PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor

JoeBobJoe
12-07-21, 08:49
God bless the fallen of Pearl Harbor, & comfort the surviving.
80 years, & America still honors them, I am glad for that & proud of the men & women who serve our nation.
I pray America will always remember them, & honor their sacrifices.

Honu
12-07-21, 10:59
YUP

Also this last week we lost the last Band of brothers hero Shames ! IMHO this kinda stuff is so much more than OH did you see the this trial or that trial garbage :)

Have said this before because its a HUGE honor and was so moving I got to dive and take photos on the USS Arizona in the 90s truly a moving experience !!

Hank6046
12-07-21, 12:20
You can watch the movies, and old footage, History channel docs, etc. But there is nothing like actually being there, that experience is incredible. I remember being on LHD-4 Boxer in February 2011, and we were literally across the harbor from the Arizona. Incredible, the only word to describe it.

REDinFL
12-07-21, 12:23
My mother was in the hospital in NYC, on December 7, 1941. She told me (this was long before I was born) people were listening to a Giants football game on the radio in the day room. Then an announcement, the Japanese had attacked Pearl Harbor. Many people scoffed at it, thinking it was another fiction broadcast like the “War of the Worlds” of a few years earlier. Then, more networks broadcast the same thing. What seemed like a normal Sunday was a marker that life had changed forever, and many would make the ultimate sacrifice.

Remember. Even if for no other reason than the knowledge it can happen again, any time, while we are engaging in normal activity. The soldiers and sailors at Pearl were just having breakfast.