PDA

View Full Version : Better-Mag adapter...no BHO...

TacticalSpeed
11-08-21, 13:14
Have not actually shot this rifle yet, but on every dry run, there is no BHO.

I'm running a BCA side charging 22Lr upper, PSA lower with CMMG LPK & strike industries bolt catch. Using M&P15-22 mags

Adapter is installed right. Rounds cycle fine manually and mags insert & eject as they should

Thunderpigeon
11-08-21, 17:40
You may have a bolt catch that is incompatible with the Better Mag kit or the Better Mag kit is not really correctly installed. It took me a few tries to get the hang of installing the part of the kit that actuates the bolt catch.

Another possibility is that your bolt catch spring is a little too strong for the kit. If you have extra springs try cutting off 1 or 2 coils.

What is the condition of the follower in the magazine you are using? Do you have the problem with more than 1 magazine?

TacticalSpeed
11-08-21, 17:42
You may have a bolt catch that is incompatible with the Better Mag kit or the Better Mag kit is not really correctly installed. It took me a few tries to get the hang of installing the part of the kit that actuates the bolt catch.

Another possibility is that your bolt catch spring is a little too strong for the kit. If you have extra springs try cutting off 1 or 2 coils.

What is the condition of the follower in the magazine you are using? Do you have the problem with more than 1 magazine?

Definitely installed right as I read the instructions & watched videos to make sure if it. Strike bolt catch with CMMG LPK. These are perfectly fine M&P15-22 mags

All 4 mags = no BHO

Thunderpigeon
11-08-21, 19:29
Definitely installed right as I read the instructions & watched videos to make sure if it. Strike bolt catch with CMMG LPK. These are perfectly fine M&P15-22 mags

All 4 mags = no BHO

Have you separated the upper from the lower receiver so you can see if the BMA "follower" is contacting the tab on the magazines?

Thunderpigeon
11-09-21, 06:57
Just another thought. Have you tested this lower without the BMA kit? In other words, does the bolt lock back with a centerfire bolt and upper installed?

TacticalSpeed
11-09-21, 09:27
Have you separated the upper from the lower receiver so you can see if the BMA "follower" is contacting the tab on the magazines?

yes, i have