PDA

View Full Version : Brownell's Inventory? Will backorders be canceled?

zippygaloo
12-13-08, 18:28
Anyone know how often Brownell's gets new inventory. I've been waiting for weeks to see new PMAG's and have yet to see any.

I've got some on backorder with them but have no idea how long that wait will be (since I've never had a backorder with them).

Anyone know when they will be getting more stuff in or who they give their inventory to first?

Fire_Medic
12-13-08, 18:35
I think by some freak accident I'm getting the 5 black 30 round PMAGS I ordered, but I also have on backorder 5 30 rounders in FDE and 5 20 rounders in FDE. I have come to the conclusion that for me, their prices can't be beat, it just might be a little wait time. Eventually the orders will get filled. I was told by the end of January to the beginning of February on my magazine back orders that were placed this past week. I get the products from Brownells cheaper than my local LE dealer sells to me for.

YMMV

zippygaloo
12-13-08, 18:44
I don't mind waiting. My concern is in regards to a potential AWB. If there is an AWB and I haven't received the high capacity magazines that I have backordered, would those "backorders" honored or canceled?

Fire_Medic
12-13-08, 18:50
I don't mind waiting. My concern is in regards to a potential AWB. If there is an AWB and I haven't received the high capacity magazines that I have backordered, would those "backorders" honored or canceled?

Good question, and I don't know. We also don't know how soon a ban would go into effect.

hawk
12-13-08, 18:52
I don't think you'll see an AWB within the first 100 days after innauguration and probably not within the first year so I think you're safe. They'll have plenty to keep them busy until then.

zippygaloo
12-13-08, 19:05
I don't think you'll see an AWB within the first 100 days after innauguration and probably not within the first year so I think you're safe. They'll have plenty to keep them busy until then.

You say that, but my guess is it will be one of the first things on their agenda. Why you ask? Well, they have so much they want to do that the only way they will be able to achieve any of it is to make the people feel powerless in every way, shape and form. I'll be honest, owning firearms is the only thing that makes me feel like I've got a fighting chance to stop the tyranny I see developing. Without them you might as well put a fork in us, because at that point we're done!

Iraqgunz
12-13-08, 19:09
Newsflash- There is alot of other shit happening right now and I seriously doubt that gun control is on the front burner. As a matter of fact it is probably in the freezer.

If a new AWB is passed it won't matter if they are on order, back-ordered or if you have a promissary note. Once the law goes into effect that's it. In order to be grandfathered they would need to be in your possession.

Seriously though. Quit worrying about a ban. Focus on doing what you need to do to get the stuff that you need and staying prepared.

hawk
12-13-08, 19:35
I think there's a lot of congressmen who remember what happened to their colleagues after the last ban in 1994. (A lot of them got voted out of office) Back to your original post, I can't find the quote right now but it was something like Brownells gets hundreds of Pmags every week and i think the surge of buying is starting to subside.

Sam
12-13-08, 20:31
I placed my order the third week of November for 20 magazines, still waiting.

zippygaloo
12-13-08, 20:35
Placed mine 11/10/08 and still waiting.

SwatDawg15
12-13-08, 21:25
The USGI 30rd mags are starting to pop up again in stock at different vendors... i think im gonna start buying them until the P-Mag mayham is over.

Verbal Kint
12-13-08, 21:40
If you feel that strongly about a AWB (or that worried, rather) cancel your Brownells order and go with one of the several vendors and sites that have been listed here in the past week. I've had two orders already filled (received) and a third fixing to ship out in just the past 2 weeks. No sense in waiting and wondering "what if", if you can get them elsewhere (now) for the normal price.

jar420
12-13-08, 23:36
Newsflash- There is alot of other shit happening right now and I seriously doubt that gun control is on the front burner. As a matter of fact it is probably in the freezer.

If a new AWB is passed it won't matter if they are on order, back-ordered or if you have a promissary note. Once the law goes into effect that's it. In order to be grandfathered they would need to be in your possession.

Seriously though. Quit worrying about a ban. Focus on doing what you need to do to get the stuff that you need and staying prepared.

THANK YOU! This is what I keep telling everyone. I'm sick of all the paranoia.

zippygaloo
12-13-08, 23:41
It's not paranoia. I just want my mags.

The fact of the matter is we don't know if gun control is on the front burner or back burner or if it's in the freezer. However, we will find out very soon. In any case I just want to exercise my rights.

Iraqgunz
12-14-08, 01:07
Zippy,
Even if it is in the microwave getting ready to be served unless the magazines are in your possession it's all moot. The retailer will lose out as well as they cannot legally sell them. You also have to take into account that once it is signed it is at least 60 days before it actually becomes law AFAIK.

FYI- Brownells is getting weekly shipments and I ordered mags from them on 01 DEC. I was told that they should be shipping before 21 DEC.

It's not paranoia. I just want my mags.

The fact of the matter is we don't know if gun control is on the front burner or back burner or if it's in the freezer. However, we will find out very soon. In any case I just want to exercise my rights.

zippygaloo
12-14-08, 01:15
You're the second guy that has said you "were told". Who is telling you this? I've got a backorder too and nobody is telling me (emailing me) jack squat!

Iraqgunz
12-14-08, 01:25
The nice lady at Brownells customer service when I called them on the phone.

You're the second guy that has said you "were told". Who is telling you this? I've got a backorder too and nobody is telling me (emailing me) jack squat!

Ridge_Runner_5
12-14-08, 01:30
Obama has bigger fish to fry before he can even think of an AWB...things like Iraq, Afghanistan, the Economy, and picking out the rest of his cabinet...hell, they wont even let him in the White House Guest Room yet, so he's SOL...

sholling
12-14-08, 02:27
I don't think you'll see an AWB within the first 100 days after innauguration and probably not within the first year so I think you're safe. They'll have plenty to keep them busy until then.I respectfully disagree. The congressional leadership remembers what happened after the 94 ban and will want to put as much time as humanly possible between any ban and the 2010 congressional elections. They'll also want to take advantage of the Obama honeymoon. Finally Obama needs to show one accomplishment in his first 180 days and fixing the economy and establishing world peace are likely to take a tad longer than six months. That my friends is their best window of opportunity - the first 180 days. After that it's too close to the 2010 congressional elections. Thats' why both MSNBC and National Geographic have begun airing anti 2nd Amendment propaganda specials so soon. Look for even more shorty after the coronation.

2011 and 2012 are out of the question as well. Those dates would threaten The One's quest for a second term and the 2012 congressional elections. No, any big move needs to happen soon after the anointed one ascends the throne, oops I mean soon after the ingratiation. That gives them eight years to nibble away at whats left of our rights in small easily digested bites.

jar420
12-14-08, 02:37
I respectfully disagree. The congressional leadership remembers what happened after the 94 ban and will want to put as much time as humanly possible between any ban and the 2010 congressional elections. They'll also want to take advantage of the Obama honeymoon. Finally Obama needs to show one accomplishment in his first 180 days and fixing the economy and establishing world peace are likely to take a tad longer than six months. That my friends is their best window of opportunity - the first 180 days. After that it's too close to the 2010 congressional elections. Thats' why both MSNBC and National Geographic have begun airing anti 2nd Amendment propaganda specials so soon. Look for even more shorty after the coronation.

2011 and 2012 are out of the question as well. Those dates would threaten The One's quest for a second term and the 2012 congressional elections. No, any big move needs to happen soon after the anointed one ascends the throne, oops I mean soon after the ingratiation. That gives them eight years to nibble away at whats left of our rights in small easily digested bites.

I respect your opinion, and you raise a valid point. However, I still think we're good for some time. They'll look incredibly stupid messing with guns when our economy is in shambles, people are out of work, we're engaged in multiply wars, etc.

sholling
12-14-08, 02:41
I respect your opinion, and you raise a valid point. However, I still think we're good for some time. They'll look incredibly stupid messing with guns when our economy is in shambles, people are out of work, we're engaged in multiply wars, etc.
Exactly, which means that the sheeple and the press will be way to busy worrying about wars and the economy to pay much attention while an evil black rifle ban sails through congress.

K9-Bob
12-14-08, 02:49
Myabe the Blagojevich scandal will drags some of the Dems into the mix and keep them busy wondering if the US Attorney in Chicago is coming for them next.

You gotta love a good scandal prior to the coronation!:)

jar420
12-14-08, 02:50
Exactly, which means that the sheeple and the press will be way to busy worrying about wars and the economy to pay much attention while an evil black rifle ban sails through congress.

Good point. I do still think we're GTG unless we have another nutjob dumbass go on a Virginia Tech style shooting spree. If that happens we're doomed immediately with this administration. Needless to say, I do think we're on borrowed time....I give it approx. 18-24 months before we see a new ban.

zippygaloo
12-14-08, 03:04
Any ban is really about "control" of people and has nothing to do with guns.

Patrick Henry
12-14-08, 03:23
A lot of wishful thinking, here. :(

Obama and Biden are rabid anti-2nd Amendment nutjobs! Don't get caught with your stubby in your hand and your pants down, saying to yourself, "I thought they'd wait a while before doing anything?" :rolleyes:

It's not paranoia, it's a simple matter of looking at their previous records and their stated positions on the expiration of the previous AWB (of which BIDEN was an author!!!).

But please don't listen to me. Instead, leave all the Pmags on the shelves for me. You can buy yours in 18-24 months since you're so confident in your new benign, benevolent dick-tator.

Iraqgunz
12-14-08, 03:57
I don't think that anyone has their head in the sand on this one. But for those thinking that they need the mags, parts, etc...before 21 January 09 it's just ridiculous. I have been stocking up way in advance of Obamanation so if something were to happen sooner rather than later I would be comfortable.

Place your orders, wait for it to come in and be prepared. All is senseless worring that you can't control.

Obama and Biden are rabid anti-2nd Amendment nutjobs! Don't get caught with your stubby in your hand and your pants down, saying to yourself, "I thought they'd wait a while before doing anything?" :rolleyes:

It's not paranoia, it's a simple matter of looking at their previous records and their stated positions on the expiration of the previous AWB (of which BIDEN was an author!!!).

But please don't listen to me. Instead, leave all the Pmags on the shelves for me. You can buy yours in 18-24 months since you're so confident in your new benign, benevolent dick-tator.

jar420
12-14-08, 04:01

Well, I don't need any Pmags. I bought my supply of mags/guns/ammo long before the dipshit frenzy. Not much on waiting until the last minute. I was just stating my opinion on when they likely pass a new ban, I didn't say it wasn't coming. And since when is he my dictator??? Chill out....same team here.