PDA

View Full Version : more durable M4 or T-1?

bigshooter
12-13-08, 12:59
want to get my wife an aimpoint for x-mas.

she is likely to beat the hell out of whatever I get her, I'm certian that both the M4 or the T-1 could handle it but I am leary about the T-1 because the lenses aren't recessed much.

:confused:

thanks -

LettersFromEarth
12-13-08, 13:17
Anytime me and my "ODS" shoot the first thing she remarks on is the weight of a weapon and/or anything that you can hang off of same (lights, optics, ect). So if I were in your situations (cool ass gift BTW :) ) I would go with a T1 or H1 micro AP. Also, if its for an AR, consider using GG&Gs mount for it as it can mount lens covers for the Micro.

Have a Happy Holiday!

Failure2Stop
12-13-08, 14:04
I can't pretend to know what your wife will like, but FWIW my next 1X will be a T-1.

twodollarbill
12-13-08, 14:48
Go T-1 and don't look back!!!

FJB
12-13-08, 17:06
watch www.downrange.tv/show2 video clips Part 2 & 3. The Micro T-1 or H-1 is plenty rugged enough for what your wife will do to it.

S/F

TehLlama
12-14-08, 02:25
The M4 is probably more rugged... but a T-1 will still outlast the operator tenfold, so I'd go with that.

BushmasterFanBoy
12-15-08, 23:38
I remember GotM4 (Site staff here) said:

My favorite Aimpoints are my T1 and M4S.
The M4 series is very likely more durable than anything else Aimpoint makes. Watch the FJB videos. I know Aimpoint also has a M4 that survived after having a flash bang taped detonated that was out on a T&E.

The part about the flash bang sounds amazing that it could hold up to that. The M4 has longer battery life, is water proof at 150ft compared to the T-1's 80ft. The M4, in my opinion (based only on what I have read), appears to be the more reliable optic of the two.

In all reality I think your splitting hairs in regards to durability with the T-1 and the M4 optics. Both are excellent. The T-1 seems to be the "fashion" optic right now, its neat and cute. Aimpoint makes them both, you know they are good to go. Since you asked the question, I believe that the answer is the M4 is "more durable". By how much I don't know, but if that difference in durability is useful for you then go for it.

kjo
12-16-08, 17:43
i'd also go with the t-1 (unless size DOES matter)

kjo

CarlosDJackal
12-23-08, 10:58
T-1 (if she plans on using NODs) or H-1. It's lightweight and unobtrusiveness is head and shoulders above the others.

markm
12-23-08, 11:14
Why would she beat the hell out of it? :confused:

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-24-08, 02:45
I remember GotM4 (Site staff here) said:

The part about the flash bang sounds amazing that it could hold up to that. The M4 has longer battery life, is water proof at 150ft compared to the T-1's 80ft.

The only issue is that I'm not water proof to 80, never mind 150.

Never tried them side-by-side, but I bought a T-1, but haven't shot it yet. Done some dry firing and stuff. Pretty sweet. I don't know if the M4s would be more forgiving , IE larger "cone" behind the optic to see the red dot?

BushmasterFanBoy
12-24-08, 15:09
I don't know if the M4s would be more forgiving , IE larger "cone" behind the optic to see the red dot?

Yes, it is. That's why I prefer the M4/M3/M2 series. If you need the weight savings, or can't mount a bulky Aimpoint to your pistol/shotgun/AK then the T-1 is hard to beat.

The only issue is that I'm not water proof to 80, never mind 150.

Very true :D. That's why I added at the end of my original post, just how durable do YOU (as in the end user) need an optic to be? I think the T-1 is plenty durable enough for my needs, but I didn't like the smaller tube. But, it does seem that the M4 may in fact be more durable, though whether or not it matters is up for debate.