PDA

View Full Version : Who's the current hotness in holsters?

okie
11-30-21, 01:31
Looking for an OWB holster for everyday carry. Raven was my go to back in the day, but looks like they went corporate.

Hush
11-30-21, 04:44
What's your EDC? Raven went injection molded, but the perun is as nice as a Phantom with less bulk. Hopefully you're not OC, if so safariland ALS is the only serious option.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-30-21, 05:08
Tenicor, LAS Concealment, Tier 1 Concealment.

georgeib
11-30-21, 05:22
Tier 1 has an amazing selection of guns they make holsters for, and quality has been solid in my experience.

Hank6046
11-30-21, 07:29
https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/

I like these guys, I have some TREX

rushca01
11-30-21, 12:44
I’ve been looking LAS Concealment for IWB and Tier 1 for OWB as they can do a QLS system which makes it easy to switch holsters out between guns on the same belt.

WickedWillis
11-30-21, 13:02
Tenicor, Phlster are my go to's. Safariland is hard to beat. I have heard great things about Tier 1, and ANR designs as well.

I have always loved the G-code stuff too.

everready73
11-30-21, 13:04
If you carry a Glock or use a light, PHLSTER has some good products

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/phlster-summit-holster/ OWB for Glock

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/floodlight-owb/ Works with most guns with X300 or TLR-1

Delta-3
11-30-21, 15:53
Lots of choices presented. I like T-Rex or G-Code.

pag23
11-30-21, 18:17
Dara makes good holsters, but the Kydex might be a little think but it is durable. The curved clip helps to keep the holster close to your body.

https://www.daraholsters.com/owb-holsters-1/

kwelz
11-30-21, 22:04
I recently purchased three Tier 1 holsters. Two IWB and one OWB with retention. I have been really happy so far.

Leonidas24
11-30-21, 23:42
If you like the older style of Raven Phantoms then check out Persec Systems. I had one for an M&P fullsize several years ago and it held up well during the time I carried it for work. Lots of range time; several classes, and daily winter carry under a jacket. The owner used to post here at one point 8-ish years ago.

okie
12-01-21, 01:11
I recently purchased three Tier 1 holsters. Two IWB and one OWB with retention. I have been really happy so far.

I'm really towards the retention one. I've had several times over the last 10 years where my G19 somehow got out of my Phantom. Freaked me out. One time I took off my jacket, and my Glock flopped out onto the floor. The gun had worked its way out somehow and the jacket had kept it from falling on the ground. I have no idea how long it was like that.

jbjh
12-01-21, 02:10
If you like the older style of Raven Phantoms then check out Persec Systems. I had one for an M&P fullsize several years ago and it held up well during the time I carried it for work. Lots of range time; several classes, and daily winter carry under a jacket. The owner used to post here at one point 8-ish years ago.

I think Persec is no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckman
12-01-21, 08:18
I think Persec is no more.

I bought a kydex holster about 7, maybe 8 years ago, from a different company. It's awesome. A couple years ago I went to get another, linky no worky. I contacted the email on the business card that came with the holster, turns out the biz went belly-up, just couldn't produce and sell enough to be a viable business. I think this is a common issue in the biz

jpgm
12-01-21, 09:43
I have an Alpha holster from Dsg arms. They are very close to the old Raven Phantom's. I really like mine.

jpgm

ViniVidivici
12-01-21, 09:44
JMCK.

Honu
12-01-21, 11:12
I use TXC IWB
but want to get a few Tier 1 they seem to be doing some really good stuff these days and would be my vote

MegademiC
12-01-21, 12:51
Safariland for retention
Trex for non

Inkslinger
12-01-21, 14:22
Safariland for retention
Trex for non

My Ragnarok grips my pistol so good, it’s damn near a retention holster. If I didn’t have the thigh strap, I would probably look like Barney Fife trying to draw it. I have not been disappointed by anything I’ve gotten from T-Rex, G Code, or Tier 1.

Boy Scout
12-02-21, 10:03
Looking for an OWB holster for everyday carry. Raven was my go to back in the day, but looks like they went corporate.

I bought a kydex holster about 7, maybe 8 years ago, from a different company. It's awesome. A couple years ago I went to get another, linky no worky. I contacted the email on the business card that came with the holster, turns out the biz went belly-up, just couldn't produce and sell enough to be a viable business. I think this is a common issue in the biz

I bought an original Phantom when Raven was just the red headed dude making Kydex holsters one at a time at the gun show, at least 10+ years ago. After all that time it developed a crack on the back piece of Kydex, but is still usable. I mentioned this in passing on another message board or maybe Instagram and a Raven rep said to send them pictures and they would send me a new Perun to replace it.

Adrenaline_6
12-02-21, 12:33
My IWB is by Black Arch - very comfortable.

My OWB is a C&G - I also had a Raven Phantom(still do) until I changed from Right to Left handed. Like you, I found Raven no longer made their Phantom and also no longer made HK P30 holsters either. The OWB C&G is a great holster - very good retention and fit/finish.

https://www.candgholsters.com/

rero360
12-03-21, 00:58
I bought an INCOG for my M&P some years back but quickly realized that I can't conceal a double stack pistol, but it's a great holster anyways. I recently got my hands on a G43X and placed an order for a Phenom Stealth, hopefully, that combo works for my body type. I have I think three other holsters from G-Code as well, OWB ones for the M&P, the M9, and 1911.

okie
12-05-21, 16:44
I bought an original Phantom when Raven was just the red headed dude making Kydex holsters one at a time at the gun show, at least 10+ years ago. After all that time it developed a crack on the back piece of Kydex, but is still usable. I mentioned this in passing on another message board or maybe Instagram and a Raven rep said to send them pictures and they would send me a new Perun to replace it.

Nice, that is the weakness of kydex, it will eventually crack after so many draws, but so will polymer. Probably the longest lasting holsters are horsehide. I would really like to see a horsehide kydex hybrid, where the kydex inserts were easily replaceable. It would retain like kydex but last forever. Leather belt loops are also way more comfortable because they mold into your body. Sheesh, just about talked myself into getting a Kramer horsehide holster. I have one for my G43 and it's amazing.

jbjh
12-06-21, 01:25
Nice, that is the weakness of kydex, it will eventually crack after so many draws, but so will polymer. Probably the longest lasting holsters are horsehide. I would really like to see a horsehide kydex hybrid, where the kydex inserts were easily replaceable. It would retain like kydex but last forever. Leather belt loops are also way more comfortable because they mold into your body. Sheesh, just about talked myself into getting a Kramer horsehide holster. I have one for my G43 and it's amazing.

Quality leather is hard to beat, but you have to wear it often. Leather that sits in the closet is nowhere near as comfortable as a holster that gets strapped on every day.