PDA

View Full Version : UAW just gave Biden the big middle finger...

DG23
11-27-21, 11:14
**** Joe Biden...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/big-three-us-automakers-agree-not-mandate-vaccines-uaw-union-members

Ford, General Motors and Stellantis have agreed the United Auto Workers union members will not be forced to take the mandatory vaccine as a condition of employment.

Additionally, the vaccine status of the workers will remain private with a policy of private and voluntary disclosure.

About damn time some of the bigger companies stood up for their workers privacy and said FU to Biden and his unlawful mandates that would harm those workers and ultimately their businesses.

Averageman
11-27-21, 11:16
This is very good news for freedom.

tgizzard
11-27-21, 11:26
This makes me happy. We need more institutions to give the middle finger to this admin’s unjust over reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DG23
11-27-21, 11:42
This is very good news for freedom.

And privacy...

Saw a clip the other day of a news conference where a reporter asked the official if he had been vaccinated - He replied by asking her is she had any STD's...

And then 'explained' to her why medical privacy was important. He should not have had to 'explain' that crap to her but did so in a way she could understand.

Going forward, That will be my reply to anyone asking if I have been vaccinated. "You have any STD's? You have any documentation to prove that?". If they have no documents to prove they are 'clean' the conversation will be over.

markm
11-27-21, 12:12
NICE!!!

Coal Dragger
11-27-21, 14:05
Good for the UAW looking out for their members.

I wish the BLE-T would do the same in my industry.

lowprone
11-27-21, 21:51
They are just reading which way the wind is blowing.

ThirdWatcher
11-28-21, 00:26
Of course the UAW endorsed Biden for president in 2020.

flenna
11-28-21, 07:52
Of course the UAW endorsed Biden for president in 2020.

And will continue to support the ComDems. Considering how the ComDems usually have a carve out for their union friends when passing crappy, destructive bills I really see the UAW's non-conformance as a non-issue for the current administration.

AndyLate
11-28-21, 10:16

They are giving Biden an easy out from his idiotic mandate. In 2 years, the UAW will be reminding us how brandon got rid of Trumps illegal mandate.

Andy

duece71
11-28-21, 10:38
Good news.

nick84
11-28-21, 12:14
As someone who has been a member in both the UAW and IAM (intl assoc of machinists, if you don't know) I can tell you that the private sector unionized workforce is more or less in upheaval at the moment.

Traditional democratic loyalties are out the window at the membership level; you don't stroll through a factory and see toolboxes with Biden stickers on them. The only ones that say "Hillary" also say "for prison."

But I wouldn't trust the leadership further that I can throw them. Defying the mandate is low hanging fruit for leadership that's desperate to hold onto members in a period of general economic changes, without even starting on union politics. They won't be coming out as free marketeers or principled federalists anytime soon, and they're just as likely to be spending union dues on Harris 2024 as anything else.

All in all it's good news, but I wouldn't read too deep into it.

ViniVidivici
11-28-21, 13:02
Is this a thing where they all mostly have the shots anyway, and it's just grandstanding?

nick84
11-28-21, 15:33
Is this a thing where they all mostly have the shots anyway, and it's just grandstanding?

Based on my current experience, no. Many tradesmen are extremely wary of the jab, and have created an extraordinary amount of friction over the mandate. It's union leadership whose sincerity is in question.

The_War_Wagon
11-28-21, 16:55
let'sgo Brandon - not just for college football, anymore.

Renegade
11-28-21, 18:31
First time ever I agree with UAW.

World is upside down.

3 AE
11-28-21, 19:23
"Saw a clip the other day of a news conference where a reporter asked the official if he had been vaccinated - He replied by asking her is she had any STD's.."

DG23, Thanks for posting that bit of info. It made my day!!! :lol:

Coal Dragger
11-28-21, 21:54
As someone who has been a member in both the UAW and IAM (intl assoc of machinists, if you don't know) I can tell you that the private sector unionized workforce is more or less in upheaval at the moment.

Traditional democratic loyalties are out the window at the membership level; you don't stroll through a factory and see toolboxes with Biden stickers on them. The only ones that say "Hillary" also say "for prison."

But I wouldn't trust the leadership further that I can throw them. Defying the mandate is low hanging fruit for leadership that's desperate to hold onto members in a period of general economic changes, without even starting on union politics. They won't be coming out as free marketeers or principled federalists anytime soon, and they're just as likely to be spending union dues on Harris 2024 as anything else.

All in all it's good news, but I wouldn't read too deep into it.

Yeah BLE-T member here, now part of the Teamsters.

The stereotype of union members being leftists is surely no longer accurate. It’s too bad Republican politicians can’t seem to understand the membership is who to speak to not the union leaders.

The dynamic of political belief within private sector unions is changing dramatically.

ThirdWatcher
11-29-21, 03:32

The stereotype of union members being leftists is surely no longer accurate. It’s too bad Republican politicians can’t seem to understand the membership is who to speak to not the union leaders.

The dynamic of political belief within private sector unions is changing dramatically.

I worked (retirement job) as a Patrolman in a LE agency in which Officers were represented by the Teamsters. Our union rep was as conservative as we were (his son was an LEO in another agency). I didn’t know anyone that would admit to voting Demoncrap.

flenna
11-29-21, 05:39

That may be, but which party do the unions send millions of dollars to? Which party do they openly campaign for?

AndyLate
11-29-21, 07:07
That may be, but which party do the unions send millions of dollars to? Which party do they openly campaign for?

Which party does the UAW continue to support in glowing terms? https://uaw.org/uaw-president-ray-curry-president-joe-biden-signing-landmark-infrastructure-bill-law/

It doesn't matter how the rank and file union workers vote. It matters what the union they finance does.

Andy

Adrenaline_6
11-29-21, 07:34
Which party does the UAW continue to support in glowing terms? https://uaw.org/uaw-president-ray-curry-president-joe-biden-signing-landmark-infrastructure-bill-law/

It doesn't matter how the rank and file union workers vote. It matters what the union they finance does.

Andy

Yea...most just vote for who the unions endorse rather than educating themselves.

tb-av
11-29-21, 21:02

With an eye towards re-aligning the course to favor their sails before 2024.

I would love to see unions hoist RED Mainsails in 2024 and actually help unify The USA but I'm still not feeling it.

What we as RED voting need are the Mexican, Asian, Indian population and I can't for the life of me figure why they don't adopt the RED mentality. Most of the ones I meet don't live the LEFT BLUE life.

Most that I meet are upper level professionals, upper rung ladder climbers, or independent blue collar.

Having said that and being a Virginian and damn happy with the election results this month, if you ever thought about talking to your co-workers, friends, anybody, ... about taking the RED pill in 2024... now is the time.

JiminAZ
11-30-21, 20:31
"Saw a clip the other day of a news conference where a reporter asked the official if he had been vaccinated - He replied by asking her is she had any STD's.."

DG23, Thanks for posting that bit of info. It made my day!!! :lol:

That "official" was Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich. He is running for Senate and I'm excited about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0DW9m0q6sI

Pacific5th
11-30-21, 23:10

Almost no support for the dems in my terminal. Of coarse it’s N Idaho/E Washington but still. There’s a few hard core dems and many hard core republicans then there’s a lot Like me that are fed up with both parties. Most of weather BLE-T or UTU/SMART have opted out of the option to have a few bucks put towards the Political Fund.

.45fan
12-02-21, 12:00
Good for them that they did this, but I'd bet that 95%+ are already vaccinated.

This coming from someone that had lived in the Detroit suburbs for half a century, so I've had contact with a "Big 3" UAW worker or two.

AndyLate
12-02-21, 12:12
Good for them that they did this, but I'd bet that 95%+ are already vaccinated.

This coming from someone that had lived in the Detroit suburbs for half a century, so I've had contact with a "Big 3" UAW worker or two.

I have no problem with the vaccine and am vaccinated, but that does not matter. The mandate is where the govt overstepped and I agree with UAW, other unions, employers and the states who are fighting it.

Andy

.45fan
12-02-21, 12:18
I have no problem with the vaccine and am vaccinated, but that does not matter. The mandate is where the govt overstepped and I agree with UAW, other unions, employers and the states who are fighting it.

AndyWhile you are not wrong, in my opinion what they are doing is smoke and mirrors.

Hey we refuse to make our vaccinated employees get a vaccine (wink, wink).

Mjolnir
12-02-21, 12:48
**** Joe Biden...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/big-three-us-automakers-agree-not-mandate-vaccines-uaw-union-members

About damn time some of the bigger companies stood up for their workers privacy and said FU to Biden and his unlawful mandates that would harm those workers and ultimately their businesses.

Who cares?

The UAW **SUPPORTED** NAFTA!

I know because I was an engineer at Ford in Dearborn and recalled debating with hourly and salary workers.

They’ve helped destroy the USA.

Adrenaline_6
12-02-21, 13:38
Who cares?

The UAW **SUPPORTED** NAFTA!

I know because I was an engineer at Ford in Dearborn and recalled debating with hourly and salary workers.

They’ve helped destroy the USA.

Yea...kind of like watching one douchebag calling out another douchebag.

Mjolnir
12-02-21, 16:03
Yea...kind of like watching one douchebag calling out another douchebag.

Yup.

Coal Dragger
12-02-21, 22:26
Almost no support for the dems in my terminal. Of coarse it’s N Idaho/E Washington but still. There’s a few hard core dems and many hard core republicans then there’s a lot Like me that are fed up with both parties. Most of weather BLE-T or UTU/SMART have opted out of the option to have a few bucks put towards the Political Fund.

Same story out of EDGEMO.

Stickman
12-03-21, 08:14
Mandatory vaccines is a change in working conditions and would require collective bargaining, or at least that is the way it was probably pushed to management.

Gabriel556
12-06-21, 09:20
My company has suspended their push for everyone being vaccinated. We have one of 3 assembly plants in Ohio, staffed by members of the UAW. Between this and the courts blocking the mandate in KY, OH, and TN I see this as a positive.