Business_Casual
11-10-21, 09:22
COVID - China
Greatest strategic competitor - China
Belt and Road - China
Penetration of political leaders in Western countries - China
Supply chain woes - China
Desert mock-up off US carrier target - China

Strategic ambiguity around defense of Taiwan shattered by Biden.

War with China. Prepare accordingly.

Cue the paid disinformation posts in 5, 4, 3, 2…

flenna
11-10-21, 10:46
But- is their diversity training and LGBTBBQ+ policies up to date and vigorously enforced? If not, we’ve got ‘em whipped.

Diamondback
11-10-21, 11:09
But "MUH CHEEP SHIT! MUH FREE TRADE!"

Adrenaline_6
11-10-21, 12:49
The real problem is we let it get that way in the first place especially with manufacturing and the supply chain. There are a lot of moving parts in this and China itself is just one of them. Unions in manufacturing are a part also.

Sure, people say they get better wages and benefits from unions. Ok, but in turn, the cost of living and housing prices also go up. So now they want even higher wages to offset the cost of living, which cause prices to go up again. Now, the sh*t they make, nobody wants to buy because the price is straight up effing stupid. Look at all the high union worker living/building areas. All on the high end of price. Just like their manufacturing. Then they bitch at why people want to buy cheaper products from somewhere else. Please. Don't price yourself out of being competitive due to greed, then bitch about why people don't want to buy it and scream "mericuh!". The rest of the country shouldn't have to pay for your "better wages and benefits."

edit: then you will see those same people bitching about how their kids can't afford to buy a house in their neighborhood anymore.

Esq.
11-10-21, 12:51
But- is their diversity training and LGBTBBQ+ policies up to date and vigorously enforced? If not, we’ve got ‘em whipped.

When 96% +/- of your population is ethnic Han Chinese....you don't have to waste your time on bullshit. You tell the "minorities" to Sit down and STFU.....and proceed to get things done. Just sayin'.....

flenna
11-10-21, 13:09
The real problem is we let it get that way in the first place especially with manufacturing and the supply chain. There are a lot of moving parts in this and China itself is just one of them. Unions in manufacturing are a part also.

Sure, people say they get better wages and benefits from unions. Ok, but in turn, the cost of living and housing prices also go up. So now they want even higher wages to offset the cost of living, which cause prices to go up again. Now, the sh*t they make, nobody wants to buy because the price is straight up effing stupid. Look at all the high union worker living/building areas. All on the high end of price. Just like their manufacturing. Then they bitch at why people want to buy cheaper products from somewhere else. Please. Don't price yourself out of being competitive due to greed, then bitch about why people don't want to buy it and scream "mericuh!". The rest of the country shouldn't have to pay for your "better wages and benefits."

edit: then you will see those same people bitching about how their kids can't afford to buy a house in their neighborhood anymore.

You left out over-regulation and high taxes, two big reasons companies move overseas. Those also make products too expensive to manufacture domestically.

ABNAK
11-10-21, 13:10
And now with Evergrande in default the ChiComs might feel pressure to go to war in hopes of off-setting the social unrest that a massive economic crash could bring.

Face it, WWII was the single largest factor in our emergence from the Great Depression.

HKGuns
11-10-21, 14:28
I keep saying this, we allow unelected bureaucrats to regulate FRICKEN GAS CANS.

Adrenaline_6
11-10-21, 14:38
You left out over-regulation and high taxes, two big reasons companies move overseas. Those also make products too expensive to manufacture domestically.

Correct...but most over regulation comes from wanting control over the market and getting paid. If things are over regulated and set a bunch of preset requirements high and costly, guess what the high priced unions don't have to worry about competing against because the "small guy" can't even afford the ante'. This is why unions mostly push for Democrats - its a racket.

Business_Casual
11-10-21, 17:42
I disagree that high wages are the cause of manufacturing flight. There is no way it is cheaper to make a laundry basket on the opposite side of the planet and ship it, rail it, truck it to podunk Iowa.

Diamondback
11-10-21, 18:02
I disagree that high wages are the cause of manufacturing flight. There is no way it is cheaper to make a laundry basket on the opposite side of the planet and ship it, rail it, truck it to podunk Iowa.

I'd suggest there's no one "THE cause," but rather a number of them with the vicious circle of wage increases contributing to cost increases and in turn price increases being just one shooter in a Firing Squad.

ViniVidivici
11-10-21, 19:53

Ah, but strangely (and sadly), it is.

When the company that gets the raw materials out of the ground is over-regulated.....the company that makes the plastic is over-regulated.....the source of the molds and tooling is over-regulated, the labor is over-paid, the .gov has made it more and more burdensome to hire human beings to work, so much tax-this, that-that, fees here, insurance there, OSHA-this, EPA-that......

Yes, we have strangled ourselves with unending beurocracy and red tape.

Business_Casual
11-10-21, 20:40
Ah, but strangely (and sadly), it is.

When the company that gets the raw materials out of the ground is over-regulated.....the company that makes the plastic is over-regulated.....the source of the molds and tooling is over-regulated, the labor is over-paid, the .gov has made it more and more burdensome to hire human beings to work, so much tax-this, that-that, fees here, insurance there, OSHA-this, EPA-that......

Yes, we have strangled ourselves with unending beurocracy and red tape.

I referred to wages. A concerted plan to destroy our industrial base is different; but I’m not saying I disagree with you on a base level.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-11-21, 17:50
Ukraine
Taiwan
Baltic States

Wake27
11-11-21, 18:25
Ukraine
Taiwan
Baltic States

List of? Flash points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake27
11-11-21, 18:26
COVID - China
Greatest strategic competitor - China
Belt and Road - China
Penetration of political leaders in Western countries - China
Supply chain woes - China
Desert mock-up off US carrier target - China

Strategic ambiguity around defense of Taiwan shattered by Biden.

War with China. Prepare accordingly.

Cue the paid disinformation posts in 5, 4, 3, 2…

Some of the stuff I heard about China’s influence from a three star at work yesterday blew my mind.

SteyrAUG
11-11-21, 18:44
I don't see how any kind of direct conflict with China won't be nuclear and I really don't see China being a martyr state.

They might be willing to kill off their elderly population with an "accidental" release of covid, but I don't think anyone in charge wants to live in a radioactive wasteland.

Diamondback
11-11-21, 18:48
I don't see how any kind of direct conflict with China won't be nuclear and I really don't see China being a martyr state.

They might be willing to kill off their elderly population with an "accidental" release of covid, but I don't think anyone in charge wants to live in a radioactive wasteland.

Depends on what's going through Xi's skull. IIRC, Stalin was getting ready to go for The Big One when he died, supporting rumblings that his Politburo quietly decided "this guy's nuts, better to get rid of him and play the long low-key game and sabotage the Decadent West from within." There are rumblings of friction between Xi and his Central Committee similarly, with questions about 'who's gonna pop who first and time is running out."

DG23
11-11-21, 18:55
Ukraine
Taiwan
Baltic States

All places we will not defend for crap. Especially Taiwan.

Taiwan is no different than Cuba is to us and what happened when the Russians tried to plant nukes there back in the day?

Same will happen if we keep sending Taiwan weapons. At some point China will put their foot down and say 'screw you' and take that dirt by force before we can even blink.

Business_Casual
11-11-21, 20:13

Taiwan is no different than Cuba is to us and what happened when the Russians tried to plant nukes there back in the day?

Same will happen if we keep sending Taiwan weapons. At some point China will put their foot down and say 'screw you' and take that dirt by force before we can even blink.

Which disinformation/Internet influence company do you work for?

https://apple.news/AsAyLW0e7RiStNXYgNfI9qw

Sick man of China:

https://apple.news/Ad6BkUpXvRY-AwomH86NmZQ

Staves off and last minute are not the actions of a solvent enterprise.

lowprone
11-11-21, 20:28
FUSA is in the initial stages of rewriting our history .

Wake27
11-11-21, 21:12

We won’t defend Ukraine or the Baltics? What do you know that makes you qualified to say that?

DG23
11-11-21, 21:36
We won’t defend Ukraine or the Baltics? What do you know that makes you qualified to say that?

The Baltics lies in the backyard of who exactly?

And Ukraine?

Wake27
11-11-21, 23:32
The Baltics lies in the backyard of who exactly?

And Ukraine?

So because of geographical proximity to Russia, you’re stating definitively that we won’t do shit?

Esq.
11-12-21, 07:44
So because of geographical proximity to Russia, you’re stating definitively that we won’t do shit?

Did we or did we not make "security pledges" to Ukraine to get them to give up their Nuclear Arsenal? Simple question, yes or no.

We did, wrote that shit down, signed it.

Who the hell is now in possession of Eastern Ukraine/Crimea? You know, the special assholes that shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 killing nearly 300 people?
What did we do about it?

Jack and Shit.

The questions answer themselves. Has nothing to do with "geographical proximity". It has to do with recent, proven history.

Budapest Agreement-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

Now, you are free to argue that the Baltics etc....would be a "special case" etc....but CURRENT REALITY would suggest you have a tough sell....

Wake27
11-12-21, 10:48
Did we or did we not make "security pledges" to Ukraine to get them to give up their Nuclear Arsenal? Simple question, yes or no.

We did, wrote that shit down, signed it.

Who the hell is now in possession of Eastern Ukraine/Crimea? You know, the special assholes that shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 killing nearly 300 people?
What did we do about it?

Jack and Shit.

The questions answer themselves. Has nothing to do with "geographical proximity". It has to do with recent, proven history.

Budapest Agreement-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

Now, you are free to argue that the Baltics etc....would be a "special case" etc....but CURRENT REALITY would suggest you have a tough sell....

Oh that's right, I forgot that if you can't see it on world news (or wikipedia), then it means that we aren't doing anything. Its amazing how much some of you think you know.

Esq.
11-12-21, 12:10
Oh that's right, I forgot that if you can't see it on world news (or wikipedia), then it means that we aren't doing anything. Its amazing how much some of you think you know.

We have supplied military aid to Ukraine since the 2014 invasion. Basically, we sold/gave them military hardware- a few boats, some counter battery radar, Javelins.... We have cycled- along with the Canadians and some other Nato members, troops through the Yavoriv training facility to help the Ukrainians learn to use the new hardware and generally improve their military. I've got a cousin in the Wisconsin National Guard that went there for example.

I know more about the situation than what I've read on Wikipedia. I actually have a minor in Eastern European studies. I know the region better than most Americans I can promise you, I've traveled there just as the Wall was falling. I studied for several years under Professor Donald Pienkos, the son of Polish immigrants who escaped one step ahead of the murdering damn Russians. Professors Phillip Shasko and Professor Michael Petrovich encouraged me to take on the minor and supervised my study track- recognized experts in the field of Eastern Europe and nationalist studies. Hell, my land lady for two years was Estonian. Her husband, whose picture in his SS Uniform, smiled down from her dining room wall over traditional meals she would fix every Sunday, was killed on the Eastern Front at Tannenberg. You want to argue about Islam, I'm not your guy - but Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Cold War USSR/Warsaw Pact shit, Imperial Russian history, Soviet foreign policy and relations...that's my wheelhouse.

13,000 People have died. Many more (1.8 Million IDPS) are refugees with their homes destroyed or Russians now living in them. There is little if any hope of the territory being somehow returned to the Ukraine. I'm sure they are grateful for our "aid". It seems rather paltry to me though compared to the security afforded by your own nuclear arsenal.....Our tacit approval of Nord Stream 2 over the Ukrainians strenuous objections seems to seriously under cut our "support" for them quite honestly. Even now Putin proclaims us unreliable allies for the lack of American boots on the ground in Ukraine. Coupled with our recent withdrawal from Afg. it is a talking point in their favor. Why do you think the Serbs under Dodik are considering withdrawing from the Dayton Accord framework in Bosnia Herzegovina? The Chinese are pushing us as never before in the South China Sea..... We don't scare them anymore.

Wake27
11-12-21, 13:51
We have supplied military aid to Ukraine since the 2014 invasion. Basically, we sold/gave them military hardware- a few boats, some counter battery radar, Javelins.... We have cycled- along with the Canadians and some other Nato members, troops through the Yavoriv training facility to help the Ukrainians learn to use the new hardware and generally improve their military. I've got a cousin in the Wisconsin National Guard that went there for example.

I know more about the situation than what I've read on Wikipedia. I actually have a minor in Eastern European studies. I know the region better than most Americans I can promise you, I've traveled there just as the Wall was falling. I studied for several years under Professor Donald Pienkos, the son of Polish immigrants who escaped one step ahead of the murdering damn Russians. Professors Phillip Shasko and Professor Michael Petrovich encouraged me to take on the minor and supervised my study track- recognized experts in the field of Eastern Europe and nationalist studies. Hell, my land lady for two years was Estonian. Her husband, whose picture in his SS Uniform, smiled down from her dining room wall over traditional meals she would fix every Sunday, was killed on the Eastern Front at Tannenberg. You want to argue about Islam, I'm not your guy - but Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Cold War USSR/Warsaw Pact shit, Imperial Russian history, Soviet foreign policy and relations...that's my wheelhouse.

13,000 People have died. Many more (1.8 Million IDPS) are refugees with their homes destroyed or Russians now living in them. There is little if any hope of the territory being somehow returned to the Ukraine. I'm sure they are grateful for our "aid". It seems rather paltry to me though compared to the security afforded by your own nuclear arsenal.....Our tacit approval of Nord Stream 2 over the Ukrainians strenuous objections seems to seriously under cut our "support" for them quite honestly. Even now Putin proclaims us unreliable allies for the lack of American boots on the ground in Ukraine. Coupled with our recent withdrawal from Afg. it is a talking point in their favor. Why do you think the Serbs under Dodik are considering withdrawing from the Dayton Accord framework in Bosnia Herzegovina? The Chinese are pushing us as never before in the South China Sea..... We don't scare them anymore.

That's a lot of historical knowledge and I won't begin to pretend to predict this administration's actions, but none of that has anything to do with what the US military has been doing in the region, is currently doing, or has the capability to do.

SteyrAUG
11-12-21, 15:34
Depends on what's going through Xi's skull. IIRC, Stalin was getting ready to go for The Big One when he died, supporting rumblings that his Politburo quietly decided "this guy's nuts, better to get rid of him and play the long low-key game and sabotage the Decadent West from within." There are rumblings of friction between Xi and his Central Committee similarly, with questions about 'who's gonna pop who first and time is running out."

There will be no limited exchange, if anyone sends them - everyone sends them. Biden might be "shitting his pants demented" and Xi might be exactly the same, but the people who are actually in charge of the nukes don't want to glow.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-12-21, 18:22
Is that tight parking lot of Russian vehicles meant to be bait for either an air attack or a drone strike? That overhead imagery has cluster bomb written all over it.

DG23
11-12-21, 18:34
That's a lot of historical knowledge and I won't begin to pretend to predict this administration's actions, but none of that has anything to do with what the US military has been doing in the region, is currently doing, or has the capability to do.

We have not done jack and will not do jack.

Except for possibly sailing a boat or flying a plane close to their territory and turning tail and leaving once they send their ships or fighter jets to shoo us away...

And then we will lie about the 'incident' claiming nobody ran us off from anything we were doing in the area followed by Russia posting VIDEOS shortly after our propaganda / lies are released of them doing just that.

The recent incident with them telling us they were about to ram our ship (cause we were in their waters) was a good example. Once they made it clear what they were going to do we got the hell out of dodge (and then lied about the incident). The Russians posted videos of the entire thing.

Meanwhile in the south china sea we have nuclear subs hitting underwater mountains forcing them to head to Guam for repairs just so they can then be able to go back to their home port for even MORE repairs.

On the bright side - At least our guys did not hit another container ship. LOL!

DG23
11-12-21, 18:51

Do not agree with that part about the geographical proximity.

The closer we get to their geographical boundaries the more difficult it becomes for us to sustain any sort of fight and the easier it becomes for them. Granted we have a crap ton of military bases all over the world but if we are pretty much 'standing in their backyard' they have the advantage.

Esq.
11-12-21, 19:04
Is that tight parking lot of Russian vehicles meant to be bait for either an air attack or a drone strike? That overhead imagery has cluster bomb written all over it.

That should be a clue as to what the Russians believe we are willing/able to do.

Or, the whole thing is just fodder for the Putin domestic front propaganda machine with no intentions of actually doing anything.

50/50

Esq.
11-12-21, 19:06
Do not agree with that part about the geographical proximity.

The closer we get to their geographical boundaries the more difficult it becomes for us to sustain any sort of fight and the easier it becomes for them. Granted we have a crap ton of military bases all over the world but if we are pretty much 'standing in their backyard' they have the advantage.

Sure, wars are always harder to fight away from home. The Russians are pretty much unable to project force outside their immediate borders these days-- but nobody has done all that well on their turf in the attack.

My comment was more directed to the idea that our recent history in the region does nothing to make the Russians believe we would step in, boots on the ground, for Ukraine.

DG23
11-12-21, 19:47
Sure, wars are always harder to fight away from home. The Russians are pretty much unable to project force outside their immediate borders these days-- but nobody has done all that well on their turf in the attack.

My comment was more directed to the idea that our recent history in the region does nothing to make the Russians believe we would step in, boots on the ground, for Ukraine.

In the case of Ukraine all Russia has to do is send troops / equipment to their border and they are THERE. They have done so in the past with Ukraine and are doing it now.

https://apnews.com/article/william-burns-antony-blinken-ukraine-europe-russia-92eecff683cef43a4bc8f24837d83ff2

We backed off last time they sent troops to that border and we will back off this time as well. They get practice moving stuff to said border in a hurry and we get practice with press releases.

Wake27
11-12-21, 23:08
In the case of Ukraine all Russia has to do is send troops / equipment to their border and they are THERE. They have done so in the past with Ukraine and are doing it now.

https://apnews.com/article/william-burns-antony-blinken-ukraine-europe-russia-92eecff683cef43a4bc8f24837d83ff2

We backed off last time they sent troops to that border and we will back off this time as well. They get practice moving stuff to said border in a hurry and we get practice with press releases.

You still haven’t stated a single reason why TF anyone should listen to you like you know anything.

Buncheong
11-13-21, 13:40
There won’t be any war with China (or Russia). It’s suicide for the US ruling class.

The IQs of this board continue to plummet …

Rifleman_04
11-13-21, 16:04
There won’t be any war with China (or Russia). It’s suicide for the US ruling class.

US, Russia and Chinas ruling class*

SteyrAUG
11-13-21, 16:27

Exactly, the day they stop collecting taxes, is pretty much the first of their last days.

Business_Casual
11-14-21, 10:19
Are you sure that non-senile leaders outside the USA share your views?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-to-meet-with-chinas-xi-in-virtual-summit-on-monday_4101654.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport

https://www.westernjournal.com/russia-sending-paratroopers-belarus-region-amid-speculation-invasion-ukraine/

Business_Casual
11-16-21, 09:17
https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukraine-russia-troops-border-blinken-concerns-invasion

Putin tests Biden.