m a long time lurker, but a “new guy” due to post count. I plan to add 3.5% to anything I order through EE.

JLP
11-07-21, 09:25
If you have a name I can run it through the global and see what pops. If you have a state that you sent the money to, that will help me narrow it down. Will take about 3 seconds for me to do from my house.

ffhounddog
11-07-21, 09:31
Candace Lockett was the Zelle name. That could be a wife or girlfriend. Tried from SOCCent global nothing came up.

Address it was from PayPal so no address.

760 area code is SOCAL. The imgur has the phone number.

JLP
11-07-21, 09:50
He's not in the AF global under the name you sent or the name that the people finder says owns that number. Give Gary and call and see if he's your man...

Potential Owner Gary T Kinne
Gary T Kinne
Age -

Languages Spoken EN

Country of origin -

Is this accurate?

Possible Photos
No other possible photos associated with Gary T Kinne found.

Other Phone Numbers
Leave feedback

Is something missing?

Learn more

Higher Confidence
(760) 271-7870
Phone type Mobile

Service provider Verizon Wireless

Dates seen Aug 2016 - Jan 2021

Diamondback
11-07-21, 11:28
At the risk of being a dick, part of me is tempted to suggest maybe EE needs the same kind of post-count gatekeeping as General Discussion used to have.

Good luck, OP.

ffhounddog
11-07-21, 11:46
At the risk of being a dick, part of me is tempted to suggest maybe EE needs the same kind of post-count gatekeeping as General Discussion used to have.

Good luck, OP.

I would agree to that of course.

Thanks I’m trying and pissed off.

k9barco
11-07-21, 14:24
He tried to get me too, I didn’t respond to his pm after checking his join date/ post count.
Deal with caution and only well known members with feedback.

k9barco
11-07-21, 14:24
Double tap, sorry

georgeib
11-07-21, 17:04
Actually had someone with a different user name try that with me several months ago. Probably the same POS.

I was actually thinking that people without a certain number of posts/too recent of a join date shouldn't be allowed to send PMs either. Would definitely put an end to this nonsense.

JLP
11-07-21, 18:20
Actually had someone with a different user name try that with me several months ago. Probably the same POS.

I was actually thinking that people without a certain number of posts/too recent of a join date shouldn't be allowed to send PMs either. Would definitely put an end to this nonsense.

I don't have that many posts, I read here more than I post, but I concur.

Disciple
11-07-21, 19:29
Deal with caution and only well known members with feedback.

How is someone to get feedback if no one will deal unless he first has it?

k9barco
11-07-21, 19:32
Hey Disciple,
I see you have been a member since 06. Thats a pretty solid history.

Diamondback
11-07-21, 20:05
How is someone to get feedback if no one will deal unless he first has it?

That's what "USPS Money Orders and send upon MO clearing" are for--I'm kinda in that Low Feedback Count range myself, so I can understand when people ask me to prove myself but ask that I be given an opportunity to do so.

HKGuns
11-07-21, 21:05
That's what "USPS Money Orders and send upon MO clearing" are for--I'm kinda in that Low Feedback Count range myself, so I can understand when people ask me to prove myself but ask that I be given an opportunity to do so.

I’m in the same boat, I don’t sell anything and buy precious little on here.

Luckily the few items I do buy, folks give me the benefit of the doubt, regardless of feedback score.

I won’t screw anyone over on here.

Diamondback
11-07-21, 22:33
I’m in the same boat, I don’t sell anything and buy precious little on here.

Luckily the few items I do buy, folks give me the benefit of the doubt, regardless of feedback score.

I won’t screw anyone over on here.

In both our cases, I suspect high post counts and multi-year tenures where we've become known to the community help, even though I still feel like a Probie because I can't get out and shoot as much as I'd like and my experience is lopsidedly more on the "builder" than "shooter' side of the ledger.

TheAlsatian
11-08-21, 05:52
I've noticed a trend of scammers posing as military personnel over the last few years. I suppose it makes them seem trustworthy. In many cases they have stolen identities of others. I do hope you get this resolved. I've been there and it is very frustrating.

Esquire
11-08-21, 13:14
I too was contacted by this same individual. I have a WTB add for a Remington 870 Police Magnum and he contacted me providing pictures of a pristine shotgun and asking $200 for it's immediate delivery....

elkslayer44
11-09-21, 21:20
I agree it can be difficult for a first timer on here. It better to be a first time buyer to gain a few creds, esp if you buy a big ticket item. First time sellers are more problematic. I took a chance on another site but I asked first for a few more specific pics and I had a few more things I could check out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

kwelz
12-27-21, 22:20
He tried to get me this week. He has used that username all over the place to rip people off.

.45fan
12-28-21, 08:01
This easy is easy problem to fix.
Don't steal from PayPal and you won't get ripped off.

Using "Friends and Family" to PURCHASE or SELL "Goods and Services" is theft.

Doesn't matter that PayPal is antigun, theft is theft.

HKGuns
12-28-21, 08:06

Now there is some twisted logic. Its not the scammers fault, its the person being scammed who is to blame.

.45fan
12-28-21, 08:19
Now there is some twisted logic. Its not the scammers fault, its the person being scammed who is to blame.Did I say anything that is not true?

I call it honest, you call it twisted logic.
Maybe that is why scammers get lucky so often.

Would you feel better if I said it is karma?

sidewaysil80
12-28-21, 08:26

Well, considering we're an online community...everyone I deal with and fellow members are considered friends. So there.

.45fan
12-28-21, 08:34
Well, considering we're an online community...everyone I deal with and fellow members are considered friends. So there.Wrong answer.

Read the terms you agreed to.
It clearly says if you are buying something you use goods and services.

ETA:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what's-the-difference-between-friends-and-family-or-goods-and-services-payments-faq638

Paying for goods or service - used when buying an item or service from someone. When you make a purchase, the seller pays a small fee to receive your money. Your payment is covered by our protection policy automatically.

sidewaysil80
12-28-21, 13:41
Wrong answer.

Read the terms you agreed to.
It clearly says if you are buying something you use goods and services.

ETA:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what's-the-difference-between-friends-and-family-or-goods-and-services-payments-faq638

Nope!

Diamondback
12-28-21, 13:43
Paypal also specifically says "no gun transactions"...

.45fan
12-28-21, 14:00
Paypal also specifically says "no gun transactions"...This was not a "gun transaction" it was an "optic transaction" which they do not care about.

Diamondback
12-28-21, 14:03
This was not a "gun transaction" it was an "optic transaction" which they do not care about.

True, sir, just noting why some folks might prefer to be more discreet in their PP transactions which opens a risk of being exploited by this kind of pondscum.

.45fan
12-28-21, 14:05
Nope!Nope, meaning you don't care about the terms of service you agreed to?

I made the important part bold for you in the last post.
Nowhere on that page does it say "unless you are buying something from someone you've never met but call a friend just to avoid fees".
If you find that please post a link to it.

ETA:
Here is a screenshot of the definition of the word buy.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211228/f5e081a1c47cf352d8649ebb7b22cfab.jpg

.45fan
12-28-21, 14:08
True, sir, just noting why some folks might prefer to be more discreet in their PP transactions which opens a risk of being exploited by this kind of pondscum.All I'm saying is theft is theft.

I despise a thief and a liar, as do most people. But when it comes to PayPal mist people have zero issue lying about the transaction and stealing from them.
That us the point I'm trying to make.

Basically what comes around, goes around.

the AR-15 Junkie
12-28-21, 15:34

Yep, I agree with you.

RUTGERS95
12-29-21, 00:54
https://imgur.com/gallery/QA7hyig

rouzbehg4

I think I was scammed by a new member. I got My hopes up on the Bushnell 1x-6.5x he was selling for $500. I bought my 2 bushnells for $600 each in the elite tactical so I thought like with lot of optics people just do not like the reticle etc so, I sent payment friends and family and since my fiancé is in the Third trimester and I’m the Battalion XO and we have had a lot of personnel issues the past two weeks I was needing a win win that I could be happy about other than my Fiancé and our new baby. She told me to buy it and even she thought Air Force Officer good person. She is a medically retired Mustang Marine Captain and I am a Reservist Major deployed right now with an Active Duty unit as the XO and a lot of issues with the NCO staff. I’m working 18 hour days and lots of stress due to the unit missing deadlines.

So since I have a half day mandated by the Brigade Commander, I can sit and reflect.
1. I’m not using F&F with new people sorry folks
2. Verify people
3. Stop focusing on specific optics and look at other options from vendors
4. Use a credit card if possible
5. Look at their profile. If I had looked I would have said too good to be true
6. Don’t buy stuff when I get back to my room getting ready to sleep.

sorry that happened to you, good luck with the baby and focus on that positive aspect!

DuckFart
01-18-22, 06:15
I got a PM from this person today as well.