PDA

View Full Version : Do not buy anything from Foxtrot Mike's...

TacticalSpeed
11-09-21, 15:39
Some of you may be a member of THR & saw my thread here:
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/how-to-ship-an-ar-upper-lower-separately-legally.895889/

They sent it back to me with a new bolt & I finally got to the range again. Same exact problems all over again. They also did not reimburse me for shipping costs as promised.

I emailed them &, just like the beginning before when they wanted to sell me their buffer instead of fix it with their "lifetime warranty",...they want to sell me one of their lowers now. No thanks!

At this point, a fair resolution would be to buy this thing back from me. I communicated that to them & after more bs excuses from them & back & forth, I get this email a few minutes ago...

Guess what FM's OWNER thinks is the best resolution? Sell me more of their junk AGAIN!

"Tom, I spoke with our owner and I think we came up with a good resolution.

We would like to offer you one of our lowers at our cost."

UNBELIEVABLE

GH41
11-09-21, 17:29
When you buy stuff like that you should expect poor customer service.

TacticalSpeed
11-09-21, 17:30
When you buy stuff like that you should expect poor customer service.

No one should EXPECT poor customer service.

chamber143
11-09-21, 17:36

couldn't agree more. One thing to note and I am not pointing fingers, years ago I used to be into all kinds of niche stuff and it only ended up costing me tons of money and many grey hairs. A lot of times when you get into more budget items, they seem to not function as advertised. Hell even the high end niche stuff isn't fool proof. I know I would not want to get something else fr0m a manufacturer if the original didn't work. Good luck but I do echo your sentiment. No one deserves poor customer service

titsonritz
11-09-21, 17:50
Maybe try Radical Firearms next, they have a lifetime warrenty too.

GH41
11-09-21, 20:08
You have to expect poor customer service when you buy cheap components from a low volume seller. What was it?? Like a $300 upper. Sounds to me like you got exactly what you paid for.

gunnerblue
11-09-21, 21:28

You should when you buy cheap. You get what you pay for

TacticalSpeed
11-09-21, 21:30
You have to expect poor customer service when you buy cheap components from a low volume seller. What was it?? Like a $300 upper. Sounds to me like you got exactly what you paid for.

Yet my Durkin & BCA uppers run fine. Go troll somewhere else.

TacticalSpeed
11-09-21, 21:39
Maybe try Radical Firearms next, they have a lifetime warrenty too.

This is how SPONSORS act? Wow. Also, it is spelled warrAnty. ;)

Diamondback
11-09-21, 21:42
This is how SPONSORS act? Wow. Also, it is spelled warrAnty. ;)

"Site Sponsors" just means us individual members who've chipped in to help pay the site's bills and keep it running. You're welcome. :)

Voodoochild
11-09-21, 21:54
Keep it civil and on topic.

CRAMBONE
11-09-21, 23:26
"Site Sponsors" just means us individual members who've chipped in to help pay the site's bills and keep it running. You're welcome. :)

And mike drop! :cool:

On topic: OP I’m sorry about your issues with the weapon and this company. Thank you for the heads up. And there is a reason Colt is my baseline for the most part. Do Colt, BCM, DD etc turn out a lemon every once in a while? Possibly but those are better odds than every item being a lemon.

titsonritz
11-09-21, 23:49

Keep it civil and on topic.

I'll just leave it there.

signal4l
11-10-21, 00:04
I purchased a Foxtrot Mike pistol a few years ago. I have several thousand rounds through it. It runs great.

I had a minor customer service issue. They sent me the part I needed free of charge. Excellent service

jstone
11-10-21, 00:32
The type of consumer who makes posts like this are the consumers that will never be happy. The only thing that makes them happy is bad reviews. You never know your problem could be solved by the lower, and they offered it at cost. They probably tested the upper on their lower and it ran great but you expect them to buy it back because your to cheap to buy a lower which will more than likely fix the problem.

I work for an online retailer with over 95% 5 star reviews through Google, but every once in a while you get a Karen such as yourself who can not be helped regardless. You would have posted this bitch fest if they offered you a free lower. Buy quality components or deal with what happens when you don't. When you list multiple brands you own and FM is higher quality than the others your lower is more than likely crap and causing the problem. Buy the lower and if it doesn't fix the problem you have an actual issue. Until then you're issue not said product.

Dutch110
11-10-21, 08:52
Just out of curiosity what brand lower are you trying to mate this thing to?

TacticalSpeed
11-10-21, 22:33
The type of consumer who makes posts like this are the consumers that will never be happy. The only thing that makes them happy is bad reviews. You never know your problem could be solved by the lower, and they offered it at cost. They probably tested the upper on their lower and it ran great but you expect them to buy it back because your to cheap to buy a lower which will more than likely fix the problem.

I work for an online retailer with over 95% 5 star reviews through Google, but every once in a while you get a Karen such as yourself who can not be helped regardless. You would have posted this bitch fest if they offered you a free lower. Buy quality components or deal with what happens when you don't. When you list multiple brands you own and FM is higher quality than the others your lower is more than likely crap and causing the problem. Buy the lower and if it doesn't fix the problem you have an actual issue. Until then you're issue not said product.

So your answer to correcting defective products is selling your customer more of your crap? LMAO not the way to stand behind your "lifetime warranty" Good day

TacticalSpeed
11-10-21, 22:34
Just out of curiosity what brand lower are you trying to mate this thing to?

Tried both PSA & Anderson. They run great with everything else

11-11-21, 07:22
My PSA 9mm lower required filing of the feed ramps to even attach an upper to it, so I’m a little skeptical of their quality. TOS had someone else with the same problem, which is a grossly, visibly, out of spec feedramp part, that PSA then kludged onto the lower anyway using a spacer to make it fit. It also required some “tuning” of the ejector.

Additionally, I had the exact problem you were having until I switched to a no-name bolt, and no amount of mucking with the ejector would make it go away. I don’t remember the brand of bolt, but it had the M16 extractor, which I see FM also uses. Might have been Faxon. The bolt that had no problems had a traditional 9mm extractor. The M16 extractor seems to hold the brass a little too well and does not want to let it go. The 9mm extractor grabs much less circumference than the M16 extractor, which is fine on a blowback action.

Edit: I just noticed that KVP, who also sells M16 extractor 9mm bolts, has a “Gen II” extractor. In the reviews section, someone mentioned that they bought it in an attempt to solve the same problem OP is having. Interestingly enough, I threw away an extractor that I found laying around yesterday, because it would not extract a 556 casing; it wasn’t even trying. It was marked with large “II”.

jesuvuah
11-11-21, 07:34
Out of curiosity, what weight buffer are you using?

I have done a few 9mm builds, and I always had the best luck using 8oz or more buffers

Soli Deo Gloria

TacticalSpeed
11-11-21, 08:44
Out of curiosity, what weight buffer are you using?

I have done a few 9mm builds, and I always had the best luck using 8oz or more buffers

Soli Deo Gloria

KVP 9mm buffer which is 7.5 or 7.7 oz. Runs fine in everything else for me

Dutch110
11-11-21, 09:09
Tried both PSA & Anderson. They run great with everything else

I think what you have going on is "intolerance stacking" 9MM PCCs have no milspec standard to which they adhere. Each manufacturer has their own variation on the same theme. I don't think it's reasonable to expect you can take a 9mm upper from company 1 and mate it to a lower from company 2 and expect it to all work. Even AR uppers and lowers supposedly built to milspec standards run into issues from time to time. Just because the PSA and Anderson lowers work fine on everything else doesn't exclude them from being a contributing factor in this case. If you had paired the FM upper with an FM lower and had the same issues I would say you have a case. If I were you I would take them up on their at cost lower offer and then sell it as a complete gun. Or sell the upper and move on.

TacticalSpeed
11-11-21, 09:14
I think what you have going on is "intolerance stacking" 9MM PCCs have no milspec standard to which they adhere. Each manufacturer has their own variation on the same theme. I don't think it's reasonable to expect you can take a 9mm upper from company 1 and mate it to a lower from company 2 and expect it to all work. Even AR uppers and lowers supposedly built to milspec standards run into issues from time to time. Just because the PSA and Anderson lowers work fine on everything else doesn't exclude them from being a contributing factor in this case. If you had paired the FM upper with an FM lower and had the same issues I would say you have a case. If I were you I would take them up on their at cost lower offer and then sell it as a complete gun. Or sell the upper and move on.

Selling me more of their crap is not a resolution. Hard pass. I ave an 80% AR9 lower that I will try on it if they refuse to take it back/I don't sell it first

Stickman
11-11-21, 10:00
Some of you may be a member of THR & saw my thread here:
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/how-to-ship-an-ar-upper-lower-separately-legally.895889/

So this makes two forums, how many others did you post this on?

I don't often berate people on public forums, but I'm going to point something out. If you don't care enough to write out what the problem is, and take pictures, why in the world should I care what your troubles are? Do you actually want help with an issue, or are you running around badmouthing a company without even the common courtesy of telling us what happened?

Posts like this rank up there with the "check out my new video" BS posts. Totally unsat, I blame your NCOs for not squaring you away better.

11-11-21, 10:07

I don't often berate people on public forums, but I'm going to point something out. If you don't care enough to write out what the problem is, and take pictures, why in the world should I care what your troubles are? Do you actually want help with an issue, or are you running around badmouthing a company without even the common courtesy of telling us what happened?

Posts like this rank up there with the "check out my new video" BS posts. Totally unsat, I blame your NCOs for not squaring you away better.

Somewhere in one of these two threads he mentioned that its extracting, but not ejecting properly, which seems to be related to the bolt using a M16 extractor instead of a 9mm one, IME.

TacticalSpeed
11-11-21, 10:13

Because I did that for FM!!! I'm sorry you are having a bad day.
Please go troll elsewhere

11-11-21, 10:16

If you politely describe your problem, I wouldn’t be surprised if Stickman could help you.

Dutch110
11-11-21, 10:17

Wow. You are getting way over your ski's here. And you have rejected multiple and legitimate options presented to you by folks in this forum. Which tells me you really don't want help fixing the issue you just want to trash a company and expect everyone to agree with you.

TacticalSpeed
11-11-21, 10:18
Wow. You are getting way over your ski's here. And you have rejected multiple and legitimate options presented to you by folks in this forum. Which tells me you really don't want help fixing the issue you just want to trash a company and expect everyone to agree with you.

I've tried all the fix options I could so far, but go one with your bad self.

Voodoochild
11-11-21, 10:20
Closing thread per OP request.