PDA

View Full Version : Weight lifting belt for daughter

Krazykarl
11-23-21, 06:00
My daughter is starting to really enjoy deadlifts and squats. She is getting up to enough weight now that I would like to get her a nice leather belt for Christmas. I don't know what to get. I see that Titan is still in business since I bought mine from them in 1988. Mine has seen decades of use especially during my collegiate competitions. My only concern with her is the width of the belt pinching her abdomen during deep movements. Are the narrow belts (3") even legal for competition if she chooses to try one?

Yes, I raised a meat head. Except it is a blonde girl....

Averageman
11-23-21, 08:11
I'm guessing if She's rather Petite you might be better off looking for a Tandy kit and building it together over the Holidays.

Krazykarl
11-23-21, 08:30
I read some good reviews of the Rogue 3" Ohio leather belt. I have never laid hands on Rogues accessories. Their bars and racks see a lot of use in my department. Hold up well so far.

WillBrink
11-23-21, 09:01
My daughter is starting to really enjoy deadlifts and squats. She is getting up to enough weight now that I would like to get her a nice leather belt for Christmas. I don't know what to get. I see that Titan is still in business since I bought mine from them in 1988. Mine has seen decades of use especially during my collegiate competitions. My only concern with her is the width of the belt pinching her abdomen during deep movements. Are the narrow belts (3") even legal for competition if she chooses to try one?

Yes, I raised a meat head. Except it is a blonde girl....

To not get into the debate over benefits/lack of benefits to belts, if you want to get her something really nice as a motivator to lift (always a good thing), get a Cardillo, perhaps with her name on it and such:

https://cardillousa.com/

T

Coal Dragger
11-23-21, 09:51
I read some good reviews of the Rogue 3" Ohio leather belt. I have never laid hands on Rogues accessories. Their bars and racks see a lot of use in my department. Hold up well so far.

I have a Rogue Ohio belt although a different model that is 5” uniform height.

It’s been a great piece of gear. Get her some weightlifting shoes too while you’re at it.

Krazykarl
11-23-21, 10:54
More shoes for princess? Why not!!

Coal Dragger
11-23-21, 11:34
If she enjoys squatting purpose built lifting shoes will help her get more consistent depth, and they’re way way more stable than squishy running or cross training shoes.

Krazykarl
11-23-21, 11:59
If she enjoys squatting purpose built lifting shoes will help her get more consistent depth, and they’re way way more stable than squishy running or cross training shoes.
I completely agree with the shoes. I still have my safe squat shoes.