PDA

View Full Version : Question on Remington 870 forearm

geezerbutler
12-14-08, 01:29
Does anyone know of the part # for the Forearm that comes on the Remington Factory MCS breeching gun?

Through the Remington LE Armory on the remington website I see someething that refers to an "FBI" forearm but it doesn't show a picture.

I have no idea if this refers to the MCS forearm, but it's the only thing that doesn't look familiar on paper.

Also, I wonder if it will fit any 870P or if the 870 MCS receiver or slide action bars are a special size to accomodate this model since to my eye it looks shorter than the standard police forearm.

Here is what it looks like......

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_JAPdm6GhhJM/SUSzBbSov7I/AAAAAAAAAOA/deDCh8yV-Fc/s800/DSC01293.jpg

Iraqgunz
12-14-08, 02:54
I believe that there are dimensional differences though it has been a few years since I was at the factory. Here are some P/N that may help you.

#301186 870 FORE END 12 GA SP SYN BLACK (MCS) $34.00
#301113 FOREND TUBE ASSY – MCS 12 ga $33.60
#18634 870 FORE END TUBE NUT 12 GA $6.70

geezerbutler
12-14-08, 09:02
Iraqgunz, thanks for the reply.

I went back after posting and looked at the 2008 master price list and found all of the MCS components.

It said that they are not compatible with non MCS systems.

Hmmm....do I really need to diasassemble a brand new 870P and spend more money on MCS parts just to get the forend...probably not.

I am still interested in what an "FBI Matte receiver" and an "FBI foreand" are.

Can you shed some light on this?

I met a Remington Rep @ a SWAT challenge in Layfayette, LA several Years ago and he gave me a Remington challenge coin, but I can't for the life of me find his contact info. He might be able to help.

BTW......Are you still in the sandbox?

Iraqgunz
12-14-08, 14:24
geezer,

Yep, still here kicking around. I believe that the differences are in the actual length and then the action bars. Somewhere I saw a pic comparing the two and it was obvious. Not sure what the whole "FBI" angle is all about. Maybe a marketing ploy?

Iraqgunz, thanks for the reply.

I went back after posting and looked at the 2008 master price list and found all of the MCS components.

It said that they are not compatible with non MCS systems.

Hmmm....do I really need to diasassemble a brand new 870P and spend more money on MCS parts just to get the forend...probably not.

I am still interested in what an "FBI Matte receiver" and an "FBI foreand" are.

Can you shed some light on this?

I met a Remington Rep @ a SWAT challenge in Layfayette, LA several Years ago and he gave me a Remington challenge coin, but I can't for the life of me find his contact info. He might be able to help.

BTW......Are you still in the sandbox?

Mike729
12-15-08, 17:35
geezer,

They are different, as the MCS has a 3rd capacity in that config, and a shorter "action" than a regular 870.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=75431&postcount=95

Here's a link that has the part #'s and may point you in the right direction.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=105941

geezerbutler
12-15-08, 17:55
Thanks Mike729.

So even when you swap for the longest barrel that comes with the whole MCS system, does it still retain the short action?

I guess I could assemble my own MCS piece by piece through the Remington LE armory, which would probably be way cheaper than buying it as an SBS outright.

I just really like the look of that foregrip.

But I really I think I'm good for Shtoguns at the moment, although I do kinda want an Benelli M4, just for S's & G's.