PDA

View Full Version : Bloodsport Trailer (2021)

WillBrink
11-08-21, 11:33
Believe or not, it appears they are doing another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIk91uagubk

Frank Dux appears to be a complete phony on all claims, and before the net, it was easy to get away with. One plus for the net, it makes it very difficult to invent back stories that didn't happen and winning the MOH without being called out/exposed rappedly. Yes, he actually claimed earned an MOH and lost the paper work in a fire and such:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01qf4p8UY6U

Alex V
11-08-21, 12:47
I love the original Bloodsport... but that doesn't mean we need another one.

SteyrAUG
11-08-21, 12:50
Frank Dux is a complete loon who was kicked out of the military for being a complete loon.

He is affiliated with the Black Dragon Fighting Society which was created by John Keehan (aka Count Dante) who was among the first comic book character martial artists in US history. Also affiliated with the BDFS is Ashida Kim (aka Radford Davis) who wrote most of the laughably absurd books on ninjutsu during the 1980s. He and Dux claim to have studied the Koga style IN Japan even though the last none practitioner was Fujita Seiko who died in 1966 without having trained anyone in that style.

Then there is the famous "kumite" which was held in Hong Kong (even though kumite is a Japanes word and not the correct one). In reality it appears there was an event held in the Bahamas in 1975 but Frank Dux seems to be the only one who really knows about it. No other notable martial artist of the time had knowledge of the event. The organizer seems to have been Frank Dux himself and his trophy for winning the "kumite" was acquired from a local trophy shop.

Nobody was ever able to find the teacher of Frank Dux, Senzo "Tiger" Tanaka who just happens to have the same name as the ninja leader in the James Bond film "You Only Live Twice."

I used to think Bloodsport was a fun movie until I found out there actually was a loon who believed all that shit.

Tony617
11-08-21, 17:23
I like the original Bloodsport movie as well. Makes me think back to my first overseas trip and landed a United 747 landed at the old Hong Kong airport named Kai Tak Airport. Really beautiful at night seeing the city lights in the distance.

WillieThom
11-08-21, 17:45
Chong Li! Chong Li! Chong Li!

WillBrink
11-08-21, 17:49
Frank Dux is a complete loon who was kicked out of the military for being a complete loon.

He is affiliated with the Black Dragon Fighting Society which was created by John Keehan (aka Count Dante) who was among the first comic book character martial artists in US history. Also affiliated with the BDFS is Ashida Kim (aka Radford Davis) who wrote most of the laughably absurd books on ninjutsu during the 1980s. He and Dux claim to have studied the Koga style IN Japan even though the last none practitioner was Fujita Seiko who died in 1966 without having trained anyone in that style.

Then there is the famous "kumite" which was held in Hong Kong (even though kumite is a Japanes word and not the correct one). In reality it appears there was an event held in the Bahamas in 1975 but Frank Dux seems to be the only one who really knows about it. No other notable martial artist of the time had knowledge of the event. The organizer seems to have been Frank Dux himself and his trophy for winning the "kumite" was acquired from a local trophy shop.

Nobody was ever able to find the teacher of Frank Dux, Senzo "Tiger" Tanaka who just happens to have the same name as the ninja leader in the James Bond film "You Only Live Twice."

I used to think Bloodsport was a fun movie until I found out there actually was a loon who believed all that shit.

Ditto. I assumed while probably embellished on per usual, at least some aspect of it was true. Meh.

TAZ
11-09-21, 14:35
WTF?! I think the vaccinations are draining any creativity from
Hollywood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
11-09-21, 16:10
"If Senzo Tanaka is his shidoshi, then show us the Dim Mak."

militarymoron
11-09-21, 17:51
Isn't this a fan made trailer?

crosseyedshooter
11-09-21, 19:23
Isn't this a fan made trailer?

That channel is for fan trailers, so I’d assume so.