PDA

View Full Version : 100+ Dead In Kentucky

WillBrink
12-12-21, 10:42
Possibly more. A bad tornado may take out a handful of people, but 100+!? Wow. An entire town wiped off the map:

Night of devastating tornadoes likely kills more than 100 in Kentucky

MAYFIELD, Ky., Dec 11 (Reuters) - At least 100 people were feared dead in Kentucky after a swarm of tornadoes tore a 200-mile path through the U.S. Midwest and South, demolishing homes, levelling businesses and setting off a scramble to find survivors beneath the rubble, officials said Saturday.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fifty-people-likely-killed-tornadoes-kentucky-governor-2021-12-11/

HKGuns
12-12-21, 12:28
Simply more evidence of #ClimateChange

-RIP-

sgtrock82
12-12-21, 12:32
I likes the part where President Taterhead directs the EPA to find global warming responsible for this

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

AndyLate
12-12-21, 13:41
Interestingly, the previous record tornado was in 1925. That makes it a little hard for me to believe that climate change caused this to happen.

"If early reports are confirmed, the twister “will likely go down perhaps as one of the longest track violent tornadoes in United States history,” said Victor Gensini, a researcher on extreme weather at Northern Illinois University.

Gensini said this twister may have touched down for nearly 250 miles (400 kilometers).

The longest tornado currently on record touched down in March 1925, and tracked for about 220 miles (355 kilometers) through Missouri, Illinois and Indiana."

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/tornadoes-midwest-south-dead

Andy

ABNAK
12-12-21, 15:19
They can shove their "climate change" BS right up their arses (where it belongs). Leave it to the Left to characterize a friggin' NATURAL disaster as something humans caused. SMH

I will say that the candle factory who had their night shift still out on the production floor will be seeing many lawsuits for not evacuating people. I'll wager that Mayfield, KY is a large enough town that there are warning sirens. If they went off and no one was told to take cover/evacuate then they will get their asses sued off (well, their insurance company will).

.45fan
12-12-21, 15:33
They can shove their "climate change" BS right up their arses (where it belongs). Leave it to the Left to characterize a friggin' NATURAL disaster as something humans caused. SMH

I will say that the candle factory who had their night shift still out on the production floor will be seeing many lawsuits for not evacuating people. I'll wager that Mayfield, KY is a large enough town that there are warning sirens. If they went off and no one was told to take cover/evacuate then they will get their asses sued off (well, their insurance company will).I agree.

An article I read said the population of that town was just over 10k.

mRad
12-12-21, 15:55
I feel very fortunate. The town is not far from us. The storm that formed the tornados split and missed us by just a few miles. Prayers and donations are needed for those affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckaroo
12-12-21, 17:09
Glad to hear you were spared. I checked with my Ky friend they too were not hit. It will be a tough recovery with Christmas and winter weather.
Prayers and healing for all.

I feel very fortunate. The town is not far from us. The storm that formed the tornados split and missed us by just a few miles. Prayers and donations are needed for those affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pag23
12-12-21, 18:09
Prayers and Red Cross donations...

SteyrAUG
12-12-21, 18:20
Night time tornadoes are no joke. Less warning, slower response time and zip for visibility.

If it's a higher classification tornado, forget about it. People talking about climate change are idiots.

eightmillimeter
12-12-21, 18:27
While laid up in the hospital all morning I watched the weather channel, they were forecasting a night time tornado outbreak all day…

ABNAK
12-12-21, 18:56
Night time tornadoes are no joke. Less warning, slower response time and zip for visibility.

If it's a higher classification tornado, forget about it. People talking about climate change are idiots.

I'm about 2 hours SE of where it hit in Mayfield, KY. TN got some damage and fatalities also, but it wasn't near where I live fortunately.

Since my shoulder replacement four weeks ago I still sometimes sleep in the recliner in the living room. Might migrate back to the bedroom later. That night the storm woke me (in the living room). I knew it was coming from watching weather reports earlier. Got up and looked with the rain coming down in sheets, blowing sideways at times. Phone went off with the Amber-alert type of tone. Dogs were terrified, my German Shepherd squeezing himself underneath an end-table in the living room he didn't fit under! I was like "Fvck it, not much I can do" and laid back in the chair while listening for that tell-tale train sound. The basement was my next destination if necessary!

I really feel for those folks unlucky enough to have been hit.

HKGuns
12-12-21, 20:45
Wasn’t NYC supposed to be under water by now?

Really too bad for the rest of NY they got that one wrong as well.

SteyrAUG
12-12-21, 22:28
I'm about 2 hours SE of where it hit in Mayfield, KY. TN got some damage and fatalities also, but it wasn't near where I live fortunately.

Since my shoulder replacement four weeks ago I still sometimes sleep in the recliner in the living room. Might migrate back to the bedroom later. That night the storm woke me (in the living room). I knew it was coming from watching weather reports earlier. Got up and looked with the rain coming down in sheets, blowing sideways at times. Phone went off with the Amber-alert type of tone. Dogs were terrified, my German Shepherd squeezing himself underneath an end-table in the living room he didn't fit under! I was like "Fvck it, not much I can do" and laid back in the chair while listening for that tell-tale train sound. The basement was my next destination if necessary!

I really feel for those folks unlucky enough to have been hit.

You need a recliner and TV in the basement.

ETA: Geeze. Looking at this on news. Body counts might be coming down, but whole towns got scrubbed hard. That's a lot to deal with right before christmas and everything else.

Whole lot of rebuilding from square one going on, can't imagine that shit on the heels of the last two years.

HKGuns
12-12-21, 23:20
ETA: Geeze. Looking at this on news. Body counts might be coming down, but whole towns got scrubbed hard. That's a lot to deal with right before christmas and everything else.

Great point. Merry f-n Christmas.

I blame Xiden.

jsbhike
12-15-21, 18:25

I will say that the candle factory who had their night shift still out on the production floor will be seeing many lawsuits for not evacuating people. I'll wager that Mayfield, KY is a large enough town that there are warning sirens. If they went off and no one was told to take cover/evacuate then they will get their asses sued off (well, their insurance company will).

There are a few claiming they were told they would be fired if they left.

https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/before-tornado-hit-mayfield-candle-factory-workers-say-supervisors-threatened-to-fire-them-if-they/article_799c85a2-5c63-11ec-97f5-1f8a482d4fc1.html

SteyrAUG
12-15-21, 18:28
Well we are standing by for possible "big shit" weather.

ETA: Thankfully a nothingburger.

eightmillimeter
12-16-21, 20:52
Well we are standing by for possible "big shit" weather.

ETA: Thankfully a nothingburger.

All the fun was north of you. We got slammed.

SteyrAUG
12-17-21, 07:47
All the fun was north of you. We got slammed.

We got a little windy, thankfully NOTHING like they were prepping us for. I had a feeling over a week ago that that lone 70 degree day might cause some f'ing trouble. I should have called it and prepped for it way in advance.

Pappabear
12-17-21, 17:31
I lived in Mayfield KY when I was a kid. Only knew one that may have still lived there. Need to check and see if he still lives/ lived there. Sad shit.

PB