PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running the BCA aide charging 22LR upper?

TacticalSpeed
11-14-21, 16:31
Finally got to the range with it today & FTF or FTE damn near every other round.

Running it on a PSA or Anderson lower (I'll have to look again lol), CMMG lpk & CMMG mil spec FCG. Also running the better-mag adapter to use my m&p15-22 mags.

It was well lubed. Anyone else have issues with theirs?

AndyLate
11-15-21, 07:17
Were you able to try a couple brands/types of ammo? I do not lube my (top charger) .22 AR very heavily, fwiw.

I would suggest reaching out to BCA. The 22 AR may never be as reliable as a 5.56, but malfunctions should be the exception, not the rule. Mine is as reliable as my 10-22.

Andy

czgunner
11-15-21, 09:10
Delete

TacticalSpeed
11-15-21, 10:06
Were you able to try a couple brands/types of ammo? I do not lube my (top charger) .22 AR very heavily, fwiw.

I would suggest reaching out to BCA. The 22 AR may never be as reliable as a 5.56, but malfunctions should be the exception, not the rule. Mine is as reliable as my 10-22.

Andy

Tried a few different kinds of ammo

wanderson
11-16-21, 14:18
Not sure if this will work for the Nordic patterned BCAs but my RTB (CMMG patterned) had occasional light strikes and a BoreBuddy firing pin and pressure plug fixed it. Most likely was the pressure plug, before it arrived I stuck a hose washer between the buffer & carrier and it ran fine.

TacticalSpeed
11-16-21, 15:26
Not sure if this will work for the Nordic patterned BCAs but my RTB (CMMG patterned) had occasional light strikes and a BoreBuddy firing pin and pressure plug fixed it. Most likely was the pressure plug, before it arrived I stuck a hose washer between the buffer & carrier and it ran fine.

Had a pretty terrible experience with that company so I will never be doing business with bore buddy again. Does anyone else make that plug? I'm up for trying it. It might be the better mag adapter. I have a catch 22 mag adapter on the way now

Skunk Pilot
11-28-21, 21:48
Had a pretty terrible experience with that company so I will never be doing business with bore buddy again. Does anyone else make that plug? I'm up for trying it. It might be the better mag adapter. I have a catch 22 mag adapter on the way now

I went with this from RightToBear $20: Spike's Tactical ST22 End Cap Buffer Pistol Plug - Black (https://www.righttobear.com/spike-s-tactical-st22-pistol-plug-black-st2p100/)

TacticalSpeed
11-29-21, 13:54
I went with this from RightToBear $20: Spike's Tactical ST22 End Cap Buffer Pistol Plug - Black (https://www.righttobear.com/spike-s-tactical-st22-pistol-plug-black-st2p100/)

I put a Taccom plug in it & ditched the better-mag. We shall see what happens when I get back to the range

26 Inf
11-30-21, 23:58
I put a Taccom plug in it & ditched the better-mag. We shall see what happens when I get back to the range

I have two better mags, no problems with either. Well, other than that that I have lost the bolt catch before and had to call to get another one.

M&P 15-22 mags are a better option than anything else I've used.